Former Taoiseach Brian Cowen seriously ill in hospital

stanley

We know what FF did but this thread is about Cowens health.
Never forget what FF did, they are standing right in front of you, willing and able to do it all over again, now they know how to lump most of it onto State debt and our children.

belcoo666

Never forget what FF did, they are standing right in front of you, willing and able to do it all over again, now they know how to lump most of it onto State debt and our children.
Never forget what FG did,while Fianna Fail were spending like there was no tomorrow or do blueshirts like you have just selective memory issues. They are standing right in front of you, willing and able to do it all over again, now they know how to lump most of it onto State debt and our children.

enuffisenuff

Shane Lowry's uncle was on the radio this morning, Tomas Mór.
he said that there was more good news for Clara yesterday - that mr Cowan was showing improvement,
& he send his best wishes to him his family.

To quite "The Office" somewhat...there's good news and irrelevant news....

stanley

Never forget what FG did,while Fianna Fail were spending like there was no tomorrow or do blueshirts like you have just selective memory issues. They are standing right in front of you, willing and able to do it all over again, now they know how to lump most of it onto State debt and our children.
Am no blueshirt as you call them, but trust FF less, they have proven form.

offalypat

did you ever think it was a bigger power that caused all of the debt like maybe bond holders.i dont support ff or fg or labour but i do support sinn fein now just think of this situtation that you had billions of money in what ever currency you like and you want to make this money work for you so you want to make sure it was a sure bet and the best way to do this was to make sure to force loans on to the shoulders of others with the guarantor being the government of that country.

MsDaisyC

did you ever think it was a bigger power that caused all of the debt like maybe bond holders.i dont support ff or fg or labour but i do support sinn fein now just think of this situtation that you had billions of money in what ever currency you like and you want to make this money work for you so you want to make sure it was a sure bet and the best way to do this was to make sure to force loans on to the shoulders of others with the guarantor being the government of that country.
FF guaranteed all the gambling debts of bond holders including unguaranteed bonds which they didn't have to do. Maybe they did it to save their own fortunes... it seems like a very Fianna Fail thing to do.

belcoo666

Am no blueshirt as you call them, but trust FF less, they have proven form.
There is zero difference in the make up or culture . Anyone that trust FG is naive in the extreme .The sooner those two merge into some form of superbitch the better for the country

hiding behind a poster

Developer A gets reckless loans from Irish bank to buy a site from developer B at massively inflated Celtic tiger prices for €70m in 2006. A few years later the bank goes bankrupt. NAMA steps in and buys the loan at a steep discount. Developer A goes into receivership. 7 years later developer B buys site back from NAMA at knockdown price and developer B made a handsome profit of €50m. Who carries the loss?
The loss was taken by the bank when the original loans went into NAMA, though by cleaning up its balance sheet the bank had a better chance of quickly returning to profitability, which would benefit the State if it invested in that bank. Developer A remained liable for the full amount. Developer B did good business, and as a result housing gets built.

What would you suggest instead?

hiding behind a poster

Oh stop trolling. They have gotten far worse under FG. That's how and you know it and have decided to troll the thread.

Get on over to your Mairead McGuinness thread, the one you started but decided rather quickly to abandon.
No, I'm bot trolling. To say that FG exacerbated a particular problem can be different to saying that that problem got worse under FG. Do you understand that? If you don't, I'll explain it to you. To say that FG exacerbated a problem is to say that things are worse than they'd be had FG done nothing. Is that really your view about housing and health, and if so can you substantiate it with facts?

hiding behind a poster

I'll just point you to my above two posts. It is totally dumbfounding that for instance, the exchange regarding FG exacerbating homelessness and waiting lists you asked the question. You accuse me of not debating honestly with you but we see clearly that you have not done so with me. And not just me either. On a second instance, you claimed the developers did not get a bailout but in the same breath you explained the bailout that they actually received.

So I'll bid you good night.
No, I did no such thing.

hiding behind a poster

I'll just point you to my above two posts. It is totally dumbfounding that for instance, the exchange regarding FG exacerbating homelessness and waiting lists you asked the question. You accuse me of not debating honestly with you but we see clearly that you have not done so with me. And not just me either. On a second instance, you claimed the developers did not get a bailout but in the same breath you explained the bailout that they actually received.

So I'll bid you good night.
What have FG done to exacerbate homelessness and waiting lists?

hiding behind a poster

As i said earlier keep your childish spinning to a more relevant section of the forum . Fine Gael found out in the recent local elections how happy people are with "their full employment everywhere BS ". Grow up
That's not Fine Gael, it's the CSO. Are you saying the figures are wrong? Also, maybe you should check out the exit poll data - was unemployment a big issue in the local elections?

hiding behind a poster

I would have defaulted on the bank debt, introduced a severe austerity which would have made the recession worse, more unemployment and much more emigration. We would then exit the recession, at some stage, with the 30bn debt we entered it with.
And with far more poverty, far more emigration, far more death. Substantial multiples of all three. Also, in the 2011 election, at least 80% of voters voted for parties and individuals who proposed paying our debts, cutting spending and raising taxes, in order to fix the public finances.

carlovian

What have FG done to exacerbate homelessness and waiting lists?
Fg hand over millions in hap payments to landlords instead of building social houses.

This is why homelessness has doubled since fg took over and got so bad that the department of housing have to massage the figures.

hiding behind a poster

hiding behind a poster

Fg hand over millions in hap payments to landlords instead of building social houses.
Why do landlords try so hard to avoid HAP tenants, in that case? Also, given that we obviously don't have sufficient social housing stock at the moment, what would you do for low-income tenants who can't afford their rent?

This is why homelessness has doubled since fg took over and got so bad that the department of housing have to massage the figures.
You have evidence that the figures are being massaged? As for homelessness doubling, I'm sure you agree that Alan Kelly's actions in 2014 were at least partially a factor. Also, do you agree that part of the reason is the dramatic recovery in the economy?

hiding behind a poster

Really, what did FG do while FF were spending like there was no tomorrow?

hiding behind a poster

What on earth are you talking about?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies