Former Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas publically admits to having HIV

raetsel

owedtojoy

Obviously not man on man, as heterosexual, unless your lady indulges with a Bi-sexual.
A lady could get HIV from needle-sharing, if she is abuses drugs, as well as from a male partner who had contacted it. Ladies who share sex toys like vibrators, without precautions, might also contact it.

Proper precautions in sexual activity is the best defence for the sexually active.

toughbutfair

The people who buy tabloids or read their sites are hypocrites to criticize them for blackmailing people with AIDS , you fuel their business. Stop buying tabloids and they disappear. Then the working class would get more informed views.

raetsel

That’s a lot less likely than I thought, especially considering the girl is unlikely to have AIDS in the first place.
It is still pretty high considering that it is a life changing condition.
However it doesn't make my question any less relevant.
Another question: why do you people obsess so much about gay sex? I often laugh at the way your minds work, and the way you are so troubled about what other consenting adults do between the sheets. I don't waste my time dwelling on homosexual acts and I suppose that helps me in my efforts to be tolerant of other people who are clearly different to me. As a matter of interest do you obsess upon obese heterosexuals having sex as well and how comical that must be?

toughbutfair

Another question: why do you people obsess so much about gay sex? I often laugh at the way your minds work, and the way you are so troubled about what other consenting adults do between the sheets. I don't waste my time dwelling on homosexual acts and I suppose that helps me in my efforts to be tolerant of other people who are clearly different to me. As a matter of interest do you obsess upon obese heterosexuals having sex as well and how comical that must be?
Some people , like Republicans in the USA , do obsess about them but I don’t , they mean very little to me. I didn’t bother voting on the gay marriage issue as I simply didn’t care one way or the other. While I think their sex is gross , it is not my business . While their obsession with Judy garland, and that panty bliss thing is bizarre, so be it. I find the way they walk and taIk to be strange but that’s no problem. I support the legalization of their acts as they are consenting. I think the AIDS situation must be frightening for them. I don’t know what causes people to be gay, probably a gene that doesn’t work properly in a way people born with disabilities (physical or mental) have something that doesn’t work properly but either way I leave them alone, I don’t know any and believe they should be left alone and not bullied , attacked or blackmailed about AIDS.

BACKTOBASICS

It is the gay community who highlight and publicise their sexuality and sexual activities with gay pride marches etc, etc. Looking for 'equality' is a bit false, as we are all different. To me, it is a difference, and deal with it. Homosexuals are not the 'same' as heterosexuals and that is the reality everybody must face up to.

I do and will always regard marriage as between a man and a women and in this way only can the human race survive (unless we want to go test-tube, but still the same, negative and positive. to produce off-spring).

Believing this, I couldn't care less what homosexuals get up to, that is their business - but not in my face.

There are the many homosexuals who regard all this gay pride and marriage equality lark as publicity stunts with too much attention focused on highlighting their sexuality - heterosexuals do not have this need.

Last edited:

raetsel

Some people , like Republicans in the USA , do obsess about them but I don’t , they mean very little to me. I didn’t bother voting on the gay marriage issue as I simply didn’t care one way or the other. While I think their sex is gross , it is not my business . While their obsession with Judy garland, and that panty bliss thing is bizarre, so be it. I find the way they walk and taIk to be strange but that’s no problem. I support the legalization of their acts as they are consenting. I think the AIDS situation must be frightening for them. I don’t know what causes people to be gay, probably a gene that doesn’t work properly in a way people born with disabilities (physical or mental) have something that doesn’t work properly but either way I leave them alone, I don’t know any and believe they should be left alone and not bullied , attacked or blackmailed about AIDS.
Fair enough.
I don't think all of them fit the Judy Garland/Panti Bliss stereotype though by any means, and more than hetero males all fit the Charles Bronson/Bruce Willis/John Wayne mould.

livingstone

It is the gay community who highlight and publicise their sexuality and sexual activities with gay pride marches etc, etc. Looking for 'equality' is a bit false, as we are all different. To me, it is a difference, and deal with it. Homosexuals are not the 'same' as heterosexuals and that is the reality everybody must face up to.

I do and will always regard marriage as between a man and a women and in this way only can the human race survive (unless we want to go test-tube, but still the same, negative and positive. to produce off-spring).

Believing this, I couldn't care less what homosexuals get up to, that is their business - but not in my face.

There are the many homosexuals who regard all this gay pride and marriage equality lark as publicity stunts with too much attention focused on highlighting their sexuality - heterosexuals do not have this need.
Your first mistake is to think that equality implies or requires sameness. It doesn't.

Your second mistake is to regard your own view as what marriage is as being in any way relevant. The law defines what marriage is, not you.

Your third mistake is in your 'many' gay people who object gay pride and gay marriage. A tiny minority, perhaps. Many? Nope.

Buchaill Dana

Gross... Legalization...

Not very Irish that chat.

omgsquared

Unlikely.
some hetrosexuals are to blame for catching HIV . As an example men who engage in unprotected sex with prositutes, sex workers in places where there are high HIV rates such as Nairobi, Or women who pick up "beach boys in similar places, its about personal responsibility. I have a lot of sympathy for wives, husbands who catch it from a partner who may have contracted it from sex outside of thier relationship or nurses, doctors or people who were exposed to infected blood etc,

Dame_Enda

I personally am indifferent to gay pride parades but I see no harm in them. After all heterosexuality is in our face 24/7 far more than homosexuality. How long has it been since there was a gay kiss on RTE, unlike quite frequently in the latest storyline on Eastenders regarding Callum and Ben's relationship. Homosexuals are far more discreet about our sexuality than many straight people, which in part probably comes from being a suppressed minority from centuries. When was the last time you saw two men holding hands on the street? I have never seen it in my town except maybe once.

toughbutfair

I personally am indifferent to gay pride parades but I see no harm in them. After all heterosexuality is in our face 24/7 far more than homosexuality. How long has it been since there was a gay kiss on RTE, unlike quite frequently in the latest storyline on Eastenders regarding Callum and Ben's relationship. Homosexuals are far more discreet about our sexuality than many straight people, which in part probably comes from being a suppressed minority from centuries. When was the last time you saw two men holding hands on the street? I have never seen it in my town except maybe once.
Of course the norm is in your face more. TV has too many gays to be realistic, it’s like we should all have a gay friend and it’s just as likely to be gay as straight. Some people are into bondage and that is their preference but I don’t think people in gimp suits should be around children as they were on gay pride day. We’ve sacrificed enough children to one powerful lobby in the past.

Politics matters

Good news for gay and bi men. Leo has just announced that as of next month PREP will be given to people who are in high-risk groups of being infected with HIV.

omgsquared

Good news for gay and bi men. Leo has just announced that as of next month PREP will be given to people who are in high-risk groups of being infected with HIV.

Perhaps attempting to persuade people to avoid high risk pracices might also be appropriate, No I suppose they cannot help themselves, it is not their fault etc, Why not give it to everybody then we could all become as hedonistic and immoral as we can decend to....

Dame_Enda

Perhaps attempting to persuade people to avoid high risk pracices might also be appropriate, No I suppose they cannot help themselves, it is not their fault etc, Why not give it to everybody then we could all become as hedonistic and immoral as we can decend to....
There is no high risk of catching HIV provided both partners are free of HIV.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom