Foster V Varadkar

mangaire2

Stop being silly, Ted. The idea that anyone who matters would like Ireland to rejoin the UK is for the birds (I'm probably putting it more politely than the idea deserves).

There are three choices: a reversal of Brexit (or Britain at least remaining in the Customs Union), a customs border on the Irish Sea or a hard border.

Of the three, a customs border on the Irish Sea seems to me the least likely.

One wonders, though, what'll happen after the next election in Britain.
"Of the three, a customs border on the Irish Sea seems to me the least likely."

"a customs border on the Irish Sea" is the most practical, in the event of the non-reversal of Brexit,
& the most beneficial to the people of Ireland - north & south.

mac tíre

"We'll give them Rathlin Island" from the mouth of a republican clearly chuffed by the appalling position the Tories and the DUP have got themselves into is not sectarian because its "looking fun at each other" (Sic.)?

Right so.
Don't you ever dare assume anything about me, Toland. I have to live with the "appalling position" you claim I am chuffed about.
You don't speak for me - and never ever on these boards ever do it again.

Clueless.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
"Of the three, a customs border on the Irish Sea seems to me the least likely."

"a customs border on the Irish Sea" is the most practical, in the event of the non-reversal of Brexit,
& the most beneficial to the people of Ireland - north & south.
Correct. But Arlene has a knife to her nose and seems determined to go through with it.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Don't you ever dare assume anything about me, Toland. I have to live with the "appalling position" you claim I am chuffed about.
You don't speak for me - and never ever on these boards ever do it again.

Clueless.
You're imagining things. All I know about you is what you write here. My responses are to those writings and those writings alone.

Mind yerself now.

mac tíre

You're imagining things. All I know about you is what you write here. My responses are to those writings and those writings alone.

Mind yerself now.
Look, you are wrong. Just accept that and move on.

Chuffed, me arsé.

im axeled

The Unionists plus many Catholics do not want a united Ireland.

The best way imo to achieve a solution is for a cross border conference of all Irish politicians to occur and for them to thrash out a solution.

British and Eu mainland politicians trying to attend will be arrested.
how would you get the dupers to sit down with the others, never mind attend

hollandia

Look, you are wrong. Just accept that and move on.

Chuffed, me arsé.
Never attribute to malice the product of outright stupidity. You need to remember that Toland has been raised on a section 31 diet of they're all as bad as each other. That he totally lacks any sense of humour, or the critical thinking ability to assess things and the humility to back down, isn't really his fault.

im axeled

I say call Irelands bluff.

UK should state if there is no deal and a hard border is to be introduced. Have a United Ireland referendum. If an United Ireland passes - no need for border. If it fails, hard border until a deal can be agreed post-Brexit.

Watch Leinster House s**t the bed at the thought of paying for Northern Ireland.
it n.i. tied itself to the souths apron strings, it would soon enough loose its basket case tag

firefly123

thats if they do not beef up the mentaly deranged and sucide stats, like their predessors are doing
I'd imagine some talk about the gloves coming off and turning the RAF on dublin in retaliation.
Give him a while to rehydrate after his earlier verbal onanism

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies