Fox host: Church is the best place to get shot because you’re close to Jesus when you die............

Socratus O' Pericles

Fox host: Church is the best place to get shot because you’re close to Jesus when you die............

The religious nuts working for Fox are something else:

Fox News host Ainsley Earhardt said on Monday that the victims of the shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX were in the best possible place to be shot.

Being shot and killed in a church, she said, meant they were “close to Christ” when they died.

“We’ve been reporting this shouldn’t happen in a church, but I was downstairs talking with some people that work here that we all talk about our faith and we share the same beliefs,” Earhardt said. “We were saying there’s no other place we would want to go other than church.”

Her reasoning?

“Because I’m there asking for forgiveness, I feel very close to Christ when I’m there,” Earhardt said. “So, I’m trying to look at some positives here and know that those people are with the Lord now and experiencing eternity and no more suffering, no more sadness anymore.”

This is insane, isn't it.

On another note though, if there had to be a plane crash and the Tory cabinet happened to be all gathered together on a bus, and the driver had gone for their break........... could be dong society a favour..... yaknowwhatimeanlike.

blinding

If you believe in that particular sky fairy of that church then if you are going to be shot you might as well be shot there .

Cruimh

I suppose the thinking is that they were in a state of grace when killed. Mind you as God is omnipresent I'm not sure how the closer to Jesus works. it isn't as if Baptists believe in transubstantiation. Presumably the "best" time for a Catholic to die is immediately after confession?

edg

Religous people would take more comfort dying in a church than on the street.

Do you have a point or is this just a bit of casual bigotry? Ever hear of live and let live? Worst op I've read in a while.

florin

Now might I do it pat, now he is praying;
And now I'll do't. And so he goes to heaven;
And so am I revenged. That would be scann'd:
A villain kills my father; and for that,
I, his sole son, do this same villain send
To heaven.
O, this is hire and salary, not revenge.
He took my father grossly, full of bread;
With all his crimes broad blown, as flush as May;
And how his audit stands who knows save heaven?
But in our circumstance and course of thought,
'Tis heavy with him: and am I then revenged,
To take him in the purging of his soul,
When he is fit and season'd for his passage?
No!
Up, sword; and know thou a more horrid hent:
When he is drunk asleep, or in his rage,
Or in the incestuous pleasure of his bed;
At gaming, swearing, or about some act
That has no relish of salvation in't;
Then trip him, that his heels may kick at heaven,
And that his soul may be as damn'd and black
As hell, whereto it goes. My mother stays:
This physic but prolongs thy sickly days.

ShoutingIsLeadership

On the surface it sounds silly, but when you read the article she has a point. Most people wouldn't like to be gunned down anywhere though. I'm not religious but I get where she's coming from, some people find comfort in their church.

Yeah, I reckon they were all chilled as fúck when they realised what was happening, last Sunday

eoghanacht

So Mr Jesus wanted it to happen?

Dame_Enda

She means its where she would want to be when she dies. Everyone has concepts of where they want to be when they die. That does not mean they want to die a brutal death.

Socratus O' Pericles

Do prayers get answered, it says Ted Cruz is praying for them on then news.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Check out the insights into the psychology of some of these nuts.

'“So, I’m trying to look at some positives here and know that those people are with the Lord now and experiencing eternity and no more suffering, no more sadness anymore.”

Some extreme xtians are convinced that the here and now on earth is actually 'hell'. I've seen this before in the mawkish statements on 'the valley of the shadow of death' and the 'miserere' and so on.

They'll never admit to it though the strand is there in the psychology.

Socratus O' Pericles

I’m trying to look at some positives here and know that those people are with the Lord now and experiencing eternity and no more suffering, no more sadness anymore.

jebus..............

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The old joke about the last thoughts of the average xtian on dying... 'hey! Where's my-'

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
How does this Fox news anchor (or whatever she is) know that the people in the church were suffering sadness and sorrow to the point where they are now in a better place?

If you could ask many of them I'd suggest they'd rather be alive. And how does she know that half the dead weren't having a jolly old life altogether?

Probably mr god speaking through her. Or through some part of her own ego closely linked to her arse I'd suggest.

MaireadKelly1

The religious nuts working for Fox are something else:

This is insane, isn't it.

On another note though, if there had to be a plane crash and the Tory cabinet happened to be all gathered together on a bus, and the driver had gone for their break........... could be dong society a favour..... yaknowwhatimeanlike.
Steve Doocy's face was a picture when Earhardt was saying this. :lol:
He was speechless - did not seem to know what to say!

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Worth remembering by the time these people get to the Network news desk they've inhaled so much hair-spray they are barely mobile.

New Threads

Most Replies