Fox Networks Group’s London Offices Raided by European Commission

firefly123

The London offices of 21st Century Fox’s Fox Networks Group were raided by European Commission investigators.

It is understood that competition watchdogs gained access to the company’s offices in Hammersmith, west London, early today to seize documents and computer records.

The raid comes amid Fox's drawn out takeover of Sky, which has fallen under intense scrutiny by regulators at the U.K.'s Competition and Markets Authority.

Fox Networks Group said in a statement to CNBC that it is "cooperating fully with the EC inspection." The European Commission did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/fox-offices-london-raided-european-204900674.html

The raid comes amid Fox's drawn out takeover of Sky, which has fallen under intense scrutiny by regulators at the U.K.'s Competition and Markets Authority.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/10/fox-offices-in-london-raided-by-european-commission-investigators.html

I wonder is this one of the reasons Murdoch was so pro brexit

Last edited:

Elvis jaffacake

One last sweet ************************ you before we see the back of him...

publicrealm

I still don't see why they can't just copy our 'Tribunal of Enquiry' model - much better results all round.

cracjerz

Jayus between that and Facebook up in front of Congress our overlords are getting irked. Mabey our Dennis will be next

Dame_Enda

Globalist Deep State. Undemocratic, unelected Brussels bureaucrats lashing out at Eurosceptic success.

an innocent abroad

Globalist Deep State. Undemocratic, unelected Brussels bureaucrats lashing out at Eurosceptic success.
Watching Fox fake news in the U.S...Now that's what you call "Deep state" when a guy with more makeup than a drag queen is the intelligence advisor to the POTUS.

Pathetic.

firefly123

Right. Murdoch and his plucky band of rebels will continue the good fight.

Karloff

Strawberry

"When I go to 10 Downing St they do what I tell them to, when I go to Brussels they ignore me." - Rupert Murdoch

owedtojoy

... and that is the Gospel for Today from the President Lardarse News Network.

seanof

The EU Commission might as well make the most of the short time it's got left to trample over Britain. It's been served its walking papers and nobody will be sorry to see it go.

owedtojoy

"When I go to 10 Downing St they do what I tell them to, when I go to Brussels they ignore me." - Rupert Murdoch
Not any more, apparently.

Maybe someone told Brussels Murdoch and his Acolytes were proficient at hacking private data and fake news even before the Russians got in on the act.

owedtojoy

The EU Commission might as well make the most of the short time they've got left to trample over Britain. It's been served its walking papers and nobody will be sorry to see it go.
Note the identification of "Fox News" with "Britain".

Suddenly the Australian Republican Murdoch and the American Fox News are getting wrapped in the patriotic Union Jack.

All the fascists just flock together eventually.

Skin the Goat

The EU Commission might as well make the most of the short time it's got left to trample over Britain. It's been served its walking papers and nobody will be sorry to see it go.
Funny. I could have sworn a few people in the UK voted to remain!

Elvis jaffacake

If that was the case they'd raid the Sun..

seanof

Note the identification of "Fox News" with "Britain".

Suddenly the Australian Republican Murdoch and the American Fox News are getting wrapped in the patriotic Union Jack.

All the fascists just flock together eventually.
The EU raid occurred in Britain, which will be out of its jurisdiction soon.

Strawberry

The EU raid occurred in Britain, which will be out of its jurisdiction soon.
How many people in Britain will rejoice at Murdoch being given even more scope to exploit them by a supine British government?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies