• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Fox News has fired network head Roger Ailes over the claims of Sexual Harassment by several women

USER1234

BREAKING: Roger Ailes Booted From Fox News Over Alleged Sexual Harassment, Gets $40M Parachute

Variety has the first word:

Roger Ailes is officially out at Fox News, a source familiar with the situation confirmed to Variety. The former head of the network reportedly received a $40 million buyout after Gretchen Carlson and several other women accused him of sexual harassment over the past couple of weeks.

From the Daily Beast:

Fox News confirmed to The Daily Beast editor-at-large Lloyd Grove on Tuesday that beleagured chairman and CEO Roger Ailes will depart the cable news network following sexual harassment claims by former anchor Gretchen Carlson. According to a document obtained by the Drudge Report, Ailes will receive at least a $40 million buyout from the network. The news comes hours after New York Magazine reporter Gabe Sherman wrote that Fox News star Megyn Kelly told investigators hired by 21st Century Fox that Ailes had sexually harassed her ten years ago.
Source: REPORTS: Roger Ailes Booted From Fox News Over Alleged Sexual Harassment, Gets $40M Parachute - Joe.My.God.

it didn't help that current fox news star Megyn Kelly today also made claims about Mr Ailes!

owedtojoy

Ex celt

One of the good guys. He will be vindicated under the Trumpton Caliphate.

LadyLou

Well, there were the male presenters dressed in suits and shirts and ties.

And then there were them female presenters................with legs that went on

and on and up. And mostly blond and busty.

And I used to get so cross with the female presenter for .............giving in to

Ailles vision of women.

stopdoingstuff

Actually, there have been whisperings about that guy for a while.

irish_bob

i like to hear conservative views in the media but fox news is unwatchable , none of the anchors are any good and i include megyn kelly

sean hannity has to be the biggest b0ll0x to ever appear on tv

mr_anderson

Well, there were the male presenters dressed in suits and shirts and ties.

And then there were them female presenters................with legs that went on

and on and up. And mostly blond and busty.

And I used to get so cross with the female presenter for .............giving in to

Ailles vision of women.
Meh.
I love women as much as the next straight guy.
But female TV presenters are plastic in comparison to most girls walking down the street.
Too much make-up & blonde hair etc.

Countdown's Rachel Riley is, of course the exception to the rule.
But it's her intellect I am in love with.
Nothing more. I ... ehhh ... promise.

stopdoingstuff

i like to hear conservative views in the media but fox news is unwatchable , none of the anchors are any good and i include megyn kelly

sean hannity has to be the biggest b0ll0x to ever appear on tv
Terrible station. No intellectual foundation.

USER1234

REPORT: Uproar At Fox News As Network Stars Threaten To Walkout Over Ousting Of Roger Ailes

According to an “exclusive” reported tonight by Matt Drudge, top on-air personalities at Fox News are meeting to discuss a joint walkout should chairman Roger Ailes be ousted over sexual harassment claims made by several current and former staffers.

Earlier today it was reported that Ailes had left the company with a $40M exit package, but that story was quickly walked back. Apparently Ailes continues to negotiate whether he will stay with the network, although most sources believe that he will be out by the end of the week.

Among those reportedly prepared to leave with Ailes are Sean Hannity, Greta Van Susteren, Bill O’Reilly, and the on-air casts of Fox & Friends and The Five. According to the Financial Times, Hannity, Van Susteren, and O’Reilly have contracts which stipulate that they are permitted to leave if Ailes does.
Full story: REPORT: Uproar At Fox News As Network Stars Threaten To Walkout Over Ousting Of Roger Ailes - Joe.My.God.

Analyzer

This is big news.

And they put him in his place quicker than you could say Paula Jones, or Juanita Broderick.

mr_anderson

You are so right Sister. We in Ireland are so lucky to have BBC,UTV and SKY.

What are you talking about - sure we have RTE !
How could you keep yourself informed without your regular dose of Brendan O'Connor, Turbridy or De Aresey ?
Intellectual giants one & all.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies