• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

FOX NEWS the most trusted network in the states

CookieMonster

Americans do not trust the major tv news operations in the country- except for Fox News.

Our newest survey looking at perceptions of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, and NBC News finds Fox as the only one that more people say they trust than distrust. 49% say they trust it to 37% who do not.

CNN does next best at a 39/41 spread, followed by NBC at 35/44, CBS at 32/46, and ABC at 31/46.

Public Policy Polling: Fox leads for trust

imokyrok

Creationists are a gullible lot.

borntorum

That says a lot more about Americans than it does about Fox News or any of the other news channels

imokyrok

That says a lot more about Americans than it does about Fox News or any of the other news channels
Indeed. From that article:
These numbers suggest quite a shift in what Americans want from their news. A generation ago Walter Cronkite was the most trusted man in the country because of his neutrality. Now people trust Fox the most precisely because of its lack of neutrality. It says a lot about where journalism is headed.

CookieMonster

Cookie, do you think this: http://homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/blog/user_files/speeches.jpg, might have anything to do with it?
Oh no, no not at all. You see Coakley's speech was short while Scott Brown's was long so they couldn't show it all. Perfectly reasonable really, I mean he won so we'll hear about him a lot more while Coakley lost so it's the last we'll hear from her. Makes perfect sense... what? IT DOES!

Also, in MSNBC's case they had to run some adverts and let Keith Olbermann call some people names.

You and your right-wing conspiratorial bias! I tut at you, silly man.

liamfoley

If lack of neutrality was what people were looking for then MSNBC should be closer to FOX, as it is FOX are kicking their ass.

CookieMonster

The trust index:

Fox - 49 %
CNN - 39 %
NBC - 35 %
CBS - 32 %
ABC - 31%

The distrust index:

ABC - 46%
CBS - 46 %
NBC 44 %
CNN 41 %
Fox 37 %

G

Gadjodilo

Fox tells them what they want to hear; it's comfort eating for the mind.

imokyrok

If lack of neutrality was what people were looking for then MSNBC should be closer to FOX, as it is FOX are kicking their ass.
What on earth popularity got to do with news quality ? You are hardly saying that quality of programming is reflected in the viewing numbers. If so Big Brother and x factor must be the pinnacle of the TV artform.

Fox have been caught lying so many times no one expects any better from them now - and I mean straight out lies not just bias.

Cassandra Syndrome

Russia Today. Channel 512 on Skybox. Brillant news channel.

borntorum

The growth in cable news is a major factor in the increasing polarisation of American politics. In the past, everyone got their news from the same, basically centrist, sources. That meant that the right was forced to listen to what the left thought, and vice versa. Now, right wingers watch Fox, and leftists watch MSNBC (and those who actually want to see some news as opposed to having propaganda rammed down their throats watch CNN). They don't have to even try to consider what the other side thinks, and this leads to groupthink. Oldtimers in the US Congress say that new entrants don't have the same cross-party relationships that there used to be, and that are essential for the mature workings of government, because the ideological bitterness is too deep

CookieMonster

Fox tells them what they want to hear; it's comfort eating for the mind.
The entire American public are told what they want to hear by fox?

The trust index:

Fox - 49 %
CNN - 39 %
NBC - 35 %
CBS - 32 %
ABC - 31%

The distrust index:

ABC - 46%
CBS - 46 %
NBC 44 %
CNN 41 %
Fox 37 %

liamfoley

What on earth popularity got to do with news quality ? You are hardly saying that quality of programming is reflected in the viewing numbers. If so Big Brother and x factor must be the pinnacle of the TV artform.

Fox have been caught lying so many times no one expects any better from them now - and I mean straight out lies not just bias.
I was pointing out that the most partisan news network is MSNBC, positively hateful towards the Tea Party movement for example. If FOX spewed such bile towards a group they disagreed with the self righteous brigade would be out. This is reflected in the trust figures. Can you cite examples of how Fox have been caught lying? Specific examples, plural.

borntorum

I was pointing out that the most partisan news network is MSNBC.
Oh yeah? Im not as familiar with MSNBC as I am with Fox, but I know that the former have a former GOP Politician as their morning anchor. Where are the Democrats on Fox?