Fr. Trev

Marcos the black

Let's hope he sticks to these vows...

Marcos the black

what vows did he not stick to? seems to me he has more in him than lying cheating using tramps like kenny and leo the unelected
Now, now his offer to resign when he took his seat at cabinet was jesuitical.
Didn't he say that the Greens wouldn't get into bed with FF and then that changed to he wouldn't lead the Greens into govt with FF... "Planet Bertie" I believed he called it. I know a lot of Greens, and I would have been a supporter too, who felt very betrayed by the Greens getting into bed with FF, even if he did step down over it. They voted for The Greens. They couldn't uncast they're votes, but still their votes were keeping FF in power.

Last edited:

Marcos the black

what vows did he not stick to? seems to me he has more in him than lying cheating using tramps like kenny and leo the unelected
Btw.. Leo is elected by the Dail. Same as every other Taoiseach in the history of the state

Eoin Coir

Back in the days of brown envelopes,he produced a cheque from FF at a Council meeting it was a planning bribe, Don Lydon tried to snap it off him,assaulting him in process.

jimbohane

Perhaps now he will have time to repent for betraying the people who voted his party into Dail Eireann. Like the now defunct Green Party good riddance to him.

Eoin Coir

SPN

Didn't he say that the Greens wouldn't get into bed with FF and then that changed to her wouldn't lead the Greens into govt with FF...
"I certainly wouldn't go into government with Fianna Fáil. It won't be me as leader of the Green Party if that happens." (May 15th 2005)

"Planet Bertie" I believed he called it.
That was John Gormley.

But both John and Trevor would have been in agreement with everything John said in the Planet Bertie speech.

I know a lot of Greens, and I would have been a supporter too, who felt very betrayed by the Greens getting into bed with FF, even if he did step down over it. They voted for The Greens. They couldn't uncast they're votes, but still their votes were keeping FF in power.
FF were going to be in power regardless. The entire FF front bench polled a full quota or more on their respective number 1s. Bertie polled 1.84 quotas and Willy O'Dea polled 2.3 quotas. Even Sean Haughey was only 75 votes short of a quota of number 1s.

The question was whether it would be with the Greens or Labour.

I can understand that people were annoyed that the Greens went into Government with FF, but once Enda Kenny refused Trevor's offer to broker a deal with Sinn Fein it was always going to be Bertie for Taoiseach.

After that it was damage limitation.

ShoutingIsLeadership

"I certainly wouldn't go into government with Fianna Fáil. It won't be me as leader of the Green Party if that happens." (May 15th 2005)

That was John Gormley.

But both John and Trevor would have been in agreement with everything John said in the Planet Bertie speech.

FF were going to be in power regardless. The entire FF front bench polled a full quota or more on their respective number 1s. Bertie polled 1.84 quotas and Willy O'Dea polled 2.3 quotas. Even Sean Haughey was only 75 votes short of a quota of number 1s.

I can understand that people were annoyed that the Greens went into Government with FF, but once Enda Kenny refused Trevor's offer to broker a deal with Sinn Fein it was always going to be Bertie for Taoiseach.

Yes, save those Stags in exchange for voting for NAMA.

Fr. Ted Crilly

Btw.. Leo is elected by the Dail. Same as every other Taoiseach in the history of the state
Did he have the support of the majority of TD's in Dail Eireann?

Indeed, did he have the support of the majority of members of the FG party?

Marcos the black

That was John Gormley.

So... If you voted Green in 2007 did you expect your vote to prop up FF?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom