• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

France Approves Gay Marriage

Cooperate for freedom

Say goodbye to Mother and Father in France and husband and wife.

Parents (except biological ones at times) in partnership here we go!

harshreality

Lets all watch France and see how the sky falls in and "normal" marriages fall asunder from being undermined:)

IbrahaimMohamad

Fair point - Argue your case and approach the government with a campaign.
the arguments used to deny two gay people being married are also used to deny three or more gay or straight people from marrying!

Happytolearn

Lets all watch France and see how the sky falls in and "normal" marriages fall asunder from being undermined:)
[video=youtube;gl8oKO7BAuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl8oKO7BAuU[/video]

If you haven't seen this - have a peek - it's very good.

Radix

France is fûcked so!

Happytolearn

the arguments used to deny two gay people being married are also used to deny three or more gay or straight people from marrying!
I agree. I'm not personally sure of where I stand on this - as I haven't considered it closely and it doesn't affect my life - if you feel strongly enough about it - and perhaps want to marry more than one person you should further your cause.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
A wonderful day for French gay couples -

BBC News - Same-sex marriage: France changes law

In spite of the vote there was a sizeable opposition - Polls show a larger support for equal marriage than adoption rights.
Which country is next? Well done France.
No, the polls have shown a declining percentage in favour of "gay marriage" (we're not talking about "equal marriage here, if we were then polygamy would have been legalised) to a pouint where the percentage has gone from >60% to a bare 53%. The opposition would be fully within their rights to say that they would reverse this legislation, if elected, given the protests and the lack of a direct public vote.

This is another example of a government foisting a re-definition of marriage onto the public with a direct mandate from the public. There isn't a single country in the world of any country re-defining marriage at the behest of its people.

Mercurial

No, the polls have shown a declining percentage in favour of "gay marriage" (we're not talking about "equal marriage here, if we were then polygamy would have been legalised) to a pouint where the percentage has gone from >60% to a bare 53%. The opposition would be fully within their rights to say that they would reverse this legislation, if elected, given the protests and the lack of a direct public vote.

This is another example of a government foisting a re-definition of marriage onto the public with a direct mandate from the public. There isn't a single country in the world of any country re-defining marriage at the behest of its people.
I don't think you've quite grasped how this whole representative democracy thing works.

In any case, equal marriage rights for gay people is a matter of basic justice. Any state would be entitled to bring it in even without majority support, jut as any state would be entitled to legalise interracial marriage even if a majority opposed it.

ManOfReason

French people still get married? Sacré bleu!

Happytolearn

Marriage has evolved and changed over the centuries - this is, in my view, another evolution. The idea that gays are destroying the sanctity of heterosexual marriage when (for example) half of all marriages in the UK end in divorce. It just strikes me that straight people have been doing their best to destroy it for a few generations already.

Mercurial

And yet no jurisdiction that allows marriage between more than two people allows marriage between two people of the same sex.