Frances Fitzgerald had advance notice of McCabe strategy

Emily Davison

Well done Alan Kelly who has been doing everything to get to the truth.

cricket

Fitzgerald is definitely in the dock. Varadkar may claim he was repeating info given to him.
On Clare Boylan shortly.

ellie08

This is explosive stuff

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017/1120/921573-leo-varadkar-frances-fitzgerald/

Alan Kelly has been chasing this and been fobbed off for weeks but the truth has come out tonight.

Embarrassing for Leo and surely a resignation matter for Fitzgerald

About bloody time. I thought it was Fitzgerald that informed the Garda commissioner what she had been told by McCabe and the whistleblowers, or did I dream that up? Im sure I read that last year sometime.

im axeled

Fitzgerald is definitely in the dock. Varadkar may claim he was repeating info given to him.
On Clare Boylan shortly.
perhaps he knew of the truth, but the 5m pr machine provided the answers he gave

carlovian

Has to resign.

Didn’t she answer questions on this last week ?

Anyone got her answer then ?

D

Deleted member 17573

Can't say I have ever understood the fuss about the legal strategy. Surely it is perfectly valid, indeed essential for completeness, that any such investigation should include a thorough questioning of the motivation and credibility of witnesses?

Munnkeyman

So, snared. Christ, this is amateur hour in the Dáil. The stink alone from the questions in the Dáil belied the end result.

This really, really is amateur stuff.

Emily Davison

I wonder was she given a briefing on the legal strategy. Did she not ask why this was the strategy. Did she have to sign off approval for it.

No doubt Alan Kelly is formulating such questions.

gleeful

Can't say I have ever understood the fuss about the legal strategy. Surely it is perfectly valid, indeed essential for completeness, that any such investigation should include a thorough questioning of the motivation and credibility of witnesses?
Lied to the Dail though. Time to go.

Emily Davison

Why was she moved from justice, is it possibly because of her skeletons there.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I wonder was she given a briefing on the legal strategy. Did she not ask why this was the strategy. Did she have to sign off approval for it.

No doubt Alan Kelly is formulating such questions.
My reading of the story is that she was made aware of the strategy after the fact, not beforehand. The issue seems to be that it was claimed that she didn't learn of the fact (after the fact) until a year later than she actually did.

Emily Davison

My reading of the story is that she was made aware of the strategy after the fact, not beforehand. The issue seems to be that it was claimed that she didn't learn of the fact (after the fact) until a year later than she actually did.

Well if they were telling porkies on the latter bit who knows what else was going on. It's like the entire state apparatus against one simple honest man.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies