• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Frank Dunlop "Going to Prison" - Mail on Sunday.

Frank Connolly has this story in this morning's MoS, Frank Dunlop has apparently done a deal with CAB, in exchange for co-operation with them he is being treated as a co-operative witness in relation to the corrupt zoning of Carrickmines on behalf of its owners (including Jim Kennedy and Liam Lawlor) and will do a jail sentence for it, albeit a more lenient one. He will be granted the indulgence of being allowed to receive his Masters in Law from Trinity this month, then will be arrested and brought before the District Court. CAB's leniency towards Dunlop is predicated on his enabling them to freeze and pursue the Carrickmines land, they are treating his 'road to Damascus conversion' in April 2000 as genuine. Those of us who have followed the Quarryvale saga in detail beg to differ, it is obvious he is still covering for politicians who received payments, and for the developers who paid them. Nonetheless, it makes sense in the case of Carrickmines only to treat his evidence as genuine, which is what CAB have done. CAB's apparent motivation is to 'sterilise' Dunlop as a witness, they believe that prison time will make him a more credible witness in the actions to follow. CAB can not use tribunal evidence in such actions, but can obviously go after the same relevant information themselves, as they did with Ray Burke.

No link for the Mail on Sunday, I'm afraid.

H.R. Haldeman

Well he deserves jail time but he also deserves leniency for his co-operation (which has been complete and decisive as far as I can tell). A few months I think would be acceptable for the public to have seen justice in its holistic sense done.

But if he is doing porridge, it is only right that many more people should too. He was a glorified bag man - those who called the shots need to do much stiffer time. Whatever a bank robber gets, they should get that too. Many years.

But who is the ultimate target, given that Lawlor is dead and Kennedy outside of reach?
I'd say it's the money they're after. The land is frozen, if they get the go-ahead from the Courts they can sell it themselves, and the Exchequer gets the proceeds. Solicitor Stephen Caldwell, whose evidence before the Tribunal in relationship to the actual ownership was bizarre and contradictory, is another witness who will be in CAB's interview list.

Well he deserves jail time but he also deserves leniency for his co-operation (which has been complete and decisive as far as I can tell). A few months I think would be acceptable for the public to have seen justice in its holistic sense done.

But if he is doing porridge, it is only right that many more people should too. He was a glorified bag man - those who called the shots need to do much stiffer time. Whatever a bank robber gets, they should get that too. Many years.
Correct that he was just the gopher for the big boys, but his co-operation with the Tribunal has been far from complete (diaries altered or disfigured AFTER his so-called conversion, hundreds of thousands unaccounted for, lapses of memory bordering on dementia, developers and senior politicians 'completely innocent' of knowledge of his activities, etc. etc.). His co-operation with CAB in relation to Carrickmines should not be taken as a pre-cursor to co-operation in relation to other issues, particularly Quarryvale.

can anyone confirm whether or not he is one of those who owned land on the Tara motorway project ? Ive heard this a few times but am unable to get any confirmation as to whether or not its true .
He was apparently once involved with land that was near one of the possible routes, but doesn't have an involvment with land on the actual route as is.

Fianna Fail and Dunlop-linked land deal 5km from Hill of Tara under scrutiny - Indymedia Ireland

Tara Landowners will reap the benefits of the M3 Highway The Tara Foundation

constitutionus

you know im surprised this story hasnt got more attention. should be interesting to see how it pans out. CAB is indeed the most likely candidate to put the preasure on with those up to their neck in this stuff as their remit of only needing to have sufficient believe ala the special criminal court to convict sorts out the "i won it on the horses " ********************e.

could be fun times ahead. as mentioned he'd only be treated like this if there was some big scalps to be got. :)

yehbut_nobut

Ì have to ask - are these claims based on fact, or speculation? Or on a cleverly placed leak?
I'd hate to think of any potential case against him being predjudiced and hence thrown out of court based on media reporting that the man is guilty and therefore "going to prison".

merle haggard

sadly in this country its not beyond the realms of possibility the Mr Bigs have thrown a little fish to the dogs to keep them happy for appearances sake , while promising the little fish hell be looked after. Somebody has to go down . That may be a ccynical view but in this country its not an altogether wild supposition .

sadly in this country its not beyond the realms of possibility the Mr Bigs have thrown a little fish to the dogs to keep them happy for appearances sake , while promising the little fish hell be looked after. Somebody has to go down . That may be a ccynical view but in this country its not an altogether wild supposition .
Any of us on this site who have followed the minutiae of Dunlop and O'Callaghan's evidence before the Tribunal will tell you categorically that Dunlop is lying, is covering for O'Callaghan and for senior politicians. For example, O'Callaghan in 94 (I think autumn) wired 25K to Dunlop in a hurry, Dunlop couldn't wait. Dunlop then went to Powers Hotel (a favoured haunt of TDs and Ministers) and the money disappeared. Dunlop can't remember what the money was for, and O'Callaghan hasn't the slightest notion. Funny thing, memory...

Dunlop is willing to hand up small fry idiots like county councillors and hapless nobody developers such as Jim Butler, but the big boys, the O'Callaghans and Aherns, well they were entirely innocent of course, nothing to see there. The Tribunal knows he is a liar and perjurer still. But the question remains, why? Why is he protecting some but not others? And I can only think of two reasons, one involving motorway bridge foundations, the other involving money...

powderfinger

Any of us on this site who have followed the minutiae of Dunlop and O'Callaghan's evidence before the Tribunal will tell you categorically that Dunlop is lying, is covering for O'Callaghan and for senior politicians. For example, O'Callaghan in 94 (I think autumn) wired 25K to Dunlop in a hurry, Dunlop couldn't wait. Dunlop then went to Powers Hotel (a favoured haunt of TDs and Ministers) and the money disappeared. Dunlop can't remember what the money was for, and O'Callaghan hasn't the slightest notion. Funny thing, memory...

Dunlop is willing to hand up small fry idiots like county councillors and hapless nobody developers such as Jim Butler, but the big boys, the O'Callaghans and Aherns, well they were entirely innocent of course, nothing to see there. The Tribunal knows he is a liar and perjurer still. But the question remains, why? Why is he protecting some but not others? And I can only think of two reasons, one involving motorway bridge foundations, the other involving money...
Toxic.I think that express transfer of 25k took place on September 17 1993.Great post btw.Frankie's choice.

SPN

can anyone confirm whether or not he is one of those who owned land on the Tara motorway project ? Ive heard this a few times but am unable to get any confirmation as to whether or not its true .
ls this the land that delayed the completion of the M50 because the access to it had to go through Carrickmines Castle?