• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Frank Feighan to wear a poppy in the Dail?

MariaMcN

Pathetic little attention seeking stunt by one of the many servile dunderheads that make up our political class.

SideysGhost

Do you ever think that we will get to that degree of maturity where we will no longer care about such things?
Not for as long as a very vocal infantile minority continue to pine for Mutha and refuse to accept the existence of Irish sovereignty, no.

amsterdemmetje

Do you ever think that we will get to that degree of maturity where we will no longer care about such things?
By the looks of it no, I came on here earlier to see what was going on, but switched of in despair at the amount of repetitive bolixolgy in the threads.

stopdoingstuff

Not for as long as a very vocal infantile minority continue to pine for Mutha and refuse to accept the existence of Irish sovereignty, no.
The whole thing- flags, symbols, the outrage at stuff that happened almost a century ago- is retarded. I wish there was some sort of special mad room where people could go, some sort of holodeck-like place where people can get it all out of their systems, and then go back to the real world. I see the whole thing as being this big raging horn that won't go away, and I just wish there was some sort of intellectual/political equivalent to a hooker, so that everyone could just blow their load and then get back to talking about jobs, the environment and how to be nice to each other.

stopdoingstuff

By the looks of it no, I came on here earlier to see what was going on, but switched of in despair at the amount of repetitive bolixolgy in the threads.
You know that people could be thinking about how to just get over it and move on? I mean, that actually is one way to deal with the past. We could all have a big meeting and say, "wasn't that awful? all those poor Irish fellas getting shot in that war....isn't war really dumb and shouldn't we know better than to be politicizing something so tragic and from so long ago? how about we all stop being eejits and treat conflicting historical viewpoints the same way as most people treat religious differences - basically either ignore it or refuse to give it any more consequence than it deserves, given its lack of relevance to daily life in the 21st century?" Because let's face it- who really gives an f-you-see-k anymore?

Stasia

Commemorate This!

The navel gazing of these insular little Rumpelstilzchens always surprises with its capacity for backward and inward looking repetition ad nauseam.
Commemorate this:
List of countries NOT invaded by Britain ( ... not yet ... )

Andorra
Belarus
Bolivia
Burundi
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo, Republic of
Guatemala
Ivory Coast
Kyrgyzstan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Mali
Marshall Islands
Monaco
Mongolia
Paraguay
Sao Tome and Principe
Sweden
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Vatican City

Source:
British have invaded nine out of ten countries - so look out Luxembourg - Telegraph

Now, that's what I call "outward-looking"!

S

simeongrimes

Ther is a fairly tiny minority who want to wear the poppy and an even tinier minority who have a problem with it. You'd wonder why it's such a big deal every year.

I commend any FG TD who is willing to remember a time when somebody somewhere stood up to th Germans.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
commemorate this:
list of countries not invaded by britain ( ... Not yet ... )

andorra
belarus
bolivia
burundi
central african republic
chad
congo, republic of
guatemala
ivory coast
kyrgyzstan
liechtenstein
luxembourg
mali
marshall islands
monaco
mongolia
paraguay
sao tome and principe
sweden
tajikistan
uzbekistan
vatican city

source:
british have invaded nine out of ten countries - so look out luxembourg - telegraph

now, that's what i call "outward-looking"!
"...

now, that's what I call 'outward-looking'"

QED

derryman

For all I care he can wear the sash and bowler hat. But I see some of us hear seem to think that wearing a poppy or easter lily is some sign of maturity or the opposite. I would pose the question "does the commemmoration and by such the glorification of those who died while carrying and using weapons of death and destruction really represent a maturing in the human Psyche" I think not.

daveL

Don't care if someone does wear a poppy; don't quite understand why someone would though.

tirnacrann

Ther is a fairly tiny minority who want to wear the poppy and an even tinier minority who have a problem with it. You'd wonder why it's such a big deal every year.

I commend any FG TD who is willing to remember a time when somebody somewhere stood up to th Germans.
But he is also remembering the fallen the black and tans , well done frank at least it distracts from what you really are an abject failure as a td

tirnacrann

Time to move on buddy, time to stop living in the backwoods and and walking around bent with the weight of chips on your shoulder dude.

Step in to the light ,pal, and shake off the shackles of inferiority.
Feighan is a bit like yourself biffo , a failure

turdsl

Fair play to Frank, anything is worth a try. However, he will not fool the Roscommon electorate a second time.

Niall996

Something incredibly creepy about Irish people wearing poppies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies