Frank Stagg

http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in free state history.
My question is to the free staters of this site, are you embarrassed by your governments actions in the handling of frank staggs death?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's dirty provo scum, a criminal, a terrorist......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.

Trefor said:
Saw his grave in Ballina cemetry this Easter.
Must get down myself some of these days.

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
the hatchetman said:

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in free state history.
My question is to the free staters of this site, are you embarrassed by your governments actions in the handling of frank staggs death?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's dirty provo scum, a criminal, a terrorist......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.
Get the name of the country right and it might be worth a debate. The Free State ceased to exist well before 1975. I am sick of whiny residents of the UK who wish they were part of the Republic, but didn't fight hard enough, misnaming the country I live in. (see we can all do that) They now want us to make up for their own short comings as freedom fighters.

You will find that there were a number of atrocities committed during the Civil War (when there really was a Free State) which were significantly more disgraceful and embarrassing than this one by a magnitude of 100.

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:

Rich OC said:
[quote="the hatchetman":33fqt7fd]http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

Get the name of the country right and it might be worth a debate. The Free State ceased to exist well before 1975. I am sick of whiny residents of the UK who wish they were part of the Republic, but didn't fight hard enough, misnaming the country I live in. (see we can all do that) They now want us to make up for their own short comings as freedom fighters.

You will find that there were a number of atrocities committed during the Civil War (when there really was a Free State) which were significantly more disgraceful and embarrassing than this one by a magnitude of 100.

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:[/quote:33fqt7fd]

Yes i know about your war crimes, answer the question at hand will you

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
the hatchetman said:
[quote="Rich OC":1zks5hfa][quote="the hatchetman":1zks5hfa]http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:[/quote:1zks5hfa]

Yes i know about your war crimes, answer the question at hand will you[/quote:1zks5hfa]I did.

Rich OC said:
[quote="the hatchetman":1ailoit8][quote="Rich OC":1ailoit8][quote="the hatchetman":1ailoit8]http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:[/quote:1ailoit8]

Yes i know about your war crimes, answer the question at hand will you[/quote:1ailoit8]I did.[/quote:1ailoit8]

Typical 'free stater'

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
the hatchetman said:
[quote="Rich OC":32zdgyty][quote="the hatchetman":32zdgyty][quote="Rich OC":32zdgyty][quote="the hatchetman":32zdgyty]http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:[/quote:32zdgyty]

Yes i know about your war crimes, answer the question at hand will you[/quote:32zdgyty]I did.[/quote:32zdgyty]

Typical 'free stater'[/quote:32zdgyty] As opposed to occupied asshole

Rich OC said:
[quote="the hatchetman":9v17w7sw][quote="Rich OC":9v17w7sw][quote="the hatchetman":9v17w7sw][quote="Rich OC":9v17w7sw][quote="the hatchetman":9v17w7sw]http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:[/quote:9v17w7sw]

Yes i know about your war crimes, answer the question at hand will you[/quote:9v17w7sw]I did.[/quote:9v17w7sw]

Typical 'free stater'[/quote:9v17w7sw] As opposed to occupied asshole[/quote:9v17w7sw]

I'm just highlighting the government assembly which is in power in the 26 counties and showing people the hypocrisy,the crimes and **** you jack were're ok, attitude taken by them.
PLunkett,emmet pearse would turn in their graves if they could see yous now.

SHAME SHAME

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
the hatchetman said:
[quote="Rich OC":36rcv3n5][quote="the hatchetman":36rcv3n5][quote="Rich OC":36rcv3n5][quote="the hatchetman":36rcv3n5][quote="Rich OC":36rcv3n5][quote="the hatchetman":36rcv3n5]http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Frank_Stagg

Now be a good little surrender monkey and learn the proper name of the 26 county portion of this Island. :twisted:[/quote:36rcv3n5]

Yes i know about your war crimes, answer the question at hand will you[/quote:36rcv3n5]I did.[/quote:36rcv3n5]

Typical 'free stater'[/quote:36rcv3n5] As opposed to occupied asshole[/quote:36rcv3n5]

I'm just highlighting the government assembly which is in power in the 26 counties and showing people the hypocrisy,the crimes and **** you jack were're ok, attitude taken by them.
PLunkett,emmet pearse would turn in their graves if they could see yous now.

SHAME SHAME[/quote:36rcv3n5]
Ah the real truth - were not worthy to be called Irish unless we subscribe to a particular view of the world. The truth is that while distasteful, there have been significantly more serious actions taken by successive Free State Governments, and Governments of the Republic of Ireland. The treatment of people in the Health System, the Stardust Tragedy, failing to properly investigate the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings, the list is endless.

It is distasteful, but nothing in comparison to the issues I have outlined above. BTW I agree with you totally that there is "hypocrisy, ..crimes, and an F U jack". But you insult me every time you use the phrase "free state" or "free stater". You insult me and then expect me to be happy about it. The aforementioned Patriots would also turn in their graves when they hear one Irishman or Irishwoman questioning the Irishness of another, something you do to me every time you call me a "freestater".

Conuil

the hatchetman said:

Volunteer. Frank Stagg IRA;

Was one of 22 brave Irish POWs' who died opposing the badge of criminality, pinned on them. By the London and surprisingly Dublin governments....

As such, their memories should be honoured by every Irish citizen who believes in FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND PEACE .

Frank's dying wish was to be buried beside his friend and comrade, Oglach. Micheal Gaughan. His wishes should've been respected, though thanks to the IRA; they were fulfilled.....

This was without the backing of his brother, Emmet Stagg. Who behaved disgracefully throughout Frank's incarceration, stalic, death and funeral...

Insider2007

Conuil said:
the hatchetman said:

Was one of 22 brave Irish POWs' who died opposing the badge of criminality, pinned on them. By the London and surprisingly Dublin governments....

As such, their memories should be honoured by every Irish citizen who believes in FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND PEACE .

Frank's dying wish was to be buried beside his friend and comrade, Oglach. Micheal Gaughan. His wishes should've been respected, though thanks to the IRA; they were fulfilled.....

This was without the backing of his brother, Emmet Stagg. Who behaved disgracefully throughout Frank's incarceration, stalic, death and funeral...
The ONLY people who behaved disgracefully were the scumbag republicans. I was in school shortly afterwards with one of Frank's nephews. You have NO IDEA for you baastards put that family through. Republican scumbags tried to vandalise family graves and tried to piiss and defacate on them. The family was traumatised by the fascist actions of republicans. The reason some of the family wanted an IRA funeral was because they were threatened and had to agree.

I remember that time all right. In primary school one of my classmate's fathers had a nervous breakdown after a bank robbery by the IRA in the bank he worked. One of the basstards responsible forced a shotgun into his mouth and threatened to blow his brains out, then find his wife and rape her. The headmaster's brother, a young guard about to get married, was shot dead by IRA scum. And in secondary school I had the guy sitting in front of me who had had faeces posted to his family, family graves defacated on, and his uncle's grave dug up.

Those who lived through that time, and seen the scum elements of republicanism in action, haven't forgotten. Just because the republican movement finally copped on to itself after decades and stopped murdering men, women and children, means that people are willing to give them a chance. It does not mean, and will never mean, that they have forgotten what we were all put through by murderers mascarading as republicans.

Conuil

Insider2007 said:
Conuil said:
the hatchetman said:

The ONLY people who behaved disgracefully were the scumbag republicans. I was in school shortly afterwards with one of Frank's nephews. You have NO IDEA for you baastards put that family through. Republican scumbags tried to vandalise family graves and tried to piiss and defacate on them. The family was traumatised by the fascist actions of republicans. The reason some of the family wanted an IRA funeral was because they were threatened and had to agree.

I remember that time all right. In primary school one of my classmate's fathers had a nervous breakdown after a bank robbery by the IRA in the bank he worked. One of the basstards responsible forced a shotgun into his mouth and threatened to blow his brains out, then find his wife and rape her. The headmaster's brother, a young guard about to get married, was shot dead by IRA scum. And in secondary school I had the guy sitting in front of me who had had faeces posted to his family, family graves defacated on, and his uncle's grave dug up.

Those who lived through that time, and seen the scum elements of republicanism in action, haven't forgotten. Just because the republican movement finally copped on to itself after decades and stopped murdering men, women and children, means that people are willing to give them a chance. It does not mean, and will never mean, that they have forgotten what we were all put through by murderers mascarading as republicans.
I REPEAT AGAIN - Frank's dying wish was to be buried beside his friend and comrade, Oglach. Micheal Gaughan. His wishes should've been respected and thanks to the IRA; they were fulfilled.....

I'm not a bastard...

Could U please provide evidence of the following;

'Republican scumbags tried to vandalise family graves and tried to piiss and defacate on them. The family was traumatised by the fascist actions of republicans. The reason some of the family wanted an IRA funeral was because they were threatened and had to agree'.

'In primary school one of my classmate's fathers had a nervous breakdown after a bank robbery by the IRA in the bank he worked. One of the basstards responsible forced a shotgun into his mouth and threatened to blow his brains out, then find his wife and rape her. The headmaster's brother, a young guard about to get married, was shot dead by IRA scum. And in secondary school I had the guy sitting in front of me who had had faeces posted to his family, family graves defacated on, and his uncle's grave dug up'.

Insider2007

Conuil said:
Insider2007 said:
Conuil said:
the hatchetman said:

I REPEAT AGAIN - Frank's dying wish was to be buried beside his friend and comrade, Oglach. Micheal Gaughan. His wishes should've been respected and thanks to the IRA; they were fulfilled.....

I'm not a bastard...

'Republican scumbags tried to vandalise family graves and tried to piiss and defacate on them. The family was traumatised by the fascist actions of republicans. The reason some of the family wanted an IRA funeral was because they were threatened and had to agree'.

'In primary school one of my classmate's fathers had a nervous breakdown after a bank robbery by the IRA in the bank he worked. One of the basstards responsible forced a shotgun into his mouth and threatened to blow his brains out, then find his wife and rape her. The headmaster's brother, a young guard about to get married, was shot dead by IRA scum. And in secondary school I had the guy sitting in front of me who had had faeces posted to his family, family graves defacated on, and his uncle's grave dug up'.
(a) I know from the victims of it. I was with a victim of it one day when they opened an envellope and found a card in it saying "your mother should should have aborted you, you British bastard. I hope you die of cancer." Nice thing to send a kid, eh! And that was one of the nicer ones.

(b) Cut the innocent crap. You lot devestated the Stagg, Hand and Monaghan families, and thousands of others.

Republicans like to play the victimhood card. You like to go on and on and on about rough things were for you. Your suffering was nothing compared to what you put your victims through; the gardaĆ­ you set to a boobytrapped house in Mountmellick, leaving one young guard blown to pieces and others maimed, without limbs and others left blind and deaf. It was nothing compared to the families who had to see their loved ones' limbs swept up with sweeping brushes after outrages like the Le Mon bombing, the blowing up of people remembering their war dead at Enniskillen.

Yes republicans suffered, and yes disgraceful things happened to them. But they did their own disgraceful acts throughout this island. Men, women and children were murdered. People left maimed. Republicans like to go on and on about their 'martyrs' but then expect everyone else to stay quiet about their victims. If you want to talk about the future of Irish republicanism, do. But if you want to go on and on about your victimhood, others can join in. And the crimes you committed far outweigh your victim status. If your victims complain, republicans are the first to demand that people move on, and not get stuck in the past. But republicans never shup up about their own past, never stop talking about their victims, and never stop demanding that crimes committed against them be investigated, while crimes they committed be forgotten.

If you want to start reexploring the past, Irish people will. They will tell the generations who did not live through the 1970s and 1980s what it was like to have gunmen maurading around the country, what it was like to watch the news and hear about the latest IRA murder, the latest IRA maiming, the latest Irish person forced to leave their own country under threat from republicans.

You make up your mind. Do you want to deal with the future or the past. If you want the past, then there is a hell of a lot many of the people on this site, and many first time voters, don't know about your organisation, the crimes it committed and the victims it created. And there are also a hell of a lot of people here and elsewhere who remember all too well what it was like.

Real victims have put up with republican self-righteous posing for too long. And if you think the past doesn't matter, ask yourself why even with Stormont up and running, hundreds of thousands of people in the election choose to elect anyone, even Jackie Healy Rae, rather that Shinners. The fact is that they have not forgotten what you and your associates put us all through. And they would prefer to vote for the devil than vote for a member of a party with your shameful past.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
Real victims have put up with republican self-righteous posing for too long.
You think you're a real victim because you say someone, **** knows who, sent you a card and also because you watched the news? Well that's just like surviving Auschwitz.

Jozer

Insider2007 said:
republicans never shup up about their own past, never stop talking about their victims, and never stop demanding that crimes committed against them be investigated, while crimes they committed be forgotten.
Slam dunk.

To bring this post back on topic. Going on what I know about the case the wishes of Frank Stagg himself schould have been respected, regardless of what the state, or indeed his own family felt about it, tough and all as they may be for some people to accept.

DublinDaze

Conuil said:

You seem to be confused (or drunk 2:47am). If he was in the IRA then he was indeed a criminal in the eyes of Ireland, a member of a terrorist organisation that killed over 2000 people.

How many women and children did this particular "brave" soldier kill?

Dublindaze

Two points, one of them a question

1. Judging by the linked article and when Stagg was arrested it is unlikely that he killed anybody now alone women and children.

2. What about men? Do men not count as casualties?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies