Frankeen - I know my seat is gone

Santos

Fat Frank is in the galway advertiser today saying he knows his seat is gone. He really represents the worst of FF. He cares about nothing but himself. He's obviously gonna retire and can't bear the fact that Crow (apparently his arch enemy even though they both represent ff) will probably take his seat.
So Fahey naturally doesn't care about the country but he doesn't care about his party either. A strong candidate for the most selfish representative in Ireland?

FakeViking

Forty gaffes playing the underdog! Maybe he wants to go full-time into the Property business now that his beloved NAMA is in place and he knows there are lots of bargains to be picked up for chump change.

Tea Party Patriot

Just look at our Dáil, how many of them in their on both sides of the house are career politicians. Don't tell me Frank is only one who will be putting himself first come an election. With the exception of one or two all the politicians will put their own seat first come an election.

flavirostris

If Fahey's seat is gone in a Zanu stronghold like Galway West, then God knows how many seats FF are going to save in Dublin

Santos

If Fahey's seat is gone in a Zanu stronghold like Galway West, then God knows how many seats FF are going to save in Dublin
From what I've heard from friends in Galway, it's more that he knows his seat is gone probably to his fellow FFer who he seemingly hates so it just boils down to Fahey fulfilling his petty pathetic stereotype.

flavirostris

From what I've heard from friends in Galway, it's more that he knows his seat is gone probably to his fellow FFer who he seemingly hates so it just boils down to Fahey fulfilling his petty pathetic stereotype.
So Galway West could still return 2 FF ( O'Cuiv & Crowe )?

corelli

wee slabber

As a constituent I can confirm Frankie's fears!

Maximus Cynicus

Will there be a Lost a(_) sea(t) scheme for this constituent?
:D

Just as a matter of interest, I think the headline also reflects a mistaken belief among some. It's not "my" seat -it's a seat representing the people of Galway "occupied" by Frankie at the moment. This ethos is especially prevalent in dynasty seats - not only is it "my" seat but it's "my family" seat. The sooner this idea is smashed throughout the land, the better

hammer

:D

Just as a matter of interest, I think the headline also reflects a mistaken belief among some. It's not "my" seat -it's a seat representing the people of Galway "occupied" by Frankie at the moment. This ethos is especially prevalent in dynasty seats - not only is it "my" seat but it's "my family" seat. The sooner this idea is smashed throughout the land, the better
Well said.

stanley

As a constituent I can confirm Frankie's fears!

Frank will retire before he is kicked out and seek a number with his old mate, Sean Mulryan of Ballymore, Frank will probably have a lot of dealings with Nama to keep himself busy and they will not be pleasant dealings.

controller

Frank will probably go back to his old teaching job. Now try to imagine Frank teaching ethics to your children......

TARZAN

He will always have his many oversees properties to fall back on. The Dail is only a means to an end for him as his ownership of houses all over county Galway is extensive.

FakeViking

Frank will probably go back to his old teaching job. Now try to imagine Frank teaching ethics to your children......
Nah, too much low hanging fruit to be gathered, the outcome of his Govt's policies via the likes of GE, Stepstone, Start, etc.

drjimryan2

'claddaghman' seeking the 'sympathy' vote......ah lads give poor frank a vote.........

wonder who he's getting his inspiration from?

Social Conscience

Don’t worry he will be joined by his ‘what way are we supposed to vote’ buddy Timmy Dooley in Clare as well. Perhaps they will team up again as a double act and do after dinner speeches on 'How We Fu*ked the Country & Got Away With It'

New Threads

Most Replies