Fred Cogley has passed on!

General Urko

I was very sad to see that Fred Cogley, who had been RTE's main Rugby broadcaster back in the day has passed on.
I met him once and it was obvious he was a very pleasant, decent person!
His grand daughter was of course injured in The Berkley Tradgedy!
In terms of his commentating style, he used to find a lot of very odd referee's decisions (and rugby is a game of opinion, especially when there was no TMO, well hey even with it) 'interesting'!

Fred Cogley, the 'voice of rugby', is laid to rest - Independent.ie

I said to a good mate of mine years ago, he used to always put me in mind of Kermit the frog with the mic and he said no, that's Jim Sherwin!petunia

Fred Cogley, RIP!

jpc

RIP one of the first sports presenters I remember.
The sheepskin jacket for the rugby matches.

JimmyFoley

I was very sad to see that Fred Cogley, who had been RTE's main Rugby broadcaster back in the day has passed on.
In terms of his commentating style, he used to find a lot of very odd referee's decisions (and rugby is a game of opinion, especially when there was no TMO, well hey even with it) 'interesting'!

I said to a good mate of mine years ago, he used to always put me in mind of Kermit the frog with the mic and he said no, that's Jim Sherwin!petunia

Fred Cogley, RIP!
In other news, Germany is now unified.

Analyzer

May he RIP. I can remember as a kid - when I was too naive to understand "bread & circuses".

He must hold a record of longevity in PRAVDA-rte.

milipod

Should this not be in the history forum?

Mushroom

Last edited:

General Urko

He was only burried yesterday and I hadn't heard of his sad passing.

General Urko

May he RIP. I can remember as a kid - when I was too naive to understand "bread & circuses".

He must hold a record of longevity in PRAVDA-rte.
I'd say that's Michael ó Muirceartaigh!

The Herren

Fred Cogley, RIP!

He was just another human being who died . how many others died on the same day and we hear nothing about them Were they lesser people? Respect him by all means but he was just another human being - no better no worse.

The Herren

Maybe the OP is just trying to piss of the PUL community by posting RIP comments
Those ******************************s are running out of issues with the living now they are digging up the dead.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies