• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Freddie Starr arrested

Portadown madman

Entertainer Freddie Starr has been arrested in the police inquiry into sex abuse claims against Jimmy Savile.

Mr Starr, from Warwickshire, was arrested by Operation Yewtree officers on suspicion of sexual offences and has been taken into police custody locally.

He has denied claims he groped a 14-year-old girl in a BBC dressing room.

Meanwhile, an independent review into BBC Newsnight's dropping of a programme about the allegations against Savile will report later this month.

Operation Yewtree is a Scotland Yard criminal inquiry into sexual abuse claims.

The Metropolitan Police said officers arrested a man in his 60s, from Warwickshire, at 17:45 GMT in connection with the

investigation.

Whose next??

BBC News - Freddie Starr arrested in Jimmy Savile abuse inquiry

Iphonista

Right old nest of them, wasn't there?

BBC 1970s.....

*speculating wildly and libellously*

Portadown madman

I think we could be in for a few surprises...

Early morning knocks on the door will have a few sweating.

flavirostris

OMG... who is next. Was 70's/80's TV a hotbed of paedos?

Rural

The biggest lie is using the word "entertainer" alongside the name Freddie Starr.

stoichkov

the hamster story is actually totally untrue.

The biggest lie is using the word "entertainer" alongside the name Freddie Starr.
i used to enjoy the routine he did at one or two fa cup finals in the 1980s, when he would walk around the perimeter of the wembley stadium pitch dressed as a nazi.

Rural

i used to enjoy the routine he did during the fa cup finals in the 1970s, when he would walk around the perimeter of the wembley stadium pitch dressed as a nazi.
Sounds hilarious.:rolleyes:

flavirostris

I'm thinking back over all those Saturday shows like Runaround, Tiswas, Swap Shop, Crackerjack. They seem tainted now

Angler

And the media who put the idiot on as pedestal; "Freedie Starr ate my hamster"
He probably has the attention span of a hamster as well , It'd be a tough job interviewing that loon , possibly injurious to your own mental well being .

sgtharper

i used to enjoy the routine he did at one or two fa cup finals in the 1980s, when he would walk around the perimeter of the wembley stadium pitch dressed as a nazi.
Yeah, try that now and some 19 year -old, spotty, humourless herbert at the Daily Mail would claim you were a feckin' nazi and demand that you apologise for giving "offence" to a load of people he doesn't know and who couldn't in fact, give a flying f*ck.
Funny old world, innit?.