Free masks would sharply reduce Covid-19 viral transmission risks on public transport after lockdowns end

Watcher2

Those of us with glasses can now officially laugh at the rest of you eagle eyed people.

(My only problem with free masks is that I fear it would exacerbate a phenomenon I already see becoming a problem, which is people throwing used masks on the street or leaving them in supermarket trolleys. So much for protection against infection.)
i wear glasses too, all the time....except for looking at screens.

Watcher2

Rasher Hash,
You've posted a link to a far right conspiracy website reporting out out of date, misleading and ultimately false information about hydroxychloroquine and think that you can convince anyone other that other daft conspiracy theorists? :ROFLMAO:
Consider this: weeks before Trump even heard of hydroxychloroquine it's possible uses was being studied elsewhere.
Chinese researchers were looking at it in early February.
French researchers were also studying the drug's efficacy very early. Researchers ended their interest in the drug in May because it was ineffective.
Do you really believe Chinese and French scientists would have abandoned their research if it was proving effective?
You need to grow up and start getting real here and stop posting nonsense from conspiracy theory websites.
The site carries a very prominent warning about posting COVID 19 misinformation and you are in breach of it by posting utter shite.
People have already died because of Trump's stupid endorsements.

5G something something, flat earth, bill gates

raetsel

It is merely reporting from a survey of 6,227 doctors.

If its a dead horse why are so many doctors saying hydroxychloroquine has been deemed the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus?
That report is from almost four months ago and was based upon GPs observations, or more correctly what they thought they saw. The drug has now been tested in clinical conditions in numerous countries in the world and the verdict does not support its use.
Your first report says 'No Study Results Posted on ClinicalTrials.gov for this Study'.
That link was provided to prove that the drug was being tested for efficacy in China long before Trump had heard of it and started yabbering about it, as if he had discovered it all by himself as his thick supporters seem to believe.

Your third talks of the positive effects of the drug: '
Hydroxychloroquine can reduce inflammation, pain, and swelling, and is widely used to treat rheumatic diseases. It is also used as an anti-malarial drug. Lab tests showed promising results, but accumulating trial and observational evidence has called into question whether there are any meaningful clinical benefits for patients with covid-19.----------------------------Your evidence shows small tests as inconclusive but shows that hydroxychloroquine is a useful drug that is included in Chinese guidelines on how best to manage the disease, and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency use authorization to allow the drug to be provided to certain hospitalized patients.
Did you miss this bit right at the beginning?

"A randomised clinical trial from China also published today shows that hospitalised patients with mild to moderate persistent covid-19 who received hydroxychloroquine did not clear the virus more quickly than those receiving standard care. Adverse events were higher in those who received hydroxychloroquine.
Taken together, the results do not support routine use of hydroxychloroquine for patients with covid-19."

None of this substatiates your lazy claim that use of the drug is a conspiracy.
The laziness is all yours. I clearly never said that the drug was a conspiracy.
I said that the suggestion (conspiracy theory) that scientists were suppressing the drug's effectiveness in order to harm Trump's election prospects was nuts.

raetsel

Those of us with glasses can now officially laugh at the rest of you eagle eyed people.

(My only problem with free masks is that I fear it would exacerbate a phenomenon I already see becoming a problem, which is people throwing used masks on the street or leaving them in supermarket trolleys. So much for protection against infection.)
I prefer to wear glasses (varifocals) in shops but with masks they steam up.
I haven't seen any masks discarded on the street yet. I'd guess that some people are using them more than once, at around 70p each.

RasherHash

That report is from almost four months ago and was based upon GPs observations, or more correctly what they thought they saw. The drug has now been tested in clinical conditions in numerous countries in the world and the verdict does not support its use.

That link was provided to prove that the drug was being tested for efficacy in China long before Trump had heard of it and started yabbering about it, as if he had discovered it all by himself as his thick supporters seem to believe.

"A randomised clinical trial from China also published today shows that hospitalised patients with mild to moderate persistent covid-19 who received hydroxychloroquine did not clear the virus more quickly than those receiving standard care. Adverse events were higher in those who received hydroxychloroquine.
Taken together, the results do not support routine use of hydroxychloroquine for patients with covid-19."

I said that the suggestion (conspiracy theory) that scientists were suppressing the drug's effectiveness in order to harm Trump's election prospects was nuts.
I don't know what you're on about, you haven't provided anything conclusive on hydroxychloroquine, your last report was the best and it is balanced between the drug being good for treating some symptoms and being inconclusive on others.

You've proven it's probably the best treatment for some of the symptoms and some patients there is currently.

None of that is a conspiracy. You lads love shouting conspiracy, you are willing fools for the CIA etc who want to discredit their opponents by using it.

raetsel

I don't know what you're on about, you haven't provided anything conclusive on hydroxychloroquine, your last report was the best and it is balanced between the drug being good for treating some symptoms and being inconclusive on others.

You've proven it's probably the best treatment for some of the symptoms and some patients there is currently.

None of that is a conspiracy. You lads love shouting conspiracy, you are willing fools for the CIA etc who want to discredit their opponents by using it.
It is cheap and widely available.
If it was an effective treatment, why has it been dismissed by scientists around the world and is considered to be more capable of harm than good?
Use your loaf for once. :)

RasherHash

It is cheap and widely available.
If it was an effective treatment, why has it been dismissed by scientists around the world and is considered to be more capable of harm than good?
Use your loaf for once. :)
You use your loaf for once and stop soaking up every piece of nonsense the establishment tell you to believe.

It hasn't been dismissed by the 6,277 Doctors in that survey.

Why do you only believe establishment compliant scientists, do you really at this stage believe FFG politicians actually give a flying fk about you or your kids?

raetsel

You use your loaf for once and stop soaking up every piece of nonsense the establishment tell you to believe.

Why do you only believe establishment compliant scientists, do you really at this stage believe FFG politicians actually give a flying fk about you or your kids?
Now you've sunk to making value judgements about the scientists whose opinions you don't like despite the fact that they are doing the research objectively in fully monitored, and controlled trials.
When I start believing that highly intelligent scientific researchers at Oxford faked the results of recent large scale testing of hydroxychloroquine, because they are insane lefties who want people in America to die in order to bring Trump down, I'll come to stay with you at St. Patrick's........................................
There's very little more I can say to you.
One of the world's largest studies - the Recovery trial run by Oxford University - has involved 11,000 patients with coronavirus in hospitals across the UK and included testing hydroxychloroquine's effectiveness against the disease, along with other potential treatments.

It concluded that "there is no beneficial effect of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised with Covid-19" and the drug has now been pulled from the trial.

RasherHash

Now you've sunk to making value judgements about the scientists whose opinions you don't like despite the fact that they are doing the research objectively in fully monitored, and controlled trials.
When I start believing that highly intelligent scientific researchers at Oxford faked the results of recent large scale testing of hydroxychloroquine, because they are insane lefties who want people in America to die in order to bring Trump down, I'll come to stay with you at St. Patrick's........................................
There's very little more I can say to you.
Are you going to pretend some scientists are not used by politicians as fig-leaves for their policies?

However, there's no clear evidence on this and the jury is very much out as to its effectiveness in the early stages of infection.

There are in fact overall more than 200 trials currently underway around the world on its impact either as a prophylactic or treatment for Covid-19.
I wouldn't believe the BBC, they are liars and usually used by politicians to relay their propaganda.

raetsel

Are you going to pretend some scientists are not used by politicians as fig-leaves for their policies?

I wouldn't believe the BBC, they are liars and usually used by politicians to relay their propaganda.
You're beyond help, and I've reached the end of the road.

Watcher2

The conspiracy theory conspiracy. Typical, isn’t it. Very childish. “let’s not debate the issue, just throw claims of conspiracy theory about”. Dint you just love Trump supporters. Everything go is fake.

Watcher2

I prefer to wear glasses (varifocals) in shops but with masks they steam up.
I haven't seen any masks discarded on the street yet. I'd guess that some people are using them more than once, at around 70p each.
pull the mask up as far as you can on your nose and your glasses as far down as is comfortable. I have the same problem and it works pretty well. Not 100%. I hear cleaning them with soapy water helps to prevent fog. I haven’t tried it yet.

Watcher2

it looks like you did not read all of his post. It might be helpful if you read to the end.

Watcher2

no, no conspiracy.

snigger

RasherHash

pull the mask up as far as you can on your nose and your glasses as far down as is comfortable. I have the same problem and it works pretty well. Not 100%. I hear cleaning them with soapy water helps to prevent fog. I haven’t tried it yet.
Heard a report today that your breath being directed up into your eyes is increasing the risk of infection through the eyes which is a main route for the virus.

greencharade

Then there is this

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom