Free Travel

Aristodemus

I see the rules have been revised meaning free travel has been extended from 4 year old children to 5 year old children.
How has this been enforced up until now? In fact, how will this be enforced going forward? Is anyone accompanying a young child actually asked to produce identification for a large child that may look, say, 6 years of age?

Jack O Neill

I see the rules have been revised meaning free travel has been extended from 4 year old children to 5 year old children.
How has this been enforced up until now? In fact, how will this be enforced going forward? Is anyone accompanying a young child actually asked to produce identification for a large child that may look, say, 6 years of age?
I have contacted the president and urged him to call the council of state together today , this needs to be looked into urgently

'orebel

Don't know.
Don't know.
No.

Iusedmename

When I took the bus, it would be that most children on it were regulars on that route and would be recognised by the drivers. I'd say it's mostly based on trusting the parent, the driver likely doesn't care all that much.

locke

That 6 or 7 year olds may inadvertently get free travel isn't really that much of an issue in the overall scheme of free travel. Not when you compare it to the inability to take passes off those responsible for antisocial behaviour on transport, that we create a deterrent to work by taking it away from someone who takes a low-paid job, or the fact that it is a benefit that only applies to the 60% of the population that has access to decent public transport.

Fix the important things first

tipofdiceberg

Ends Kenny gets free travel. Does he need to show his pass?

Gin Soaked

That 6 or 7 year olds may inadvertently get free travel isn't really that much of an issue in the overall scheme of free travel. Not when you compare it to the inability to take passes off those responsible for antisocial behaviour on transport, that we create a deterrent to work by taking it away from someone who takes a low-paid job, or the fact that it is a benefit that only applies to the 60% of the population that has access to decent public transport.

Fix the important things first
Also tax saver tickets are brilliant, but require a salaried role to be accessed. Kinda poor people apartheid.

Chavs who are disruptive on buses when travelling at the expense of the taxpayer... ? Very common. We should have stocks or some other humiliation for them. Personally, I'd let Dublin bus act as judge and jury on this and charge people to pelt fruit.

I took the bus for years, hence the slightly right wing approach.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies