Freedom under attack?

RasherHash

David Irving claims fresh support

“History evolves. The truth about the Holocaust is gradually coming out. And this is thanks to the internet. It’s how this new generation finds me. There’s a general belief among people out there that they are being misled. The people I’ve called the traditional enemy [Irving’s term for Jews (the Guardian hack wrote this, he's lying)] are very worried about this phenomenon. They don’t have a handle on it...

“I am part of the remedy. It’s not just that I’m selling huge amounts of books around the world. One of the big changes of the last two years is the amount I’m getting in donations.

“It used to be small amounts, and they still come in, but people are now giving me very large sums indeed – five-figure sums. I now drive a Rolls-Royce. A beautiful car. Though money is completely unimportant to me.” :)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/15/david-irving-youtube-inspiring-holocaust-deniers

RasherHash

Fear and censorship in Germany

It is also indicative of the cowardice and risk-aversion of sections of the German middle class. Censoring Bachmann reflects the middle class’s lack of faith in ordinary people’s ability to judge and challenge his opinions in open debate. Ultimately, it expresses their lack of faith in open debate, and our ability, as a society, to sort truth from untruth through free encounter. This is tragedy, because the best protection for the minorities Bachmann rants about is free and open discourse.

Lutz Bachmann has exploited this mood of cowardice. Despite being one of the most obnoxious individuals Germany has seen for a while, he has proven himself to be unusually media-savvy and adept at exploiting the double standards of German society. He appeared in court wearing strange, rectangle sunglasses, mimicking the black bars printed over people’s eyes in newspaper reports in order to obscure their identity. He called them ‘censorship glasses’, in an attempt to mock the court and the incitement law.

Bachmann, of course, is no free-speech activist. Like German liberals, he would also censor views he didn’t like given half the chance. But it is Volksverhetzung that has allowed him to pose as a freedom fighter. Let’s scrap it.

Fear and censorship in Germany | Europe | Free speech | Germany | Immigration | spiked

roc_

Rolls Royces? Five figure sums?

No doubt coming from some of the countries on the middle east list here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_imprints_of_The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

Point is, the phenomenon of the exaltation of the like of scumbags like Irving in the internet age is at a polar opposite to anything like freedom of expression, or quest for meaningful truth and enlightenment.

The resurgence of recognisable narratives from those protocols and elsewhere, promoted by the likes of irving and rash is the real threat to freedom.

roc_

No doubt with a chauffeur to drive you and a nanny to pay attention to your child so that you can devote your undivided 24/7 attention to trawling sites like p.ie, politicaloirish.com, and searching for videos about obscure converts from Judaism to pre Vatican 2 Catholicism etc. Ladies out to lunch rather than ladies who lunch is probably the phrase we're looking for here.

GDPR

No doubt with a chauffeur to drive you and a nanny to pay attention to your child so that you can devote your undivided 24/7 attention to trawling sites like p.ie, politicaloirish.com, and searching for videos about obscure converts from Judaism to pre Vatican 2 Catholicism etc. Ladies out to lunch rather than ladies who lunch is probably the phrase we're looking for here.
Oh roc_ I'm glad that you have taken off ignore. No I don't have a chauffeur, I do have a nanny though who is a tremendous character and who I count among my friends, I met her in St Stephen's Green, we got chatting and I offered her the job. She is thinking about converting to Catholicism now which really thrills me. Most of my socializing is with women I know from the young mothers group in our Parish though the Parish Priest has expelled from it as he sees little old me as a "dangerous influence", they are nearly all working class and very down to earth. I have become addicted though to Politics.ie which is a bad thing- the thing is that besides all the trash there are people of real quality on here and I would include you amongst them (and Rashers too of course). However addictions are bad and I really should try and get myself banned however I'm not particularly good at being nasty.

roc_

... I have become addicted though to Politics.ie ...
People with 250,000+ to spend on a second car don't get addicted to feckin' Politics.ie. Having that kind of money opens up a lot more opportunities to a person than sordid engagement with 'online communities' like p.ie has! So I would have to say at a wild, wild guess you have no experience with having that kind of wealth. And are parish priests, male I presume, now muscling in on Cuidiu's territory, running 'young mothers' groups?! You must think I came down in the last shower. LOL.

GDPR

People with 250,000+ to spend on a second car don't get addicted to feckin' Politics.ie. Having that kind of money opens up a lot more opportunities to a person than sordid engagement with 'online communities' like p.ie has! So I would have to say at a wild, wild guess you have no experience with having that kind of wealth. And are parish priests, male I presume, now muscling in on Cuidiu's territory, running 'young mothers' groups?! You must think I came down in the last shower. LOL.
Oh grow up would you. You know I'm for real and you miss me when I'm gone.

RasherHash

Rolls Royces? Five figure sums?

No doubt coming from some of the countries on the middle east list here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_imprints_of_The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

Point is, the phenomenon of the exaltation of the like of scumbags like Irving in the internet age is at a polar opposite to anything like freedom of expression, or quest for meaningful truth and enlightenment.

The resurgence of recognisable narratives from those protocols and elsewhere, promoted by the likes of irving and rash is the real threat to freedom.
And yet only zionazis like you talk about the protocols or have antisemitic memes.

Maybe you're the only real antisemite here :confused:

RasherHash

Australia’s oldest human-rights organisation is giving its annual free-speech award to a vocal opponent of free speech, who has presided over the persecution of university students and cartoonists alike.

Liberty Victoria is awarding the 2017 Voltaire Award to Gillian Triggs, the outgoing president of the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC). Triggs is being honoured for her supposedly ‘courageous stand on people’s rights, especially free speech’.

As even casual observers of Australian politics will know, Triggs has actively supported laws that infringe on freedom of speech. She even recently lamented the inability to control what people say in the privacy of their own home, telling a fundraising dinner: ‘Sadly, you can say what you like around the kitchen table at home.’

As head of the AHRC – a government body responsible for ‘leading the promotion and protection of human rights in Australia’ – Triggs has a duty to stand up for all human rights, including free speech. However, during her tenure, the AHRC has not only failed to defend free speech – it has presided over some of the most egregious attacks on free speech in Australia’s recent history.

The denigration of the Voltaire Award | Australia | spiked

Who is John Galt?

Dressing up your 'incitement to hate' as 'Art' doesn't absolve you from the consequences. Seems fair to me.

If I mock up a picture of Rasherhash making sweet love with a Labrador can I call it 'Art' and distribute it? Of course not.
It would be very embarrassing for the Labrador.

roc_

What a horrible, sinister little man.

I was somewhat disappointed there was no footage of Atzmon's well deserved good hard kick up the behind.

Speaking of which - tell me this, Rasherhash, noble crusader for persecuted hate-mongers. - Would you also defend on thread after thread the "right" to so called "freedom of speech" of other sinister characters, whose message is not about alleged Jewish and Zionist conspiracies, say like Tom O' Carroll - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophilia:_The_Radical_Case

Explain why not if you protest that you would not do the same for him as you do for the likes of little sh1ts like Atzmon.

Last edited:

GDPR

I was somewhat disappointed there was no footage of Atzmon's well deserved good hard kick up the behind.

Speaking of which - tell me this, Rasherhash, noble crusader for persecuted hate-mongers. - Would you also defend on thread after thread the "right" to so called "freedom of speech" of other sinister characters, whose message is not about alleged Jewish and Zionist conspiracies, say like Tom O' Carroll - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophilia:_The_Radical_Case

Explain why not if you protest that you would not do the same for him as you do for the likes of little sh1ts like Atzmon.
Gilad Atzmon is actually incredibly tall! Whatever he maybe he certainly isn't little!

Look you have ex-Irish Catholics regularly vomiting out all sorts of hatred and violent fantasies against Gaelic Christendom on here and no one- quite rightly so- suggests that they should be subjected to mindless thuggery for doing so. Gilhad Atzmon makes a lot more measured criticisms of the traditions that he grew up with (he gives off an energy of love and not hate- and don't understand why you label him a hate monger). You are like the scum who labelled Susan Mc Kay a hate monger.

roc_

Gilad Atzmon is actually incredibly tall! Whatever he maybe he certainly isn't little!

Look you have ex-Irish Catholics regularly vomiting out all sorts of hatred and violent fantasies against Gaelic Christendom on here and no one- quite rightly so- suggests that they should be subjected to mindless thuggery for doing so. Gilhad Atzmon makes a lot more measured criticisms of the traditions that he grew up with (he gives off an energy of love and not hate- and don't understand why you label him a hate monger). You are like the scum who labelled Susan Mc Kay a hate monger.
You're a waste of space with your continual spurious and stupid assertions. - A little selection of Atzmon's "wisdom":

• Auschwitz was not a death camp
  • The accusations of Jews making matzo out of young Goyim’s blood, may be true.
  • The Jews caused the recent credit crunch, the Zio-punch.
  • If Iran and Israel fight a nuclear war that kills millions of people, some may be bold enough to argue that ‘Hitler might have been right after all.’
  • The new Jewish religion ... could well be the most sinister religion known to man...
  • I cannot say whether it’s right or not to burn down a synagogue. I can say that it is a rational act.
  • Israel is in fact far worse than Nazi Germany.
  • We must begin to take the accusation that the Jewish people are trying to control the world very seriously, and with Fagin and Shylock in mind, Israeli barbarism and organ trafficking seem to be just other events in an endless hellish continuum...

RasherHash

I'll leave you to defend your pedophiles, I have enough to do.

RasherHash

Comedy is great for breaching barriers to free speech, but in reality do comedians really tailor their set in order not to be too offensive? I think they do, anyway here are two comedians who like to think they breach all etiquette having a chat...

[video=youtube;ZJdVL2O7Nok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJdVL2O7Nok[/video]

RasherHash

A young couple from Brittany, France could never have imagined the breton name they'd chosen for their newborn would create such a judicial firestorm. The use of the name "Fañch" was banned in September by a tribunal in Quimper stating that the letter "ñ" was incompatible with French law. A decision that has prompted the Regional Council of Brittany to petition the Minister of Justice of France to allow the name.

https://www.breizh-amerika.com/blog/a-breton-name-ruled-to-be-illegal-in-france

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies