Freemasons

badinage

coconut said:
harmless, I wouldn't say so. Commonly documentaries which claim to go after the truth only scrape the surface, for example Fahrenheit 9/11.
Why don't you fill us all in on their hidden evilness?

badinage

emmet100 said:
I think we can all agree the mason are creepy.
I don't agree with that. I've never seen anything that indicates they are "creepy"

jjacollins

Did any of you know that America, the Great Republic was founded by Freemasons. George Washington and several others who signed the delaration of Independence were Freemasons.

That's why freemasonic symbols appear on the one dollar Bill.

Since Wolfe Tone was so intrigued by America and France at the time, I wonder was he a freemason???

jmcc

jjacollins said:
Did any of you know that America, the Great Republic was founded by Freemasons. George Washington and several others who signed the delaration of Independence were Freemasons.
And even the time at which the new president takes his office is masonic. Actually most of the signatories were masons.

Since Wolfe Tone was so intrigued by America and France at the time, I wonder was he a freemason?
It is possible.

Regards...jmcc

Carrier

Website
www.newrepublicanforum.ie

jmcc

Carrier said:
Cheers. Their discription of what they do is so stunningly vague. I think I'll have to pop along to a meeting.
And if they don't take you, there is always the illuminati. :)

Regards...jmcc

coconut

mbari hogun said:
So how does one join? After you endure the Paddling of the Swollen Ass (With Paddles), they just give you your ring and belt-buckle and you're in?
No of course not. You're forgetting Crossing The Desert. Number One will have your head.

Carrier

Website
jmcc said:
Carrier said:
Cheers. Their discription of what they do is so stunningly vague. I think I'll have to pop along to a meeting.

Regards...jmcc
Freemasons are respectable citizens who are taught to respect and conform to the moral laws of society and to abide by the laws of the country or state in which they reside. They are men of charity and good works who strive to support those less fortunate than themselves both inside and outside the order.

Come on, I'm a ****in shoe-in.

jmcc

Carrier said:
jmcc said:
Carrier said:
Freemasons are respectable citizens who are taught to respect and conform to the moral laws of society and to abide by the laws of the country or state in which they reside. They are men of charity and good works who strive to support those less fortunate than themselves both inside and outside the order.

Come on, I'm a ******* shoe-in.
Guess you can tear up that application for the illuminati then. :) World domination has a slightly different set of requirements.

Regards...jmcc

Maeve

mbari hogun said:
So how does one join?
You have to know a Mason to become a Mason. And then they vote on whether or not to accept you. They use small black and white balls in the secret vote--one "no" (black ball) and that's the end of it. (I was in the Masonic group for teen girls here in the States, the Rainbow Girls. Silly stuff done pretentiously, for the most part)

Carrier

Website
Maeve said:
mbari hogun said:
So how does one join?
You have to know a Mason to become a Mason. And then they vote on whether or not to accept you. They use small black and white balls in the secret vote--one "no" (black ball) and that's the end of it. (I was in the Masonic group for teen girls here in the States, the Rainbow Girls. Silly stuff done pretentiously, for the most part)
You don't need to know someone to get into the Irish Masons, you can just email a guy who tells you to pop along to an interview. If you're kosher you're in!

St Disibod

I think the Free Masons bacame a dodgy business and political organisation in much the same way as golf clubs. Lots of shady dealings going on, but there are still people just there beacause they like golf.

Certainly the clientalism should be shunned, and a lot of the membership are strange to say the least. But the three most senior masons I ever knew were upstanding gentlemen whom I hold in the highest respect.

Two of them featured in that Would You Believe Documentary already alluded to.

I think they have just been too often hijacked by special interests, as many institutions have been.

Maeve

Carrier said:
You don't need to know someone to get into the Irish Masons, you can just email a guy who tells you to pop along to an interview. If you're kosher you're in!
Ah, what's the fun it THAT?? There's no exclusivity at all, and the fun is in being elite! :wink:

St Disibod

Carrier said:
Indeed, the regional differences are extremely important. While the Irish and British Masons only allow deists to enter, many of the continental Masons have atheism as a must. I don't quite understand it myslef. It's probably explained when you reach a certain grade.

Don't expect anyone to tell you the answer though, they'll have their tongue cut out and will be buried to their necks in sand or some such jazz.

Before getting carried away on the conspiracy bandwagon, it's probably worth mentioning that many men joined the Masons as an insurance policy. Back when education was not free, if you died the masons educated the children.

My aunt and uncle will assure you, that was a mixed blessing.

As far as I know they still fulfill that pledge, but they no longer run their own schools. Your given a choice of three or something.

FFrCRAP

Website
www.ucd.ie
Indyjoe said:
The freemasons are loonies.
Not as bad as the Orange order though...
I wouldn't say they're loonies, rather men with too much time on their hands..

The Catholic Church forbids its members to join, even though it supports the equally secretive and (in my view) more loony Opus Dei.. :roll:

I wouldn't join them :!:

The OD

jjacollins said:
I'd advise anyone interested either for or against the Freemasons to read a fantastic book called The Hiram Key by Robert Lomas.

It tells how Freemasonary started with the Knights Templars and maybe even earlier.

It really gives an insight into our own history too, you will start to understand why Paisley calls the Pope the anti Christ.

There's some extremely interesting bits about Newgrange.

Its all in there.
Interesting book all right, but unfortunately, a lot of it is in the vein of 'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail', meaning you have to take on faith on a lot of what is being said. Having said that, it is fascinating some of the claims made and a lot of what is said does have some logic behind it.

As to the Freemasons? Its so hard to know the truth of them due to the layers of myth surrounding them but I do know that any grown man who likes to be blind folded whilst holding a knife with one trouser leg rolled up is definitely not the full shilling!

I say we dig out the Malleus Maleficarum and if they are up to nefariousness - BURN 'EM!

They probably do do some shady deals which affect all of us and its interesting how close their offices are to the Dail - just around the corner.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies