Freemasons

Smashey

Website
www.freewebs.com
Lads,

Theres an awful lot of shite being spread about here, too much time spent watching the Simpsons methinks. Why don't you just go to the Masonic HQ on Molesworth St and ask for some info or a tour, they'll more than likely oblige unless you start off with some crazy accusations. Also there is a major importance in the lodges between each country and amny immitation lodges sprung up across the world advocating all kinds of crazy stuff and giving a movement that they'd no ties to a bad name.

Its more or less just a fraternal society where talk of religion & politics is actually banned but one that promotes social involvement and acts of charity. But then again Desmond is a master of balanced argument.

The OD

Smashey said:
Lads,

Theres an awful lot of s**** being spread about here, too much time spent watching the Simpsons methinks. Why don't you just go to the Masonic HQ on Molesworth St and ask for some info or a tour, they'll more than likely oblige unless you start off with some crazy accusations. Also there is a major importance in the lodges between each country and amny immitation lodges sprung up across the world advocating all kinds of crazy stuff and giving a movement that they'd no ties to a bad name.

Its more or less just a fraternal society where talk of religion & politics is actually banned but one that promotes social involvement and acts of charity. But then again Desmond is a master of balanced argument.
To be fair, they do a lot of work for the Alzheimers association of Ireland - but maybe thats because so many of them (perhaps being politicans!!!) seem to have faulty memories themselves. :lol:

Seriously though, as I said, there is so much crapola about them, they could be nicest people in the world but we will probably never know?

And yes, Desmond does seem ill dispossed to balanced posting all right - I dont think he has ever directly responded to a question. His form of 'dialogue' is akin to Adolf Hitlers Nuremberg screamfests - just keep shouting your point of view loudly and ignore any others.

He'll probably love the Hitler analogy too!

meriwether

I consider myself an expert on Masonic lodges, having read the "Da Vinchi code" on a beach in Thailand. If anyone has any queries about this org, feel free to direct your questions at me. And no, I wont reveal the location of the holy grail, before anyone asks. Thats a secret between me, Dan Brown and SF rep RockofCashel. (Oh yes indeed, ROC moves in very powerful circles indeed. Henry kissinger is his god-parent)

owenfeehan

meriwether said:
I consider myself an expert on Masonic lodges, having read the "Da Vinchi code" on a beach in Thailand. If anyone has any queries about this org, feel free to direct your questions at me. And no, I wont reveal the location of the holy grail, before anyone asks. Thats a secret between me, Dan Brown and SF rep RockofCashel. (Oh yes indeed, ROC moves in very powerful circles indeed. Henry kissinger is his god-parent)
:)

Desmond

Freemasonry has played no small part in history.

It plays no small part in how our "democratic" states are really run.

The head of the Irish Lodge is a Jew the last time I looked.

eurocrat

Desmond said:
:D Your so cool, dude.

Reminds me of your 'Pat Rabbite is allegedly Jewish himself!' quote. Pure gold.

Westbrit

The same questions could be asked for Skull & Bones or the Illuminati or some other society.
I'd have to disagree.

The main difference being that the masons have a physical and visible presence in Ireland ( Molewsworth street).

The Skull and Bones, while undoubtedly a powerful organisation in the US, has a negliglible direct effect in Ireland.

And as regards the Illuminati, I find it hard to discuss them when not even knowing if they truly exist, and fear descending into conspiracy theorist hogwash.

blue33

Smashey said:
Lads,

Theres an awful lot of s**** being spread about here, too much time spent watching the Simpsons methinks. Why don't you just go to the Masonic HQ on Molesworth St and ask for some info or a tour, they'll more than likely oblige unless you start off with some crazy accusations. Also there is a major importance in the lodges between each country and amny immitation lodges sprung up across the world advocating all kinds of crazy stuff and giving a movement that they'd no ties to a bad name.

I'm a Papist, i thought they didn't let my kind anywhere near them.

Now maybe the Knights of St. Columbanus.

Desmond said:
Freemasonry has played no small part in history.

It plays no small part in how our "democratic" states are really run.

Of course, if the freemasons are running the courts etc. and the parliament whats the point of democracy in the world at all, why don't a group of leaders of the freemasons just get together and just decide what everybody should do altogether, like the Catholic Church I suppose. Seriously though, the severe un-democracy of the Freemasons in world society needs to be sorted out...

hiker

Please forgive my ignorance but are they some kind of networking group? :oops:

jmcc

hiker said:
Please forgive my ignorance but are they some kind of networking group? :oops:
And the Nazis didn't like them. [1] ;)

Regards...jmcc
[1]ObRef: The Attack On PD HQ thread in the Progressive Democrats forum.

georgedillon

Many exemplary Irishmen were Free Masons. Henry Joy McCracken, the Sheares Brothers, The Emmet brothers. As to Tone, I strongly suspect he was, but I don't know.
Dan O'Connell was a Mason also, though he left it when the Catholic Church took a hard line against membership. Prior to that it was quite common to be a Mason and a Catholic, indeed at one time there was a lodge in Paris made up of Irish priests.
I suspect the role of Masonry in the '98 Rebellion deserves study, since you had Masons prominent on either side.
GD

jjacollins

The OD wrote Interesting book all right, but unfortunately, a lot of it is in the vein of 'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail', meaning you have to take on faith on a lot of what is being said. Having said that, it is fascinating some of the claims made and a lot of what is said does have some logic behind it.

As to the Freemasons? Its so hard to know the truth of them due to the layers of myth surrounding them but I do know that any grown man who likes to be blind folded whilst holding a knife with one trouser leg rolled up is definitely not the full shilling!

I say we dig out the Malleus Maleficarum and if they are up to nefariousness - BURN 'EM!

They probably do do some shady deals which affect all of us and its interesting how close their offices are to the Dail - just around the corner.

Have you read "The Key to the Hiram Key" by the same Authors??

Its along the same line to the Holy Blood and Holy Grail alright, but it goes so much deeper. Much better researched.

Check out the book on the secrets of the Dead sea scrolls too, adds greatly to the Hiram Key.

ruserious

Is there many members in Ireland? Who are these people? And what are they up to?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I heard there was a lodge in Clonmel.

firefly123

The entire male population of the PS are members. All the women are in the ICA which is the female version of the masons. It's a great club with many secrets and you will never find out what they are. Oooooh it's secretilicious!!

johnfás

ruserious said:
Is there many members in Ireland? Who are these people? And what are they up to?
I know quite a few masons. What are they up to? All sorts of things, some of them are retired, some of them are unemployed, some of them are shop keepers and farmers and others are businessmen.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies