• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

French Assembly Election

ruserious

Apparently En Marche is expecting a landslide. I don't care for Macron or his politics but his performance against Trump at NATO and the G7 was admirable.

Analyzer

Apparently En Marche is expecting a landslide. I don't care for Macron or his politics but his performance against Trump at NATO and the G7 was admirable.
He behaved like an idiot. What exactly did the handshake antics or spending much of the time talking with the only other French speaker present, Trudeau achieve ?

Apart for causing clueless morons to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

He has a more absurd personal complex than even Sarkozy.

Mick Mac

He behaved like an idiot. What exactly did the handshake antics or spending much of the time talking with the only other French speaker present, Trudeau achieve ?

It played to the gallery and the papers were full of how he was strong.

Trump still pulled out of Paris and pain is still in Ukraine.
Then Macron went in about making the planet great again which is the type of childish imitation of Trump that they love on Twitter.

Merkel is doing the same thing. I think that the EU 2 really do think they can go it alone for 4 or even 8 years.

Voted earlier. The place was quiet but it was at noon on a really hot day. Wife is supervising the early count locally.

It was playground stuff all round. You seem, though, to have formed very firm conclusions about him based on little to no evidence.

ruserious

Voted earlier. The place was quiet but it was at noon on a really hot day. Wife is supervising the early count locally.
As a matter of interest, would you normally travel on your French or Irish passport? Or just whichever comes to hand and as a naturalised French person, do you regard yourself now as French or would you still say Irish out of habit if asked your nationality?

As a matter of interest, would you normally travel on your French or Irish passport? Or just whichever comes to hand and as a naturalised French person, do you regard yourself now as French or would you still say Irish out of habit if asked your nationality?
I'm Irish. The reason for two passports is to have an overlap. I spend maybe three quarters of the year traveling. I use my passport on an almost daily basis, so can't afford to be without one. I used have two Irish passports.

The kids both have Irish passports. They're proudly French-Irish and speak basic Gaeilge taught to them by their French mother.

bokuden

Macron is a lying neo liberal weasel. Once the french find out he promised a load of reforms to steal a few percent off melenchon to get into the second round they will hammer him. But thats what you get for voting for a bilderberg banker.

Jack Walsh

Definition of Irony
A raving Trump supporter accusing a politician of having "an absurd personal complex"!

Clanrickard

Macron is a lying neo liberal weasel. Once the french find out he promised a load of reforms to steal a few percent off melenchon to get into the second round they will hammer him. But thats what you get for voting for a bilderberg banker.
That is just what France needs.

petaljam

Just been to vote, very quiet here too, much quieter than for the presidentials, despite the May bank holidays now being over.

Clanrickard

Why is this not in the Election 2017 section at the top?

petaljam

It is. Or it should be.

ETA: I've moved it now, I hadn't noticed it wasn't in the French GE forum.

Clanrickard

It is. Or it should be.

ETA: I've moved it now, I hadn't noticed it wasn't in the French GE forum.
Good man. Thanks. On a side note France will be our nearest EU neighbour and a country we need to get to know better.

Just been to vote, very quiet here too, much quieter than for the presidentials, despite the May bank holidays now being over.
Were they posting percentage turnout? Mine had turnout at 21%, but I've little comparative basis to assess. That. Dame Quirell is leaving shortly for her duties. She'll doubtless have a better view.

petaljam

Were they posting percentage turnout? Mine had turnout at 21%, but I've little comparative basis to assess. That. Dame Quirell is leaving shortly for her duties. She'll doubtless have a better view.
I didn't look, where would it be posted? I didn't see anything clearly visible anyway. Nor any of the other times.
As a rule, we tend to have quite a high turnout in this circumscription, but i don't know how that breaks down by individual polling stations.

stopdoingstuff

You are fooling no one with this Dame Quirell nonsense- same initials, Des. Just accept who you are and admit that you sometimes like to dress up. There is no judgement here.

I didn't look, where would it be posted? I didn't see anything clearly visible anyway. Nor any of the other times.
As a rule, we tend to have quite a high turnout in this circumscription, but i don't know how that breaks down by individual polling stations.
Maybe it's a local thing, but my station shows the percentage vote to date on hand written signs on the walls.

You are fooling no one with this Dame Quirell nonsense- same initials, Des. Just accept who you are and admit that you sometimes like to dress up. There is no judgement here.
I'm not trying to fool anyone whatever. It seems somewhat paranoid to think so.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies