• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

From Platonist Lawyer to Nihilistic Revolutionary; Franco "Giorgio" Freda, the "Nazi-Maoist".

GDPR

From Platonist Lawyer to Nihilistic Revolutionary; Franco "Giorgio" Freda, the "Nazi-Maoist".

When we look at the last "Troubles" in Ulster only two really fascinating, powerful personalities stand out in my opinion- those of the warrior poet Vol Bobby Sands M.P. who's young life tragically ended in a sacrificial death for his comrades in the H-Blocks and that of the disturbed and disturbing DUP militant George Seawright (I suppose you could also add Enoch Powell in a way but he always remained an outsider to Ulster and not an essential part of what was unfolding)- however when we turn to the Italian "Years of Lead" we encounter a good few to say the least expansive intellects and daemonically powerful souls on both the Left and the Right. Franco "Giorgio" Freda stands out to me as among the most (darkly) alluring of all of them. Starting as a Lawyer who was deeply concerned with Platonic metaphysics he became sucked into politics through defending a group of young Traditionalist Conservatives who had found themselves in trouble with the law for issuing a pamphlet questioning the philosophical basis of Democracy he became increasingly fascinated by the more destructive sides of the writings of the Italian Aristocrat and Dadaist painter Baron Juilus Evola during the course of the 1960s. Some of Freda's writings and speeches in the 1970s started to resemble parts of the infamous "Catechism of the Revolutionist" by Mihkail Bukunin and Sergius Nechyaev the 19 th century Nihilistic Russian Anarchists. This progression from Traditionalist Conservatism to Nihilism can to a degree be seen in Ernst Juenger's evolution during the 1920s though his Aristocratic reverse always prevented him from falling into the abyss that Giorgio Freda fell into.

https://openrevolt.info/2011/11/20/giorgio-freda-the-unclassifiable-revolutionary/

between the bridges

Insightful and thought provoking OP, it made moi thunk of this...

GDPR

Contrary to what the link in the OP tries to imply I believe that he most probably was involved in the Piazza Fontana bombing which of course I as much as any one else of good will would strongly disapprove.

Here is a website of translations of interesting secondary material and actual writings by Freda.

https://disintegrationofthesystem.wordpress.com/

ardsman

I think Freda was perhaps the better singer but Agnetha had the looks and the better arse...

Irish-Rationalist

When we look at the last "Troubles" in Ulster only two really fascinating, powerful personalities stand out in my opinion- those of the warrior poet Vol Bobby Sands M.P. who's young life tragically ended in a sacrificial death for his comrades in the H-Blocks and that of the disturbed and disturbing DUP militant George Seawright (I suppose you could also add Enoch Powell in a way but he always remained an outsider to Ulster and not an essential part of what was unfolding)- however when we turn to the Italian "Years of Lead" we encounter a good few to say the least expansive intellects and daemonically powerful souls on both the Left and the Right. Franco "Giorgio" Freda stands out to me as among the most (darkly) alluring of all of them. Starting as a Lawyer who was deeply concerned with Platonic metaphysics he became sucked into politics through defending a group of young Traditionalist Conservatives who had found themselves in trouble with the law for issuing a pamphlet questioning the philosophical basis of Democracy he became increasingly fascinated by the more destructive sides of the writings of the Italian Aristocrat and Dadaist painter Baron Juilus Evola during the course of the 1960s. Some of Freda's writings and speeches in the 1970s started to resemble parts of the infamous "Catechism of the Revolutionist" by Mihkail Bukunin and Sergius Nechyaev the 19 th century Nihilistic Russian Anarchists. This progression from Traditionalist Conservatism to Nihilism can to a degree be seen in Ernst Juenger's evolution during the 1920s though his Aristocratic reverse always prevented him from falling into the abyss that Giorgio Freda fell into.

https://openrevolt.info/2011/11/20/giorgio-freda-the-unclassifiable-revolutionary/
So essentially what you are saying is drink booze and f*** biatches?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies