Frontiline rises from the ashes! The Pat Kenny Tonight TV3 thread

automaticforthepeople

It has all the hallmarks of Frontline. Pat with a panel and takes the roving mike into the audience to speak to someone with experience of a problem.
All our old cliches made popular in similar shows make a welcome return "I didn't interrupt you so please don't interrupt me" "Make the rich pay more" "The squeezed middle cannot shoulder any more cuts".

Niall Collins, Pearse Doherty Damien English and Colm McCarthy off load their wisdom on the unsuspecting viewers while make up work overtime hiding Pat's wrinkles from the camera.

Afterwards Pat uses his bus pass to get home passing Vincent Browne in the corridor who has just used his to get into Ballymount.

TakeitAll

It has all the hallmarks of Frontline. Pat with a panel and takes the roving mike into the audience to speak to someone with experience of a problem.
All our old cliches made popular in similar shows make a welcome return "I didn't interrupt you so please

Afterwards Pat uses his bus pass to get home passing Vincent Browne in the corridor who has just used his to get into Ballymount.
I knew it looked similar, couldn't remember that programme was called Frontline. I like Pat, he knows his stuff. What is yer one Colette on there for? Seems a nice decent sort.but is it for gender quota that she is on it.

SayItAintSo

All our old cliches made popular in similar shows make a welcome return "I didn't interrupt you so please don't interrupt me" "Make the rich pay more" "The squeezed middle cannot shoulder any more cuts".

Niall Collins, Pearse Doherty Damien English and Colm McCarthy off load their wisdom on the unsuspecting viewers while make up work overtime hiding Pat's wrinkles from the camera.

Watched it till Late Debate came on at 10. Nothing new, quite boring I thought. There's room for a current affairs show like Question Time or Questions & Answers but this is another current affairs/tabloid á la Claire Byrne, pity.

spidermom

ShoutingIsLeadership

Was there any of this?

[video=youtube_share;gu6d0ns-JJU]http://youtu.be/gu6d0ns-JJU[/video]

ruserious

Was there any of this?

[video=youtube_share;gu6d0ns-JJU]http://youtu.be/gu6d0ns-JJU[/video]
In fairness to him, he made good points but it was sadly laughed away at the time because the cowardly audience didn't want to be seen as stepping out of line.

ShoutingIsLeadership

In fairness to him, he made good points but it was sadly laughed away at the time because the cowardly audience didn't want to be seen as stepping out of line.

They should have stripped Kenny naked...for the lols

Dub01

His first question to Pearse Doherty: about property taxes in the six counties, was exactly the same first question he asked Pearse Doherty on the frontline about five years ago.

Hibee

A lot of pre offended feminists moaning about 4 men on panel. Ffs I assume the parties all sent a rep and are there any female Economists ????

Last edited:

darkhorse

Like last time, all a bit dull when the focus is Pat kenny rather than the issues at hand
PK adds 0 excitement to the issues of the day

an innocent abroad

His first question to Pearse Doherty: about property taxes in the six counties, was exactly the same first question he asked Pearse Doherty on the frontline about five years ago.
WTF has N'Ireland got to do with us?

A panel of the usual suspects who would not have a clue about trying to live on the AIW with expenses to match their salaries...

Hoopshead

Lost all respect for PK since he jumped to Dinnytalk,listening to his interviews with FF/FG/LAB as opposed to SF/PBP or any left leaning Independents is like chalk and cheese,all he is now is a spokesperson for neoliberalism.

EUrJokingMeRight

Have you ever seen his hands close up?

:shock:

Just one of those moments you remember for some reason!!

LISTOWEL MAN

A lot of pre offended feminists moaning about 4 men on panel. Ffs I assume the parties all sent a rep and are there any female Economists ????
i remember one of the Pro Choice people getting angry and calling Alan Shatter an old man on the peoples debate with vinb

but if he called her young lady ..

imagine the tweets #Ageism #Sexism

New Threads

Most Replies