Frontline 29/11

SKELLY

Up for discussion will be the current national crisis over illegal cigarettes.

Economic experts Brian Hayes and Barry "humble" Andrews will give their reactions to the excellent deal Ireland got from the IMF/EU in which we will use our own money to bail ourselves out. Genius.

Later Richard Boyd Barret and Marc Coleman will go head to head in a fight to the death.
YouTube - Star Trek - Amok Time fight scene

Seriously tho, all of the above will be on.

king5494

Whats the fascination with cigarettes in RTE/Pravda are they on a different planet.

This Country

Philippe LeGrain is due to be on as well, as far as I know.

This cigarette talk seems a bit irrelevant in the scheme of things - Kenny should wind it up soon.

ManOfReason

Whats the fascination with cigarettes in RTE/Pravda are they on a different planet.
Its the grand 'ould Irish tradition of pandering to special interests over Joe Public.

newell666

It's a load of sh1te. RTE trying to conjure up something to distract from the treason that has been perpetrated on us.

Who fvcking cares about smuggled cigarettes when our State has been sold to foreigners by gombeens. Answer: RTE

I've no doubt there are parallels to be found in every failed State. History will show that.

newell666

By the way, am I still right in thinking that the plank Kenny is paid more per annum than Obama and Merkel, combined?

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
I think we need a four point plan to address the illegal cigarette issue:
1. A New Minister for Fags
2. A Social Partnership Sub-Committee to Cater for Hungarian Women in Landrovers
3. A Dáil Sub-Committee on the Carrolls factory
4. A Tribunal of Inquiry into Paddy from Clondalkin who sells Fags from the door.

Then, a change of government.

j26

2. A Social Partnership Sub-Committee to Cater for Hungarian Women in Landrovers
4. A Tribunal of Inquiry into Paddy from Clondalkin who sells Fags from the door.

Don't forget a new Authority, with a clatter of directors.

sport02

The American analyst on the promo gives Irish banks six more months before they are in more trouble, someone needs to shake the shoulders of B.Lenihan and stop him putting our piggy bank "pension reserves" into the banks.

j26

The American analyst on the promo gives Irish banks six more months before they are in more trouble, someone needs to shake the shoulders of B.Lenihan and stop him putting our piggy bank "pension reserves" into the banks.
There's so much evidence out there that the government is on the wrong path, I'm finding it hard to believe that it's merely incompetence at this stage.

newell666

I agree, in general, with your approach however I think it's vital that we employ at least one firm of consultants to advise us. We need to spread the blame as far as possible.

sport02

There's so much evidence out there that the government is on the wrong path, I'm finding it hard to believe that it's merely incompetence at this stage.
Don't say that to B.Lenihan, all you will hear "I don't accept that"

Dub guy

Barry Andrews was made look a fool by Philippe LeGrain.. he basically told him he was talking rubbish :lol:

dublin 40

Brian Hayes ? another expert on economics?????? where the ************************ are we getting these people??? God help us

Super8

I really dislike Andrews. He is disconnected and quite deliberately aloof. He always displays his discomfort with being questioned on behalf of the electorate.

dublin 40

Hayes just said FG will not burn the bondholders.Youn think he was in government now, he wont answer a straight question

hiding behind a poster

Brian Hayes ? another expert on economics?????? where the ************************ are we getting these people??? God help us
Elected by the people - and making good arguments, I might add.

H.R. Haldeman

Atrocious stuff from Hayes. It is disgusting that even now none of these idiots get it that people just want some bloody truth. Pretending we can now burn bondholders. He knows it's total crap but he simply won't come out and say it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies