• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

FSA in UK - Findus Beef Lasenge is 100% Horse meat!

SKELLY

Just now on CHL4 news the FSA has released a statement saying that from tests of Findus Beef Lasenge were 100% made of horse meat!

more to follow

Testing of Findus beef lasagne has revealed some of the ready meals were made entirely from horsemeat.

Findus tested 18 of its beef lasagne products which found 11 meals containing 60% to 100% horse meat, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) said.
Consumers who have purchased the ready meals - produced by French food supplier Comigel on behalf of Findus - have been warned not to eat them and return them to the shop they were bought from.
http://news.sky.com/story/1049133/findus-beef-lasagne-meals-100-percent-horsemeat

B

Boggle

Why would anybody buy Findus food? Anything I ever tasted of theirs tasted like moist sand.

He3

Have they checked the Fish Fingers?

Bea C

It'd make you consider next time pedigree chum is on offer?

stopdoingstuff

On the upside, the odds on the British team of taking gold in the 100m hurdles have just shortened.

SKELLY

Not contaminated with any beef so. 100% pure.
100% thoroughbred!

Posters will note that Horsemeat is generally used as a filler for dog food.

So one can suspect that certain manufacturers where in the process of cost cutting with pedigree chum!

firefly123

100% thoroughbred!

So one can suspect that certain manufacturers where in the process of cost cutting with pedigree chum!
On the upside your coat will be glossy and you'll have a lovely wet nose!

Mr. Bumble

100% thoroughbred!

I've just finished an M&S beef casserole. True.

tigerben

A good name for a horse Findus, I'd have no beef in backing a horse named that in the grand national!

EvotingMachine0197

FFS lads, with all the bureaucratic standards and inspectors we have all over Europe, does anyone ever inspect any fecking thing. If not, what do they do all day?

Mr. Bumble

A good name for a horse Findus, I'd have no beef in backing a horse named that in the grand national!
Perhaps Findus should their name to Findthebeef.

Northtipp

Findus. Eh! Makes you wonder did they sponsor beef or salmon?

Ok, ok, I will stop.

bonkers

On the upside your coat will be glossy and you'll have a lovely wet nose!
I've had a longing for sugar lumps the last while.
Seriously though this is very bad. Can we trust what we're eating anymore? There has to be a huge overhaul of the whole processing industry.

Mr. Bumble

I've just finished an M&S beef casserole. True.
Mate worked for a company who made these, he described their standards and checks as unreal with M&S turning up with no notice to inspect lines and sometimes couple of times in same week, he still buys their meals because the standards were top notch. They also did surprise visit on suppliers to this company and had suppliers to producer dumped if anything suspect.