Funding for Tralee bypass needed for budget vote: JHR

gijoe

On Radio Kerry this morning JHR indicated (with no hint of the alleged sore throat that has kept him off the national media in recent days) that funding for the Tralee bypass (which is actually in North Kerry) will have to be in the budget as the price for his vote. He said that the Tralee bypass was vital infrastructure for the Paramadil project.

Glucose

The cute hoor is looking for a way out of voting for the budget and preserving his political dynasty through his equally cute son.

DCon

has Lowry named his price yet?

INDEPENDENT TD MICHAEL LOWRY has said he has yet to decide on whether he will vote in favour of the government’s Budget next month – and has said there is a serious danger that it will not be passed.

“Obviously Jackie Healy Rae’s and my support is now more crucial than it has been in the past,” Lowry said, “but in my mind all of the time is that the country is on the brink of losing its economic independence.”
Lowry ‘yet to decide’ on whether to support Budget · TheJournal.ie

FrankSpeaks

JHR is right about it being a vital piece of infrastructure, bypasses of Abbeyfeale, Newcastlewest and Adare are also badly needed.

stanley

Really do think it is time the AG laid some kind of blackmail charge in front of JHR and Lowry to put an end to their gombeenery, it happens too often.

grafter1

You have to hand it to JHR he's a great local TD but he sums up everything that is horrible about this s**thole of a country.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
JHR has now assured that there will not be an announcement about said bypass.
They can't be seen to give in. There are 7 independents and if they smell blood they will all move in for the kill.

If on the other hand JHR recieves no such assurance then goes and supports the budget anyway, well let's just say the election is coming. Wasn't there a Labour seat in KS before?

DCon

This is obviously the non-common use of the word "cute".

Is Michael Independent FF too, or will he change his colours to maximise the goodies he can bring home when he inherits the seat?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
JHR is right about it being a vital piece of infrastructure, bypasses of Abbeyfeale, Newcastlewest and Adare are also badly needed.
Adare is already by-passed, in fact it's bloody difficult to find way into the village, based on my experience last year.

We've had more than enough money put into our roads ion this country. What's left was not deemed to be a priority when we had money and we don't have money any more.

Ah Well

You have to hand it to JHR he's a great local TD but he sums up everything that is horrible about this s**thole of a country.
That's about it ... he's playing the game regardless of how unsavoury it is. The rest of them have/would done likewise. Parish pump rules in this place.

Clanrickard

On Radio Kerry this morning JHR indicated (with no hint of the alleged sore throat that has kept him off the national media in recent days) that funding for the Tralee bypass (which is actually in North Kerry) will have to be in the budget as the price for his vote. He said that the Tralee bypass was vital infrastructure for the Paramadil project.
JHR personifies everything that is wrong with politics in this country.

FrankSpeaks

Adare is already by-passed, in fact it's bloody difficult to find way into the village, based on my experience last year.

We've had more than enough money put into our roads ion this country. What's left was not deemed to be a priority when we had money and we don't have money any more.
Thats news to me, they must have taken the road up when I passed through it last week.

FakeViking

Up to your usual standards of accuracy.

Anyone know the death toll on this stretch of road in the past 5 years?

Kerrygold

Not sure what village you were in but it certainly wasn't Adare.

Confused again, eh Keith?:lol:

locke

A lot of the time not building a bypass was based on physical difficulties rather than need of the town. Macroom and New Ross being two that come to mind.

I wonder if JHR is taking an interest in roads linking to his constituency whether Macroom will come up on his priority list.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies