• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Future King backs the Orange Order

death or glory

After reading REF's obnoxious Op regarding islamist terrorists and protestants.
I was reading how Prince Charles thoroughly enjoyed a great day out at the Orange Heritage Museum in Loughgall and was met by the Most Worshipful Grand Master Edward Stevinson in full Orange regalia.
Prince of Wales visits museum of Orange heritage - Belfast Newsletter
So now this officially shows that the Orange Order has full royal Backing.

God Save Our Queen

drummed

Please repost in 'Foreign affairs' forum. This is a republic so we care none for some minor European royalist clan. None of our business who you pander to.

CastleRay

I don't think that can be claimed. The Monarchy recognises all cultures in the UK and is respectful to all citizens. That doesn't mean they give full backing to any specific organisation.

vivabrigada

I was reading how Prince Charles thoroughly enjoyed a great day out at the Orange Heritage Museum in Loughgall and was met by the Most Worshipful Grand Master Edward Stevinson in full Orange regalia.

God Save Our Queen
Tap Chuck got to walk his Ma's highway on the Garvaghy Road. You're Order never will.

death or glory

I don't think that can be claimed. The Monarchy recognises all cultures in the UK and is respectful to all citizens. That doesn't mean they give full backing to any specific organisation.
CR,
stop stealing my thunder and being so sensible.
Ps did you read REf's OP, absolutely ludicrous.

death or glory

death or glory

Is this the first time a UK monarch or future monarch has visited an orange facility?
Aiteal,
I honestly don't know but I think he enjoyed the day out and culture at the Orange Museum.

Strawberry

Does this Orange heritage museum have any exhibits dealing with the time the OO took part in a plot to disinherit the then Princess Victoria?

death or glory

Does this Orange heritage museum have any exhibits dealing with the time the OO took part in a plot to disinherit the then Princess Victoria?
Straw,
pride of place behind the banner of King Billy.

Strawberry

Straw,
pride of place behind the banner of King Billy.
Oh good. I work in a museum, and we have exhibits dealing with the OO. I always make sure to tell British visitors that part of their history when I'm giving them a guided tour.

death or glory

Oh good. I work in a museum, and we have exhibits dealing with the OO. I always make sure to tell British visitors that part of their history when I'm giving them a guided tour.
I know they do some great work promoting Ulster Scots in Donegal, so I do hope you are more unbiased than you are on here sometimes.

Dame_Enda

I didn't know William had visited them. Oh wait he hasn't. :p

aiteal

Aiteal,
I honestly don't know but I think he enjoyed the day out and culture at the Orange Museum.
You don't know? You think?
I'm curious why you're making a big deal of it if it wasn't his first visit to an orange facility.
I mean, the guy has, in the past dressed up in full regalia to give a speech to members of an Islamic Cultural centre about how wonderful he thought they were, he even became their patron.

He's only just got round to visiting his most loyal of loyal brethren now?
I can see why other posters call you Dog now, your wee tail is wagging cause your master has finally thrown you a bone.
Who's a good doggie, you are, yes you are.
Good doggie.

death or glory

I didn't know William had visited them. Oh wait he hasn't. :p
Oh wait,
second in line to the throne.

counting not your strong point.

Strawberry

Charles will in all likelihood never be king.
Charles will certainly be King unless his mother outlives him.

@Dog, no I'm not biased when I explain history to visitors, its this place that creates a them and us conversation out of everything.

death or glory

Charles will in all likelihood never be king.
Care to back that up with facts or links,
as we all know that officially Charles is first in line to the throne.
Deal with reality not fantasy.

tokkie

God Save Our Queen
Why wouldn't the Royals back the Orange order??

The Queen has already endorsed the IRA governing NI on her behalf, as evidenced by her handshake with McGuinness. It's only natural therefore, that the OO would get the seal of approval too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies