• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

G Adams for Taoiseach?

Cai

Both polls published (or leaked) today indicate a drop in support for government parties.

Both also indicate that FF are ahead of SF - but according to the Red C one at least not by much.

It's possible that FF could be a couple of points ahead of SF & still come in behind them in terms of seats - especially with so many Independent transfers likely to be around. And it's also quite possible that SF will overhaul FF before the next GE.

With a FF/SF/Ind government becoming a distinct possibility it is possible that Adams could be the leader of the largest party in government. Could he become Taoiseach, or could something similar to Richard Mulcahy withdrawing as leader of Fine Gael in 1948 happen. That was because Clann na Poblachta wouldn't join a government led by him?

Any thoughts?

R

Ramps

Adams as PM? No chance.

What is worth considering is will SF be part of a coalition govt? I'd say there is a fair (25-30% maybe) chance of that.

cillian32

Both polls published (or leaked) today indicate a drop in support for government parties.

Both also indicate that FF are ahead of SF - but according to the Red C one at least not by much.

It's possible that FF could be a couple of points ahead of SF & still come in behind them in terms of seats - especially with so many Independent transfers likely to be around. And it's also quite possible that SF will overhaul FF before the next GE.

With a FF/SF/Ind government becoming a distinct possibility it is possible that Adams could be the leader of the largest party in government. Could he become Taoiseach, or could something similar to Richard Mulcahy withdrawing as leader of Fine Gael in 1948 happen. That was because Clann na Poblachta wouldn't join a government led by him?

Any thoughts?
Any thoughts ......Yeah.....Its not going to happen! Mary lou or pearce.....OK A POSSIBILITY......Gerry cant see it.

tokkie

Any thoughts?
If he is elected Taoiseach in a general election, then so be it. That is democracy at work. The people have spoken.

The "beauty" or I suppose intricacy of our system is that you can never really know the outcome of any election.

Tough Paddy

Any thoughts?
Yeah! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ruserious

Will Ray D'Arcy need another plane ticket?

The Owl

I am still trying to figure out why he moved his political seat down here, so to speak. He is a very boring speaker, gets very little time, is rarely available for Dail debates, seems to know very little of Dail procedure and has turned from being a scary don'[t ever cross this man type into a man in a suit on the backbenches mumbling to an empty chamber. Nah, Mary Lour Mac is my favourite shinner. She is good. I've never voted SF and never would but she is very good.

Sierra

Greater chance of Micheál Martin being Taoiseach ahead of Gerry Adams, to be honest.

tokkie

Any thoughts ......Yeah.....Its not going to happen! Mary lou or pearce.....OK A POSSIBILITY......Gerry cant see it.
Adams does carry a lot of baggage that had the potential to turn people off the party. Personally, I think if Adams resigned and Doherty or Mary Lou took over, then you might see their popularity increasing.

The recent influx of SF TDs to the Dail have by and large been quite impressive. Doherty is highly articulate and obviously intelligent. Ditto, Mary Lou. MacLochlainn generally seems to come across as a reasonable and affable individual. Tobin is quiet but effective. O Snodaigh needs to be kept out of the public eye however.

Marcos the black

Hope so... One term of SF in charge and they would never get back in again....

ruserious

Adams does carry a lot of baggage that had the potential to turn people off the party. Personally, I think if Adams resigned and Doherty or Mary Lou took over, then you might see their popularity increasing.

The recent influx of SF TDs to the Dail have by and large been quite impressive. Doherty is highly articulate and obviously intelligent. Ditto, Mary Lou. MacLochlainn generally seems to come across as a reasonable and affable individual. Tobin is quiet but effective. O Snodaigh needs to be kept out of the public eye however.
Agreed. Keep Ferris out too.

Cai

Will Ray D'Arcy need another plane ticket?

The problem with this is that Adams does well in elections - he built a huge level of support in West Belfast, & did far better than Arthur Morgan in Louth.

Tough Paddy

I am still trying to figure out why he moved his political seat down here, so to speak. He is a very boring speaker, gets very little time, is rarely available for Dail debates, seems to know very little of Dail procedure and has turned from being a scary don'[t ever cross this man type into a man in a suit on the backbenches mumbling to an empty chamber. Nah, Mary Lour Mac is my favourite shinner. She is good. I've never voted SF and never would but she is very good.
Mary Lou McDonald is hopeless. All she has done in Dail Eireainn is steal Eamon Gilmore's clothes from the last Dail and position herself into doing the "Angry Gilmore" routine. Just like Gilmore was found out McDonald in time will be found out too.

Popular Threads

Most Replies