GAA row over Sinn Féin meeting in Donagh, Fermanagh

mangaire2

Ach didmumz tis just a pity the paper running with it tis a 'nationalist' paper! Obviously no wan is surprised but technically tis and was against the grab all assets rules...
nice to see that your goodself & your cara, the bowler hatted bigot from London ..... ahem .... Derry,
are so interested in the GAA & au fait with its rules & regulations.

ticketyboo

The gaa is an Irish Nationalist organisation and in Northern Ireland, Irish Nationalism is mainly represented by Sinn Fein. There's nothing surprises me in Sinn Fein and the GAA being cosy. What's the story here??
Probably that the maggot, being a keen GAA fan, resents it being exploited by SF, who I have a sneaky hunch he doesn't like....
I applaud him....nothing to do with the fact he's a sad hoor with nothing else to worry about....

death or glory

Good to see the GAARA keeping up its proud apolitical status.

Mickeymac

https://img.balls.ie/balls_ie/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvczMtZXUtd2VzdC0xLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb21cXFwvc3RvcmFnZS5wdWJsaXNoZXJwbHVzLmllXFxcL21lZGlhLmJhbGxzLmllXFxcL3VwbG9hZHNcXFwvMjAxNVxcXC8wOVxcXC8xMjE1MjQyNlxcXC9icml0aXNoLWFybXktZ2FhLmpwZ1wiLFwid2lkdGhcIjo2NDcsXCJoZWlnaHRcIjozNDAsXCJkZWZhdWx0XCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3d3dy5iYWxscy5pZVxcXC9hc3NldHNcXFwvaVxcXC9uby1pbWFnZS5wbmc_dj00XCJ9IiwiaGFzaCI6IjI2NmI0YzMyNDJhYzk5ZGNiN2ExNjg5N2JmZTViODMyZWQ1OTgwM2YifQ==/british

Who TF is that AH McS?

death or glory

Are you sure that no one really cares? Very many non-members of the GAA seem to care a great deal about what the GAA does and does not do.
Glensham,
are you talking about McSlaggart.

death or glory

Doggie....just for you.

Mickeymouth,
only in Trumpy numpty yankieland would they have a belly like that.

Has trump banned Muslims again???

Northsideman

GAA denies breaking rules by hosting Sinn Fein meeting - The Fermanagh Herald

A SF meeting in the clubhouse, followed by a candlelit vigil for Martin McGuinness.

The GAA is supposed top avoid Party Politics.

A rather lame response from the club that it wasn't a SF meeting, despite being advertised as such, and they were investigating information for grants - which begs the question as to why Sean Crowe was on the panel.

A reasonable point that the club is entitled to lease it's premises for meetings - so I'd have to say the Club wasn't breaking the rules.
I have seen this in Dublin where GAA premises were hired out for political meetings, not for SF but PBP, I don't like it and as a member of the GAA think it should not be allowed. The GAA should not be involved in any party politics. Maybe HQ at Croke Park need to clarify the position on this.

Breanainn

Would agree on the inappropriateness of a GAA clubhouse hosting a meeting for any political party - presume Donagh is a very small village, but still surprising if it didn't have a community hall.

Northsideman

Would agree on the inappropriateness of a GAA clubhouse hosting a meeting for any political party - presume Donagh is a very small village, but still surprising if it didn't have a community hall.
Maybe they could hire the nearest lodge hall:D

Northsideman

Further proof Doggie was never outta the sink estate.:lol::lol::lol: DUP House needs to withdraw the idiot asap.:lol:
Freedom of speech is always a good thing and when it engenders laughter all the more so.

Cruimh

I have seen this in Dublin where GAA premises were hired out for political meetings, not for SF but PBP, I don't like it and as a member of the GAA think it should not be allowed. The GAA should not be involved in any party politics. Maybe HQ at Croke Park need to clarify the position on this.
In this case they might have been able to say it was about purely community issues - except for the presence of Seán Crowe- who is after all a Dub. It isn't even as if they had used a TD from neighbouring counties such as Monaghan, Cavan, Leitrim or Donegal.

Mickeymac

In this case they might have been able to say it was about purely community issues - except for the presence of Seán Crowe- who is after all a Dub. It isn't even as if they had used a TD from neighbouring counties such as Monaghan, Cavan, Leitrim or Donegal.

Community issues?????

Any comment on the community in East Belfast who staged a party on BCC premises to "celebrate" the death of MMcG?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom