GAA shut gyms but open bars

raetsel

If asked to choose between a gym and a pub (a quiet one) purely based on the safety of the air supply it would be the pub every time. Any activity that promotes excessive breathing like exercise or singing is already well known to be fertile ground for spreading Covid 19.
Having said that I'm in no hurry back to the pub or to restaurants for that matter.
If pubs are serving outside on a nice day I might have a pint but that's about it.

Round tower

Knockmore = the Clubhouse pub or the church, (And neither of them have had a crowd in a long time)
I was in it once many moons ago, that used be open during the week even when their was no GAA on, did it not run into trouble that it was supposed to be members only and the one up the road ojected. That they were having non GAA functions it, is Dessie still running it i wonder.

bang bang

If asked to choose between a gym and a pub (a quiet one) purely based on the safety of the air supply it would be the pub every time. Any activity that promotes excessive breathing like exercise or singing is already well known to be fertile ground for spreading Covid 19.
Having said that I'm in no hurry back to the pub or to restaurants for that matter.
If pubs are serving outside on a nice day I might have a pint but that's about it.
I actually went for a couple on Saturday evening, a couple of pints and some deep fried brie in the beer garden.
Enjoyable, but will be much more so when this pandemic is finally over.

neiphin

I was in it once many moons ago, that used be open during the week even when their was no GAA on, did it not run into trouble that it was supposed to be members only and the one up the road ojected. That they were having non GAA functions it, is Dessie still running it i wonder.
The one up the road is gone for years (I think)

raetsel

I actually went for a couple on Saturday evening, a couple of pints and some deep fried brie in the beer garden.
Enjoyable, but will be much more so when this pandemic is finally over.
I'd happily have a drink outdoors. Already have had a few cups of coffee in cafes with pavement terraces.

culmore

Didn't hear of anyone getting the virus in a Gym yet, but plenty getting it and passing it on in the pubs.

GrimReefer

Perhaps the GAA can have a look at how gyms can open

I stayed in hotels after lock down with their gyms opened, and pools opened. If they can open, the GAA gyms can open too. I think the GAA just doesn't really feel responsibility to its commitments to members, and are guided by a paranoia based largely around face saving, fear of bad publicity and litigation.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom