• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gaelcon 2010 - whose going?

J

john moriarty

I haven't played anything for
nearly 10 years, although the
long awaited Duke Nukem is
getting me more than a bit
sentimentally excited.

Enjoy yourself :)

MichaelR

Wish I could, but just too much going on at work this year.

I've something to present on. Russia has a very strong LARP movement and I'd really like to try and entice daring Irishmen to organize, right here, the kind of big games we do there. What they call a LARP at Irish cons - a mere four hours with roles given out at the door - is not serious really. What we do takes months in preparation, and lasts anywhere from a day to a long weekend, sometimes more!

EDIT. For those not in the know: "LARP" means "Live Action Role Playing Game".

Last edited:

Catalpa

Wish I could, but just too much going on at work this year.

I've something to present on. Russia has a very strong LARP movement and I'd really like to try and entice daring Irishmen to organize, right here, the kind of big games we do there. What they call a LARP at Irish cons - a mere four hours with roles given out at the door - is not serious really. What we do takes months in preparation, and lasts anywhere from a day to a long weekend, sometimes more!

EDIT. For those not in the know: "LARP" means "Live Action Role Playing Game".
Sounds good!

If its on there today I will check it out.

MichaelR

Sounds good!

If its on there today I will check it out.
It's not - I suspected I would be unable to come (as unfortunately did happen) so I did not ask for it. However, I am hoping to be able to present on the topic next year.

(And will try to find some gamers in the Limerick area in the meantime).