Galileo satellites - worth it or not?

wexfordman

Google now seem to be hiding the fact that their cars will in fact be fitted with cameras but they haven't caught up with themselves yet -

This from the results page of a search on Google itself

Our cars use their sensors and software to sense objects like pedestrians, cyclists, vehicles and ... Lasers, radars and cameras detect objects in all directions ...

And yet if you clink on the link there is no mention of cameras! But others aren't quite so shy -

Ten cameras are used to detect information on the surroundings of the vehicle. The images are processed in real-time, together with information from the navigation system, to produce the necessary signals for steering and gas intake.

https://www.ptgrey.com/case-study/id/10393

So AV's will be running around looking out for objects not to bump into and those objects will of course include people. So it is safe to assume that the cars are programmed to recognise the shape of people from photos, it's not a huge step from there to recognise the actual individual given that a vast slice of the population has happily put their picture up on social media.
Will.you stop taking the bleeding obvious publicly.known facts and trying to display them as some sort of hidden agenda. Of course they use bloody cameras, and there is nothing they do to hide such an obvious fact, only a fool.would.try and disguise that, and a bigger fool would.try and create a conspiracy theory around it

wexfordman

You have no understanding of the industry.
Neither he nor FM do, and while they think that's they may be raising awareness of issues facing society around technology development, what they are actually doing is the opposite, they are burying the real issues under a pile of ignorance and paranoia.

Mad as Fish

Mad as Fish

Why do you say that?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Have a read of the thread, especially the bits that are described as paranoia by your now screaming colleague Wefordman.

wexfordman

You have no understanding of how this technology may be used.
In order to understand how it can be used, you must understand how it works, you and FM understand neither.

Dadaist

Have a read of the thread, especially the bits that are described as paranoia by your now screaming colleague Wefordman.
Learn how to debate logically. I have no associations with the Sunny South East.

Mad as Fish

In order to understand how it can be used, you must understand how it works, you and FM understand neither.
Nonsense. Can you give me chapter and verse on the mapping parameters for a diesel engine, or explain the role of material choice in transmission manufacture or maybe the metabolism of caffeine by the body?

Probably not, but you use them every day.

Mad as Fish

Learn how to debate logically. I have no associations with the Sunny South East.

I have been, you need to learn to recognise it.

wexfordman

Nonsense. Can you give me chapter and verse on the mapping parameters for a diesel engine, or explain the role of material choice in transmission manufacture or maybe the metabolism of caffeine by the body?

Probably not, but you use them every day.
I am not making outlandish claims about the diesel engine though. I am not claiming the diesel engine can be used by a consortium of government and private agencies to control the population

firefly123

Your are being deliberately obtuse.

The state has the power to request vehicles to stop on pain of a fine or other sanction if you fail to do so. It does not have the power to switch cars off en masse or prevent individuals from traveling as they will with AV's. Once you provide this mechanism then it will be abused by both the state and its employees just as sure as night follows day. Just think of the inconvenience whistle blowers might encounter in taking a trip to the shops if they are not in total control of their vehicles.
And you are being deliberately insane.

Mad as Fish

I am not making outlandish claims about the diesel engine though. I am not claiming the diesel engine can be used by a consortium of government and private agencies to control the population
That was not the point I was making as you well know.

Top Bottom