• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gang rape and race.

NewDawn1

When looking at the facts, the United Kingdom has some interesting, however alarming statistics, when it comes to race and gang rape. The Metropolitan Police are one of the only police forces that collect such facts.

According to this article Gang rape: Is it a race issue? - Crime - UK - The Independent that is written by an author from from Sierra Leon:

'One of the few police forces to have begun recording the figures of reported gang rape is the Metropolitan Police. In 2008 alone, they received reports of 85 gang rapes. Using the Met's definition of gang rape – those involving three or more perpetrators – we began to look at the number of convictions. We tracked down 29 cases, from January 2006 to March 2009, in which a total of 92 young people were convicted of involvement in gang rape.

One fact stood out. Of those convicted, 66 were black or mixed race, 13 were white and the remainder were from other countries including Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.'

When black and mixed race people make up a minority in London, by any objective measure we can see that there is a clear an defined link between race and gang rape. However the link may of course have nothing to do with a predisposition to rape and could be a cause of environmental factors?

Either way, I think these statistics are surely very disturbing at the very least.

pippakin

When looking at the facts, the United Kingdom has some interesting, however alarming statistics, when it comes to race and gang rape. The Metropolitan Police are one of the only police forces that collect such facts.

According to this article Gang rape: Is it a race issue? - Crime - UK - The Independent that is written by an author from from Sierra Leon:

'One of the few police forces to have begun recording the figures of reported gang rape is the Metropolitan Police. In 2008 alone, they received reports of 85 gang rapes. Using the Met's definition of gang rape – those involving three or more perpetrators – we began to look at the number of convictions. We tracked down 29 cases, from January 2006 to March 2009, in which a total of 92 young people were convicted of involvement in gang rape.

One fact stood out. Of those convicted, 66 were black or mixed race, 13 were white and the remainder were from other countries including Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.'

When black and mixed race people make up a minority in London, by any objective measure we can see that there is a clear an defined link between race and gang rape. However the link may of course have nothing to do with a predisposition to rape and could be a cause of environmental factors?

Either way, I think these statistics are surely very disturbing at the very least.
Very disturbing but perhaps not entirely unexpected the record should be nationwide to give a clear idea partly because London is a hugely multicultural city with many areas largely immigrant and partly because London is a young city and that means its very trend conscious. The last several years have had the youth gangster rap type of fashion and whilst that may not advocate violence it does seem to demote the women's role into nothing much more than a piece of subservient eye candy.

Narcissist

What's the official line the Church is taking? Only, the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea, so I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism...

Ren84

Every hour at least one anti-immigrant thread gets started on P.ie. With your help we can put an end to this cruel practice. Call 1800-HELP-PIE today and please give a donation. Thank you.

Brought to by the Committee for Ethical Threads.

Ribeye

"of those convicted"

Most relevant line in the OP,

NewDawn1

What's the official line the Church is taking? Only, the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea, so I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism...
I feel bad about liking this comment. But it was very funny :)

NewDawn1

The stats come from a predominantly non white region but nice try.
No. They come from London. The article focuses on an area with a large amount of black people in its search for an answer.

Malbekh

I rest my case m'lud

Ribeye

Facts and statistics are generally true.

However they are often used by liars to "prove" things that are blatantly untrue.
73% of Irish people don't know that,