• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Garda Assault trial collapses

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiestablishmentarian

Well surprise surprise, the Garda asault trial has just collapsed, citing the release of new information which has come to the attention of the ombudsmans office and prosecution. I wonder if they'll see fit to disclose it to the public. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation.

Garda assault trial has collapsed - RT News

idle tim

Well surprise surprise, the Garda asault trial has just collapsed, citing the release of new information which has come to the attention of the ombudsmans office and prosecution. I wonder if they'll see fit to disclose it to the public. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation.

Garda assault trial has collapsed - RT News
The report says the case has been set for the 10th November,i assume that means a new trial with new Jury Sworn in?.It is rather curious though.

antiestablishmentarian

The report says the case has been set for the 10th November,i assume that means a new trial with new Jury Sworn in?.It is rather curious though.
I think it means the trial date had been set for then, but that the jury was discharged prior to the beginning of it.

Odyessus

what does this exactly mean, for those not in the know?

It means the judge feels that the interests of justice would not be served by allowing the trial to continue. He will give more details on November the 10th.

In the meantime, the matter is still sub judice, so any comment or speculation may be prejudicial.

Sync

It means the judge feels that the interests of justice would not be served by allowing the trial to continue. He will give more details on November the 10th.

In the meantime, the matter is still sub judice, so any comment or speculation may be prejudicial.
/MOD/ Exactly. I've removed a number of posts from this thread and am temporarily locking it while the Mods discuss if it should be reopened. /MOD/

Sync

/MOD/ In light of the fact that the trial has been rescheduled, this thread will remain locked as the case remain sub judice. /MOD/

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies