Garda Crime Statistics are so untrustworthy they are now being reported as "Under Reservation"

venusian

Garda Crime Statistics are so untrustworthy they are now being reported as "Under Reservation"

It is shocking that in a first world country that Garda Crime Stats continue to be so untrustworthy that the CSO have developed a new category, titled "Under Reservation". Gardai continue to inaccurately record all type of crime. The new stats show a major increase in serious crimes and who knows how much worse the real figures are!

The figures once again highlights the Garda's ability to count, but also its culture, its terrible attitude to whistleblowers, such as the garda analysts Lois West and Laura Galligan, and its ability to identify, record and ultimately tackle crime. Next thing they will be looking for is a wage rise!

Of course when you have the likes of Vacous Windbag Varadkar along with his FFG lackeys having pledged their most fulsome support for the likes of ex Commissioner O'Sullivan and the useless and worse ex Justice minister Fitzgerald the rot will continue. The AGS needs a major shake out and reform but under the baton of FFG It will never happen!
Keep safe folks.

Homicides increase by nearly 20% after review finds gardaí inaccurately recorded all types of crime
Homicides increase by nearly 20% after review finds gardaí inaccurately recorded all types of crime

Alan Alda

I chuckled today when the AGSI lady said ensuring accurate figures was not their responsibility.
So what do Garda 'Inspectors' ,inspect exactly? Lol.

venusian

I chuckled today when the AGSI lady said ensuring accurate figures was not their responsibility.
They inspect their wage packet and noting else apparently!

Alan Alda

They inspect their wage packet and noting else apparently!
Why wouldnt they? They cant be sacked. Performance is largely irrelevant.
Its no skin off their nose if our towns and cities are becoming no go areas for ordinary folks.

blokesbloke

Seriously she said that? Wow.

HenryHorace

Another example of the corrupt nature of our state under FG's watch.

Catalpast

It is shocking that in a first world country that Garda Crime Stats continue to be so untrustworthy that the CSO have developed a new category, titled "Under Reservation". Gardai continue to inaccurately record all type of crime. The new stats show a major increase in serious crimes and who knows how much worse the real figures are!

The figures once again highlights the Garda's ability to count, but also its culture, its terrible attitude to whistleblowers, such as the garda analysts Lois West and Laura Galligan, and its ability to identify, record and ultimately tackle crime. Next thing they will be looking for is a wage rise!

Of course when you have the likes of Vacous Windbag Varadkar along with his FFG lackeys having pledged their most fulsome support for the likes of ex Commissioner O'Sullivan and the useless and worse ex Justice minister Fitzgerald the rot will continue. The AGS needs a major shake out and reform but under the baton of FFG It will never happen!
Keep safe folks.

The figures BTW are broadly accurate out side the dangerous driving category

- which may be down to initial recording of an incident and a latter Court case.

They should now move their attention to the farcical 'Census' we have every five years!

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
The figures BTW are broadly accurate out side the dangerous driving category

- which may be down to initial recording of an incident and a latter Court case.

They should now move their attention to the farcical 'Census' we have every five years!
You appear to be either illiterate or innumerate. The figures for manslaughter show the biggest percentual jump.

Catalpast

None of this is surprising. It's well past time we had a brand new police force.

There's a model in he north to follow and from which to learn.
Are you on drugs?

The PSNI are just about tolerated in wide tracts of the North

- they are not in any way shape or form a Community Police Force

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Are you on drugs?

The PSNI are just about tolerated in wide tracts of the North

- they are not in any way shape or form a Community Police Force
I said "to follow and from which to learn." You must have missed that.

Plenty of mistakes were made when setting up the PSNI (of course). We can learn from them.

GDPR

I said "to follow and from which to learn." You must have missed that.

Plenty of mistakes were made when setting up the PSNI (of course). We can learn from them.
I think the point that you're making is that we need a modern, properly organised police force, can look at PSNI for an example. I would also favour creating or beefing up a proper and separate intelligence agency.

eoghanacht

No doubt Leo has full confidence in the current commissioner.

valamhic

Its shocking. The Commissioner's job is advertised and Fine Gael is in power. That means more of the same. Nothing can be done. I pity any young person choosing a career in the Gardai.

People don't care, they would not vote for an alternative.

valamhic

Any word or sign of when a full time replacement can be expected?
The replacement is already selected.
The process is just box ticking. The Minister could not select a custard cream out of a box of USA biscuits.

I am inclined to the view that the concept of a National Police Force is wrong. It should be split up similar to Britain
into regions with no overall Commissioner. Years ago, regional Commissioners were appointed to mind regions. It failed miserably, jobs for the boys.

PAGE61

If you look back to the 80s 90s and early 00, ex Garda or senior Garda made up a large section of bedsit landlords ...I do not think the young Turks entering Templemore will be
buying up as many properties in the future... though I could be wrong

hammer

The replacement is already selected.
The process is just box ticking. The Minister could not select a custard cream out of a box of USA biscuits.

I am inclined to the view that the concept of a National Police Force is wrong. It should be split up similar to Britain
into regions with no overall Commissioner. Years ago, regional Commissioners were appointed to mind regions. It failed miserably, jobs for the boys.
Boll ix.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies