Garda shot dead in Roscommon

Supra

Very sad and strange story this.

Did the suspect hand himself in as there were no there Gardai on duty?

gijoe

Lots of questions on this one. Getting a hold of a detective's weapon in a struggle of course is possible but was it cocked and the safety off? If not then the perp would have to have been well aware of how to use that particular weapon in a fraction of a second presumably?? Alternatively the Detective himself drew the weapon, cocked it, and took the safety off for some reason and at that point lost it in the struggle. Lots of questions on this one.

Politics matters

Whoever did this and his associates (if it is gang-related) are fecked. There will be a national witch hunt for them akin to what happened to the Hutchs and Kinahans after the Regency shooting.

Sync

Lots of questions on this one. Getting a hold of a detective's weapon in a struggle of course is possible but was it cocked and the safety off? If not then the perp would have to have been well aware of how to use that particular weapon in a fraction of a second presumably?? Alternatively the Detective himself drew the weapon, cocked it, and took the safety off for some reason and at that point lost it in the struggle. Lots of questions on this one.

There'll be a full investigation, and we'll see what happens with the suspect in custody. The statement from the Gardai mentions "Gunshot wounds" plural, which indicates more than one shot.

Politics matters

Maybe it is early in the day and people are working, because I cannot see why this thread has gotten very little attention.

Or is it that a random murder in another country is more important than a killing of a member of An Gardai Siochana?

james toney

Maybe it is early in the day and people are working, because I cannot see why this thread has gotten very little attention.

Or is it that a random murder in another country is more important than a killing of a member of An Gardai Siochana?
Maybe because people don't want to speculate or wrongly accuse anyone or any group.
There is very little facts about the mans killing....it makes sense not to jump to any unsubstantiated conclusions.

Politics matters

Maybe because people don't want to speculate or accuse anyone or any group.
There is very little facts about the mans killing....it makes sense not to jump to any unsubstantiated conclusions.
But, this is a shocking event. Less than 100 Gardai (thankfully) have been killed in the line of duty since its creation.

Emily Davison

Also so much bad news.

Why would there be an armed gardai out in Castlerea at night. Does that not have to be for very specific reasons.

recedite

There is no info coming out whatsoever.
You have to wonder whether the two men knew each other personally.

recedite

That's always the problem with an information vacuum. Something eventually fills it.

The Inspector General

As far as I am aware there is no safety on the Sig pistol which is issued to the Gardai.Nor is there a need to cock it.Just pull the trigger.
Very sad day for the Gardai and the country.My condolences to the family and friends of Detective Garda Horkan.

recedite

I'd be surprised if there was no safety catch, but I'm no expert.
For those wondering about the censoring in these posts, cock would be the male version of a hen.

gijoe

As far as I am aware there is no safety on the Sig pistol which is issued to the Gardai.Nor is there a need to **** it.Just pull the trigger.
Well if that is the case then that is a stonking safety flaw in their weaponry. No wonder they are going around shooting themselves in the feet!!

The OD

"There's no info coming out whatsoever. LET'S SPECULATE LIKE MORONS!"
Yes, did you expect measured, reasoned responses?

I'd say it was George Soros, in the kitchen, with a miniature brass statue of General Robert E. Lee.

Anyway, idiocy aside, very sad to hear it.

RIP.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom