Garda strike legal repercussions?

firefly123

That's a common theme, repeated often to anyone who dares question things about our public sector
Jaysus would you get over yourself. He isn't a columnist or a polemicist he's an "impartial" chair of a pay commission. if you had any sense under all the victimhood you'd want him to shut up too. Thst way a guy sharing your view might actually keep his job.

Last edited:

wexfordman

He's meant to be an impartial representative appointed by the government. He might want to kill all gingers and dress in a tutu at the weekend but the point is he keeps it to himself.
Imagine as an impartial representative he came out and stated that all those earning over 80,000 should pay extra tax. I can't imagine many of the posters on here would be defending him for expressing an opinion.
Being impartial does not prevent one from commenting.

wexfordman

Jaysus would you get over yourself. He isn't a columnist or a polemicist he's an "impartial" chair of a pay commission. if you had any sense under all the victimised you'd want him to shut up too. Thst way a guy sharing your view might actually keep his job.
Go Way out of it FFS, anyone who disagrees with public sector pay, conditions, or comments against a union position is pretty much accused of being anti PS or PS bashing or a right wing nut etc etc.

Get over yourself I would suggest

firefly123

Being impartial does not prevent one from commenting.
It does if you are meant to be making a decision about a party.

What if a judge said he thought all travellers were scum. Do you think the mcdonagh he put away for 10 years might have grounds to appeal?

firefly123

Go Way out of it FFS, anyone who disagrees with public sector pay, conditions, or comments against a union position is pretty much accused of being anti PS or PS bashing or a right wing nut etc etc.

Get over yourself I would suggest
Says the guy with that for a signature.

Merovingian

The only hope here is that the Garda reject the Labour Court opinion and threaten to go out again. Public opinion is not behind them and latterly the Government seem to be manifesting a modest degree of spine. Out you go boys and girls in blue. Only two outcomes...nothing happens and you look bad...or hell breaks loose and you look even worse. I am a PS employee. None of my colleagues lost their jobs involuntarily. All took substantial pay cuts with those at the top losing in actual and relative terms the most. I see no reason why the Garda should see pay rises over and above those of other PS members other than a grandiose sense of entitlement fanned by a habit of getting their own way.

wexfordman

Says the guy with that for a signature.
Yeah,

I changed my signature when asti went lit on strike and the Garda threatened to.mutiny unless they got more money out of private sector tax payers.

freewillie

What if a judge said he thought all travellers were scum. Do you think the mcdonagh he put away for 10 years might have grounds to appeal?
What are you insinuating about the mcdonagh name?

Roman Emperor

Given that the decision went in favour of the Garda they really don't have a whole lot to be whining about, do they now?

In my view the GRA and AGSI has become too politicised and they have taken to commenting on stuff that is none of their concern.

They should be disbanded, or at the very least denied any role in pay negotiations.

I have seen neither group rushing to the defense of Gda Wilson or Sgt McCabe over the past few years.

midlander12

The only hope here is that the Garda reject the Labour Court opinion and threaten to go out again. Public opinion is not behind them and latterly the Government seem to be manifesting a modest degree of spine. Out you go boys and girls in blue. Only two outcomes...nothing happens and you look bad...or hell breaks loose and you look even worse. I am a PS employee. None of my colleagues lost their jobs involuntarily. All took substantial pay cuts with those at the top losing in actual and relative terms the most. I see no reason why the Garda should see pay rises over and above those of other PS members other than a grandiose sense of entitlement fanned by a habit of getting their own way.
Yes I suspect that is what will happen but they will not have much public support. Probably not much out of the ordinary will happen anyway (given that large tracts of Dublin or other urban centres have effectively been given over to the criminal class anyway) and the Gardai will get the blame for notifying the criminals in advance.

Eoin Coir

Of course all the union leaders are annoyed with the garda group because they got a better deal and as a result the unions membership are asking what they are paying their bozos six figure sums for.
laugh of all is that state pays the GRA & AGSI bosses pay and expenses. Now that they are in Lab Court land, let members subscriptions fund the top fat cats of GRA & AGSI

4horsemen

laugh of all is that state pays the GRA & AGSI bosses pay and expenses. Now that they are in Lab Court land, let members subscriptions fund the top fat cats of GRA & AGSI
do you mean that the head of the GRA and AGSI are on paid leave from their posts in the force?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom