"Gardai aiding and abetting evictions" Gardai disgrace themselves again

Emily Davison

Its not baseless to claim the 'security' were loyalists.
Well than what is the basis for saying the Security men were loyalists. Or is more true to say they were security men from NI who happen to be Protestant. And apart from one of those men saying he is British, does it actually matter if his job is as a legitimate security man.

Dame_Enda

Ìts also more evidence of what I warned about on other threads, namely FG's feudalisation of the Irish economy. In the Middle Ages the local robber baron would send hired thugs to evict people.

Emily Davison

It is disgraceful that the media failed to report the violence visited upon elderly people last Tuesday by loyalist terrorists but cries crocodile tears when the tables are turned and justice is handed out by locals.
How do you know the security men were loyalist terrorists?

Emily Davison

Ìts also more evidence of what I warned about on other threads, namely FG's feudalisation of the Irish economy. In the Middle Ages the local robber baron would send hired thugs to evict people.
What has this got to do with FG?

Buchaill Dana

Emily, you are conflating the two issues.

1. Were KBC entitled to foreclose. Who knows.

2. Were KBC right to use loyalist thugs to evict a week before Christmas. Thats a lot clearer.

Emily Davison

WTF are you talking about, I listened to this on the news yesterday, it's in the Irish Times, Sun, Mirror etc. What is disgraceful is that these thugs were brought down from NI to do an eviction and behave as they did, also disgraceful that locals took the law into their own hands but to be expected in all honesty.

This situation must never recur again.
The whole thing was handled very badly. I think that a better solution would have been for the bank (we are not even sure it's the bank and not revenue) could have left the three people in the house for the rest of their lives and then sold it when the last of them died. It's not like it's a valuable house. But maybe they couldn't do that as that family would have caused trouble for whoever would buy the land. You can be sure the land is worthless now as nobody would touch it.

Emily Davison

Because I don't recall anything like this happening under FF and I'm not a FF voter.
Bet anything that FF's causing the boom and bust has a lot more to do with this story than anything to do with FG.

Not that I personally see any difference between FF and FG.

Buchaill Dana

How do you know the security men were loyalist terrorists?
Social media has identified. One was ex UDR from Antrim. A number are ex Paras from Derry. That bit isnt really in dispute. Its the same 'firm' with the dodgy van from the Dublin incident.

Emily Davison

2. Were KBC right to use loyalist thugs to evict a week before Christmas. Thats a lot clearer.
1. How do we know it's KBC, they sold the loan to Cabot. So it's Cabot not KBC isn't it. And given this man's history with the Quarry and with the VAT I suggest to you that there is a lot more going on here than just 'farming'.

2. The timing I agree is most unfortunate. That's because 'corporate' doesn't do 'humane'.

3. Please link me to proof it was loyalist thugs and not ordinary security men. Also you've left out the hired thugs in balaclavas, who and what are they.

paulp

Were they entitled to foreclose? I would say so.

on the 2nd point, KBC should be held fully to account for the actions of their agents, you can't just outsource that type of work and them wash your hands of how it's performed.

Emily Davison

Social media has identified. One was ex UDR from Antrim. A number are ex Paras from Derry. That bit isnt really in dispute. Its the same 'firm' with the dodgy van from the Dublin incident.
Well I'm disputing everything until we actually know the truth of everything. Can we just leave aside the NI issue for a minute. Are the men legitimate security men. Do you have an issue with ex service personnel working in security. Are they know as thugs in their current job or are they just security men.

Can you link me to proof of one being ex UDR and 'a number' being ex Paras.

And if they are, genunine question, what does it mean.

- Clearly I think anyone thinking getting security down from NI was an idiot - that is not my point though. Also there is an issue in Ireland with evictions, particularly in relation to land, so I'm assuming that you can't hire anybody in Ireland now for these evictions.

- If the man owed all this debt, bank, revenue and Quarry, do you think he should be evicted in order to pay his debts and if not what solution do you (or others) propose.

Last edited:

Emily Davison

Ill take your point re KBC/Cabot.

Proof? Its all over the net. Fill your boots
Now Buchaill with all respect I don't care what's on the net until I have a thing called 'facts' not a media mob. Personally I'm naturally upset the siblings were evicted. And I think a way could have been found to let them live in the house, but the bank nor revenue didn't bring this to their door, that's my opinion.

WayOutWest

Because I don't recall anything like this happening under FF and I'm not a FF voter.
Who was in government when Shell was forcing through the gas pipeline in Mayo. Security made up of dodgy ex Eastern European military personnel, ex British army members and our own AGS all engaged in unlawful activities which were never condemned by FF or FG.

Socratus O' Pericles

Poorly handled, how much did they owe the bank btw?

Dame_Enda

Who was in government when Shell was forcing through the gas pipeline in Mayo. Security made up of dodgy ex Eastern European military personnel, ex British army members and our own AGS all engaged in unlawful activities which were never condemned by FF or FG.
Yes but that happened over an incredibly long time, whereas this is the second time the govt have used private security contractors from NI/UK for evictions since 2016.

automaticforthepeople

Eh? When it comes to a disgrace perhaps we may consider the property owner who in this case settled for under declaration of VAT and paid penalties to Revenue totaling €400K. Why is it that its only when the interests of the wealthy are at stake that people get worked up and take the law into their own hands?

I can't see a difference between breaking tax law and breaking someones skull. But then that's just me.