"Gardai aiding and abetting evictions" Gardai disgrace themselves again

__e621

As I said previously, the banks were due to default on their debts to the European Central Bank in September, 2008, and Brian Lenehan and the politicians rushed in to save them defaulting (they had to, or we would lose our savings and the cash machines will have no money) and made the Irish taxpayer pay to the tune of €70 billions (and with interest etc over €100 billion) for their financial over- stretching.
Why did they save the banks to the cost of the Irish taxpayer (leave out the part where they had to) and it is a different scenario with ordinary people/farmers who get into trouble - who bails them out?
Is there really a difference to both situations.
Ordinary bank customers have their deposits insured by a guarantee scheme, currently covering up to €100k per person. The Irish government could have nationalised just the retail banking parts of the system and let the bond-holders get hit. Life could have carried on for most people without any effect, and it would only have been institutional investors who would've been hit. And hit for making bad investment decisions by putting their money in high risk Irish banks.

These people who were evicted have a very long track record of "getting into trouble" - whether through ignorance or malice. Why should they be bailed out? And at the expense of Belgian KBC bank who had no involvement in the Irish banking collapse or guarantee fiasco in 2008?

cobhguy

Thats VERY different to what you claimed
Really, Activists waiting on the property, What were they there for. were they all going to hold a camera. One very lodicial explanation, they were there to stop the eviction just as the retired garda tried to stop it.

BACKTOBASICS

Yes he or she can.
Well, there you go - farmers go limited and like any other company in a business reduce your risk of your farm being seized and kicked out of your house and off your land, if the farming goes belly up.

Half Nelson

Yes he or she can.
Unlike many industries a farmer won't get a loan without putting up his land and / or his home as collateral.

Round tower

If you break this down to

Elderly people evicted forcefully from home.
Elderly persons assaulted in plain view of the Garda

Nothing done

Vigilante group visit farm and attack those who did this?

Yes it was a heavy handed attack on the Security guards ...but as I said in another post. martin the Vyper Foley was also running a security service so that goes to show what a "Security" service can look like
They were not elderly, 2 mid 50's, the other one early 60's. i am 54 and i don't think i am elderly

__e621

Well, there you go - farmers go limited and like any other company in a business reduce your risk of your farm being seized and kicked out of your house and off your land, if the farming goes belly up.
Of course, any assets a company might have (such as farmland or machinery) could be seized and sold in order to pay any creditors.

And if a director is trading fraudulently or while insolvent, they can still be held personally liable for debts that liability from a company structure would normally limit.

NativeWildCat

Ben Gilroy is no yellow-vest, and if DDI is anything to go by, he's no hero. A man looking to mainstream fascism in Ireland.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

bokuden

[TWEET]1075034334510362626[/TWEET]
What a scumbag is Varadkar. FG are the party in government and as such bear responsibility for state sanctioned violence in evictions (which they and FF fully support). SF have NOTHING to do with this violence on either side. But FG have a lot of responsibility.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Typical immature Varadkar.
Playing to his well-heeled property class base. He and FG are heroes to them...destroying the property market, funneling public money to landlords, and writing legislation in such a way as to ensure that it is still possible for 'charities' to buy bundles of loans from banks at knockdown rates.

GDPR

Playing to his well-heeled property class base. He and FG are heroes to them...destroying the property market, funneling public money to landlords, and writing legislation in such a way as to ensure that it is still possible for 'charities' to buy bundles of loans from banks at knockdown rates.
Very cheap politics. As far as we know the only people with paramilitary links involved in this serious breakdown of civil order were the security firm employees. At least that is what the papers are reporting. I would expect Varadkar, like any PM, to first and foremost insist that the law should not be taken into the hands of masked vigilantes, but to imply the Opposition either supported this, or had some involvement in it, is quite dangerous, inflammatory talk.

That's why I call him childish.

Greener

How so?

Lagertha

The point is they were not doing their job ..they were standing by while a crime was been committed .. did you not watch the video
I do love these videos, all the wrongdoings of the ''victims'' are cut out and the posted video attempts to make something look like something it isn't. Cop on, they refused to leave and they were physically removed, they clearly haven't learned their lesson and I suspect that there will be more of this nonsense in the New Year when they will be evicted again. When you don't pay your mortgage eventually the bank goes to Court and gets a repossession order, it's why most people pay their mortgage. This crowd of shysters brought in their own mob to try to prevent their eviction and what has it achieved? There's a dead dog, 3 badly injured security men, 5 other injured men, burned out vehicles and damage to the property.

Don't forget that this was sanctioned by criminal gangs operating not just in the area but further afield, the kind of men who like to steal other farmers cattle. I wonder why they were so eager to get involved in this case. I suspect that a lot more dirt will come to light, reading between the lines of what Charlie Flanagan has been saying. These people are dirt.