• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Gardai evidence in Love and Slurry Murder Trial

redneck

I read the trial reports every day. The Gardai did well imho. They made some mistakes at the start but they recovered and got a conviction.
Really it boils down to this:
Only one or maybe two people knew about the underground tank, Quirke and maybe one of Lowery's brothers.
So if only 2 people knew about the existance of the tank- one of them must have been the murderer and put the body in it.

redneck

Quirke should tell us how and where he murdered Moonlight (Ryan). And quit with the whinging.

Round tower

We didn't hear all the evidence the jury did.

From what I did hear I think he probably did it, but probably isn't enough to send someone to prison for murder
By that are u saaying it was manslaughter not murder, if so what evidence was before the ccourt to back your claim

Round tower

Any one who followed the trail would know that Quirke was guilty. He was guilty of "sins of the flesh".
He had a wife and a farm, tragically he lost a son, but this was not enough for him. He wanted more, his "neighbours" wife and his neighbours farm too.
I would like Mr Quirke now to tell us what really happened on that fateful June morning. There are a lot of unanswered questions:
Where did the murder happen, what was the murder weapon, what did he do with Bobby Ryan's van, what did he do with the mobile phone and wallet and clothes.
I could never understand the timeline of events:
Ryan left Lowery's house in his van, he stopped and got out of van, was assaulted. Also I would guess Ms Lowery knows a bit more than she is letting on. Anyway well done Gardai!
A lot of people would have the same opinion

redneck

It was a brutal attack, and a degrading end for Mr Ryan, to end up naked in a slurry pit. Mr Quirke should now tell us all what really happened.

Cdebru

By that are u saaying it was manslaughter not murder, if so what evidence was before the ccourt to back your claim
No I'm saying he probably is responsible for the murder, but probably is not the standard for a conviction. There are lots of unanswered questions and lots of pure nonsense, someone searched for an article on body decomposition, so what ? People search and read all kinds of random sh*t. He wasn't a particularly nice person again that doesn't make you a murderer, no one put him at the scene, no one seen him with the victim, zero forensics from the van, the only thing really tying him to this is that he had an affair with the girlfriend of the victim a few years earlier, and the body was found on property he was renting,
Is that enough to convict someone ? Doctors said he may have been struck by a vehicle, the vehicle would had damage as well ? Was Quirkes car damaged ?
Bobby Ryans phone pinged at 10.19 on the day he disappeared, where was Quirkes phone pinging at that time, I never read any mention of it.

Emily Davison

Well done the jury. Prosecution did a really good job. Though I believe he did it I didn’t think there was enough to convict. So I’m surprised at the verdict. Is there any grounds for an appeal I wonder.

Orbit v2

Very interesting description of the case. Haven't read all of it yet, but it sounds like the defence were continuously interrupting and almost trying to run the prosecution's case for them. Fair play to the judge for holding the line, but one would imagine that considering the antics of the defence they might well be minded to appeal on one of these numerous points of contention.

cozzy121

Well done the jury. Prosecution did a really good job. Though I believe he did it I didn’t think there was enough to convict. So I’m surprised at the verdict. Is there any grounds for an appeal I wonder.
It'll defiantly be appealed, with the jury being split and all.

amsterdemmetje

No I'm saying he probably is responsible for the murder, but probably is not the standard for a conviction. There are lots of unanswered questions and lots of pure nonsense, someone searched for an article on body decomposition, so what ? People search and read all kinds of random sh*t. He wasn't a particularly nice person again that doesn't make you a murderer, no one put him at the scene, no one seen him with the victim, zero forensics from the van, the only thing really tying him to this is that he had an affair with the girlfriend of the victim a few years earlier, and the body was found on property he was renting,
Is that enough to convict someone ? Doctors said he may have been struck by a vehicle, the vehicle would had damage as well ? Was Quirkes car damaged ?
Bobby Ryans phone pinged at 10.19 on the day he disappeared, where was Quirkes phone pinging at that time, I never read any mention of it.
He was found Guilty by a Jury that makes him a Murderer .

neiphin

It was a brutal attack, and a degrading end for Mr Ryan, to end up naked in a slurry pit. Mr Quirke should now tell us all what really happened.
Why
What business is it of yours

amsterdemmetje

And jurys have never been wrong ?
Did i say they haven't ?
This guy is guilty found by this jury to be so ,they sat there for 14 weeks and found him guilty ,they saw more and know more about the case than you me or any other "expert" on here and he will remain guilty until found otherwise.

Emily Davison

Very interesting description of the case. Haven't read all of it yet, but it sounds like the defence were continuously interrupting and almost trying to run the prosecution's case for them. Fair play to the judge for holding the line, but one would imagine that considering the antics of the defence they might well be minded to appeal on one of these numerous points of contention.
That's the best article I've read on the case. Excellent reporting. Looks like the Defense tried every trick in the book.

Levellers

It was clear the Gardai were inventing evidence right up until the start of the trial. We've seen plenty of this in the past and only recently in the show trial involving water protesters. There was just as much circumstantial evidence against Lowry as there was against Quirke.

On the balance of probabilities I think Quirke did it. The bar for guilty however is beyond reasonable doubt.

redneck

It was clear the Gardai were inventing evidence right up until the start of the trial. We've seen plenty of this in the past and only recently in the show trial involving water protesters. There was just as much circumstantial evidence against Lowry as there was against Quirke.

On the balance of probabilities I think Quirke did it. The bar for guilty however is beyond reasonable doubt.
Part of the reason the Gardai were so determined to prosecute this case was that Pat Quirke was "known to them". There had been complaints about him in regard to stalking and harrassing Mary Lowery. Now Ms Lowery was no angel, she was known as "Giddy Mary".
I would hope now Mr Quirke will do the decent thing and admit to the crime. And hopefully accept his sentence.
One last point, he supposedly had googled Jo Jo Dullard, a missing person too.

artfoley56

. Also I would guess Ms Lowery knows a bit more than she is letting on. Anyway well done Gardai!
and that is quirke's final sting and testament to the work done by his defence to create this kind of supposition. the attacks on Ms lowry were designed to bring about reasonable doubt and if some yahoos after reading a few columns in a paper rather than sitting through all the evidence and watching all the body language and inconsistencies come to this conclusion then quirke has won to an extent by damaging her reputation, something he had failed to do with the CFA, locals and new boyfriends.

a nasty vindictive piece of sh1t who would've easily been at home in that slurry pit judging by his slimy sh!tty actions

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies