Gardaí foil Castleisland ATM theft.

Mushroom

Indeed - well done to the member of the public who tipped the Gardaí off.

I gather that they're from Northern Ireland - I wonder if they were trying to get some funds for SF's current by-election campaign! :)

Terminal

I gather that they're from Northern Ireland - I wonder if they were trying to get some funds for SF's current by-election campaign! :)
Surely they wouldn't be that foolish .... would they??!:rolleyes:

Well done member of public and Castleisland Guards. Will be interesting to see who these people are and their backgrounds when they are arraigned before the courts.

Mushroom

Surely they wouldn't be that foolish .... would they??!:rolleyes:

Well done member of public and Castleisland Guards. Will be interesting to see who these people are and their backgrounds when they are arraigned before the courts.
Well, somebody has to pay for all the mugs of tay and ham sangwiches that those devoted little SF canvassers are going to devour over the next fortnight or so as they try to persuade voters that Gerry Adam's latest protogée wouldn't recognise an armalite if it bit him on the leg.

Boy M5

Why is thread turning into an attack on Sinn Fein?

Mushroom

Boy M5

Whimsy dear boy, whimsy.
What's whimsical about a criminal gang undertaking a robbery in what is effectively a residential area? Castleisland isn't a big town. I'm not suprised they were caught.

Mushroom

What's whimsical about a criminal gang undertaking a robbery in what is effectively a residential area? Castleisland isn't a big town. I'm not suprised they were caught.
Ah, but that is fact.

It's my suggestion that the robbbery may have been a fund raiser for the SF by-election campaign that was whimsy.

Try to keep up!

milesian

Why is thread turning into an attack on Sinn Fein?
Because lazy assumption is done exceptionally well by many folks in Ireland. It's a national pastime. They should be applauded for their independence of thought and their wondrous sense of humour.

Last edited:

ocoonassa

What's whimsical about a criminal gang undertaking a robbery in what is effectively a residential area?
Ah stop attacking the Shinners, they've an election to rig

Mushroom

Poster may be suggesting that hundreds of Co. Londonderry residents have registered to vote in DSW over the past 2 years!

(Mere whimsy on my part, again, of course!)

Boy M5

Poster may be suggesting that hundreds of Co. Derry residents have registered to vote in DSW over the past 2 years!

(Mere whimsy on my part, again, of course!)

I hope it is whimsy, as although Derry & Donegal are part of the same region, with close commercial, economic & family ties it would be illegal & undemocratic for residents of Derry to be voting in Donegal SW.

I cannot believe that the Electoral Commission would allow it to happen, also FF is one of the most, if not the, most effective political machines in European politics, they won't allow it happen.

Or is this just more propaganda aimed at Sinn Fein with the intention that if one throws enough mud some sticks?

wee slabber

No doubt the Sunday Indo is constructing such a story as we speak. Then again, cretins such as Mushroom will buy it as the God's honest truth. Expect the "sources close to the IRA army council told the Sunday Indo, it is us wot dunnit." line of story.

As a northerner, I despise this kind of anti-northern bias, as expressed on this occasion by Mushroom, which lumps all things "northern" in to one stew of subversives and malcontents.

Tammie

it says in the Times that the the gang tried to remove an ATM from the wall of the bank at 5am this morning with the use of heavy machinery. I cannot for one moment fathom how they thought they could get away with it. It dosen't say what bank branch it was but both main banks,AIB & BOI are located in central parts of the town. Many people living in flats and houses nearby must have heard the racket at that hour of the morning, gotton up looked out their windows and wondered what the f*** was going on. Well done An Garda Siochana for catching another load of 'bad fellas'.:)

Just Jack

its not surprising the fact the state puts protecting money in banks before all else pity the garda dont take mugging and burglery as seriously.

But then politicians are simply the political wing of the banks.
x 2.

reknaw

No doubt the Sunday Indo is constructing such a story as we speak. Then again, cretins such as Mushroom will buy it as the God's honest truth. Expect the "sources close to the IRA army council told the Sunday Indo, it is us wot dunnit." line of story.

As a northerner, I despise this kind of anti-northern bias, as expressed on this occasion by Mushroom, which lumps all things "northern" in to one stew of subversives and malcontents.

I fully agree. The attitude of the Sindo, Mushroom and all the other West Brit, Celtic Cringe Conor Crude O'Harrisites of their ilk rather reminds me of a T-shirt I saw on sale in Cairo. It read: "Whatever I do, blame Al-Quaeda".petuniapetuniapetunia

New Threads