Gardai investigating fellow Gardai! A bucket of whitewash or a valid investigation?

venusian

Following on from the PAC committee's probing and exposure of Garda management practices and the revelations about Templemore and its seriously dodgy dealings with tax payers money an investigation will take place into "alleged criminality "

Garda management investigated by own officers in probe of 'slush fund' - Independent.ie
The Garda Ombudsman has taken the unprecedented step of seconding a high-level team of gardaí, including senior detectives, forensic accountants and members of the fraud squad, to investigate the Templemore Garda Training College 'slush fund'. The move means members of Garda management will be investigated by their own officers as part of the probe into alleged criminality at the college.:roll:

Gardai investigating Gardai? How could any honest decent person believe for one moment that such an investigation will be impartial and truthful and not just another bucket of whitewash job to cover up sleaze and corruption.

Personally I have more trust in the EU anti-fraud body, Olaf, who have confirmed that its own probe into Templemore is set to include on-the-spot checks and inspections of Garda premises!

realistic1

Following on from the PAC committee's probing and exposure of Garda management practices and the revelations about Templemore and its seriously dodgy dealings with tax payers money an investigation will take place into "alleged criminality "

Garda management investigated by own officers in probe of 'slush fund' - Independent.ie
The Garda Ombudsman has taken the unprecedented step of seconding a high-level team of gardaí, including senior detectives, forensic accountants and members of the fraud squad, to investigate the Templemore Garda Training College 'slush fund'. The move means members of Garda management will be investigated by their own officers as part of the probe into alleged criminality at the college.:roll:

Gardai investigating Gardai? How could any honest decent person believe for one moment that such an investigation will be impartial and truthful and not just another bucket of whitewash job to cover up sleaze and corruption.

Personally I have more trust the EU anti-fraud body, Olaf, who have confirmed that its own probe into Templemore is set to include on-the-spot checks and inspections of Garda premises!
I suppose to keep the pretence of a functioning Police force, they have to announce these "investigations" The reality is business as usual.

venusian

I suppose to keep the pretence of a functioning Police force, they have to announce these "investigations" The reality is business as usual.
I expect they will uncover some minor revelations of bad practice a la the recent scandal of the fake breath tests rather than exposing serious criminality :roll: Hopefully the EU anti-fraud body, Olaf, will get to the root of at least where the EU money went!

irish_bob

AGS only seriously investigate the minority of clean cops

maurice mc cabe being a clear case in point

Mrwoody

Nothing to see here move along, hove you a light on your bike? i have guard, well turn it on so.

venusian

We'll get to the point sometime of juries being peopled by gardaí, the DPP being a garda, and the judge a garda too, for trying criminal gardaí, should GSOC ever even begin to look like anything other than a joke.
Leo Varadkar keeps saying he has the most fulsome confidence in Noirin O'Sullivan so I am sure he would agree with you!
In the mean time she shows her ultimate commitment to reforming the force...by trying to leave!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/osullivan-kept-quiet-on-europol-application-777gnm6bd
"The garda commissioner did not inform the government of her application to join Europol, the European policing agency based in the Hague, the Department of the Taoiseach confirmed yesterday.If her application had been successful, Nóirín O’Sullivan would have been obliged to resign ahead of her appearance at the Disclosures tribunal. Chaired by the judge Peter Charleton, the tribunal is investigating whether gardai conspired to undermine whistleblowers in the force."

Prester Jim

Of course it will be a whitewash, the investigating Gardai will have plenty of evidence of the rewards that await them if they actually do their job and unveil the corruption, personal vilification, ostracism, their career to be wrecked by a constant flow of false allegations about their own corruption, marital affairs, paedophilia and their twisted malicious personality etc

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Being a democracy with all due respect for the political theory of same the Garda Siochana will I am sure maintain a respectful and independent distance from themselves while carrying out this investigation into themselves.

I wonder does the semi-official unit Noirin formed out of retired and serving Gardai to carry on investigating whistleblowers still meet.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Why is it that it is always Taoisigh who are the the last people in the country to realise that the object of their veneration in terms of confidence doesn't have the confidence of anyone else in the country?

Are they a bit slow or is it that they still haven't had the telephone machine installed in the Taoiseach's office yet?

Mind you it could be worse. If the Taoiseach was picking the football team Brady and Paul McGrath would still be tottering down the tunnel.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

I have no confidence in AGS for even the most trivial of matters.

Unless I needed to claim off insurance, get a new passport or some other similar matter, I would stay away from any dealings with them.

For me, that concept of having no faith in the police service of the state is a truly frightening idea that I would never have thought possible in my youth when I believe them to be the 'good guys'.

This is just another case where they will do as they have always done and nobody will be punished.

venusian

Being a democracy with all due respect for the political theory of same the Garda Siochana will I am sure maintain a respectful and independent distance from themselves while carrying out this investigation into themselves.

I wonder does the semi-official unit Noirin formed out of retired and serving Gardai to carry on investigating whistleblowers still meet.
I love your irony :), I am sure they will set up "Chinese Walls" and the left hand will not know what the right hand is doing!:roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies