Gardai raid Traveller halting site in Cork.

Scitlipo

Gardai are raiding a halting site in cork following the posting of the following video [video=youtube;5HUHpjvmD6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HUHpjvmD6M[/video]

Shots were apparently fired during the standoff with one group of men in balaclavas and brandishing various weapons.
https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2017/0906/902727-cork-search/
When will the authorities finally clamp down on the outrageous behaviour of sections of the Travellers?

Sister Mercedes

Listening to Paschal Sheehy tying himself in knots on the 1 o clock news to avoid mentioning the word travellers I was reminded of Basil Fawlty "I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it". The mention of machetes sort of gave it away though.

ruserious

Gardai are raiding a halting site in cork following the posting of the following video [video=youtube;5HUHpjvmD6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HUHpjvmD6M[/video]

Shots were apparently fired during the standoff with one group of men in balaclavas and brandishing various weapons.
When will the authorities finally clamp down on the outrageous behaviour of sections of the Travellers?
In response to your final question. Presumably now?

The Field Marshal

Listening to Paschal Sheehy tying himself in knots on the 1 o clock news to avoid mentioning the word travellers I was reminded of Basil Fawlty "I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it". The mention of machetes sort of gave it away though.
What about the pistol being fired.?
Did paschal mention that I wonder.

ergo2

Glad AGS are investigating.

Have I missed the Pavee Point statement?

razorblade

Its about time these bunch of parasites will start to be dealt with by the full force of the law.

GDPR

Its about time these bunch of parasites will start to be dealt with by the full force of the law.
You're 'avin a laff m8, if you think any such thing will actually happen besides this initial flurry of activity.

lilesosanne

Website
jobpathmyexperienceoftheemploymentandskillsprogram.wordpress.com
Twitter
@lilesosanne
some sections of society are been allowed to evade the law and this has to stop for the social cohesion of society as a whole. The garda need to be fully resourced and stop with is blue flu thing. The legal system needs a good overhaul, so that those that go to prison get a sentence that truly fits the crime and that the time served is a deterrent; right now it is a holiday for most of them.
Only a strong government can bring this about, and we have a Taoiseach who is behaving like the president rather than running the country and holding ministers and civil servants accountable.
Time for a new Government and well funded and motivated Garda and for all criminals to be in fear of prison.

Website
www.merrionstreet.ie

RACIST hey are protected now as minorities, in a way they are New New Irish and you can't say anything bad about them. It's a cultural thing.

ShoutingIsLeadership

So, the Gardai does its job, and it's the cue for some more pie Traveller bashing

Old Mr Grouser

some sections of society are been allowed to evade the law and this has to stop for the social cohesion of society as a whole.

The garda need to be fully resourced and stop with is blue flu thing.

The legal system needs a good overhaul, so that those that go to prison get a sentence that truly fits the crime and that the time served is a deterrent; right now it is a holiday for most of them.

Only a strong government can bring this about, and we have a Taoiseach who is behaving like the president rather than running the country and holding ministers and civil servants accountable.

Time for a new Government and well funded and motivated Garda and for all criminals to be in fear of prison.
You've made several good points there, Lily, but the problems deeper than that.

The whole Justice Industry needs a massive overhaul; there have been no really basic changes since when when it was set up in the nineteen twenties.

There needs to be some Policing that's independent of central government, and at least some courts where the judges aren't political appointees.

RasherHash

Slash hooks :)

cricket

If he mentioned a halting site, you wouldn't have to mention travellers. It's hardly boy scouts who are there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies