• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Gardai wiped Judge Mary Devins licence Dáil told

Grey Area

"Judge Mary Devins, wife of former Fianna Fail TD Jimmy Devins, and the same Judge who gained notoriety for calling the the Dept. of Social Protection a Polish Charity, was identified by TD Clare Daly, who said the Government has known about the "systematic writing off of motoring offences" for almost a year. Along with fellow Opposition TD Joan Collins, Ms Daly named Ms Devins in the Dail."

"It came following revelations from a garda whistleblower that at least two judges, a television presenter and sports stars were among those who had their driving record wiped clean."

"Both Ms Daly and Ms Collins spoke out despite warnings from the Leas Ceann Comhairle, Michael Kitt, not to do so."

"Transport Minister Leo Varadkar last week confirmed the receipt of information alleging inappropriate use of legitimate garda procedures. The matter was referred to Justice Minister Alan Shatter and justice officials are examining the claims."

Business as usual or will anything happen?

TD names judge as a penalty points VIP in controversy

Gardai wiped judge's licence, Daly tells Dail

TDs try to raise penalty points issue

Judge Devins gives unreserved apology for Polish dole comments

Last edited:

ruserious

If this is true, she should resign. We can't have a judge who sees themselves above the law.

Ribeye

Is the list of names public yet, if Daly has it, she should release it,

McTell

Twitter
No
Good for Ms Daly, if we're paying we're entitled to know.

Ribeye

kkkkkkkkkk

the elites are alive and well in Ireland

slippy wicket

Anyone involved in this scandal should have any points reapplyed to their licence.

flavirostris

Seems as though she's not averse to receiving the odd bit of "charity" herself.

The Herren

It is no surprise that this kind of corruption was exposed by an Independent TD if it was ever going to be exposed. I am certain that none of the spineless TDs in the "main" parties would have blown the whistle because they might one day want to avail of thiis "perk" for themselves or their family or friends. Well done Ms daly, you are not my favourite TD but I take my hat off to you!

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Still only an accusation, so careful now indeed. A pretty damning one though, should be followed up.

On an aside, she's very glam.

Edit - Jesus, the Judge, the Judge, lest someone thought I meant Clare Daly...

NewGoldDream

Website
-
It is no surprise that this kind of corruption was exposed by an Independent TD if it was ever going to be exposed. I am certain that none of the spineless TDs in the "main" parties would have blown the whistle because they might one day want to avail of thiis "perk" for themselves or their family or friends. Well done Ms daly, you are not my favourite TD but I take my hat off to you!
Unless, of course, she is wrong...

cabledude

Anyone involved in this scandal should have any points reapplyed to their licence.
And be made pay the original fine along with interest and costs. If no costs can be quantified, make some up.

The Herren

"Judge Mary Devins, wife of former Fianna Fail TD Jimmy Devins, and the same Judge who gained notoriety for calling the the Dept. of Social Protection a Polish Charity, was identified by TD Clare Daly, who said the Government has known about the "systematic writing off of motoring offences" for almost a year. Along with fellow Opposition TD Joan Collins, Ms Daly named Ms Devins in the Dail."

"It came following revelations from a garda whistleblower that at least two judges, a television presenter and sports stars were among those who had their driving record wiped clean."

"Both Ms Daly and Ms Collins spoke out despite warnings from the Leas Ceann Comhairle, Michael Kitt, not to do so."

"Transport Minister Leo Varadkar last week confirmed the receipt of information alleging inappropriate use of legitimate garda procedures. The matter was referred to Justice Minister Alan Shatter and justice officials are examining the claims."

Business as usual or will anything happen?

TD names judge as a penalty points VIP in controversy

Gardai wiped judge's licence, Daly tells Dail

TDs try to raise penalty points issue

Judge Devins gives unreserved apology for Polish dole comments

The Herren

Unless, of course, she is wrong...
That is a valid point but I believe that our Government and Judiciary is so corrupt that you don't have to go looking for it - the putrid pus oozes out of every cushy seat.

eoghanacht

Grubby FF bastards.

Popular Threads

Most Replies