• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Garret the Good talking out of his .... again

Cael

Im just looking in shock at Garret Fitzgerald on Vincent Brown talking about the "extraordinary" integrity of Irish politics in the first 40 years after the founding of the free state. And how this extraordinary integraity made life so much better for the ordinary people.

Has poor ould Garret finally gone completely senile? These extraordinarily honest politicians sent thousands of poor children on a conveyer belt system to be raped and molested. They forced one out of every two people born here to emigrate. They had a legal system where you had to be a male property owner to even sit on a jury (until 1975 when Mary Robinson defeated that - thanks David McWilliams for that info), and the tricking going on with the land commision was absolutely scandelous. FF used the land commision blatently to build up its cummainn.

I could go on...

hmmm

He was very uncomfortable when questioned about his pension and car after lecturing us on integrity and living within our means. He can't do anything about the car apparently, you'd swear it was following him around like Herbie.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Garret Fitzgerald suffering from nasal congestion?

Just switched over to VB's show and he's "interviewing" Garret Fitzergerald. Garret is slurring, rambling and completly incoherant. Now he's no longer leading the country (and he was a complete failure when he was) and he's as entitled to a drink as anyone, but why do we have to see the embarrassing spectacle?

Tomas Mor

I think Garret is long past his sell by date and he is attention seeking. Was in US over weekend- tough going for his age.

hiding behind a poster

Just switched over to VB's show and he's "interviewing" Garret Fitzergerald. Garret is slurring, rambling and completly incoherant. Now he's no longer leading the country (and he was a complete failure when he was) and he's as entitled to a drink as anyone, but why do we have to see the embarrassing spectacle?
You're some loser, aren't you? FitzGerald was more coherent in 5 minutes on that programme than you've been in 5 years on this site.

hiding behind a poster

No I know he's normally bad, but he's not even forming proper sentences now.
This thread says a lot more about you than it does about FitzGerald.

turdsl

It would be the gentlemanly comment to say. "I hope we are all as good when we are 85
But then the quality of the comment best describes the poster not Garret.

Tomas Mor

Maybe he was up until 5 am. on a bender in New York where he was at weekend, or doing impression of Micheál O Muirheartaigh, suffering now from sore throat, nasal conjestion etc of the type Dermot Ahern , Mary Hanafin and Michael Martin diagnoses.

politico24

Keith, Garrett FitzGerald is a man of integrity. He is a man who loves our country and gave of his best at all times for this country.

It is because of people like you voting for crooks like Haughey, Ahern, etc etc that this country is down the tubes. If the people at the top are on the take society and economy will crumble.

Your post says more about you than anything anybody else ever will. People who elected the crooks got what they deserved. Maybe now voters will look for integrity as an important quality in a politician.

cry freedom

You must have been watching a different show to the one I saw?

seangos

OP ought to have a bit of respect. Garret may have had his failings but his integrity and sense of duty were always beyond question.

LiberalFG

Twitter
@dmvmurphy
Absolutely horrific thread. The OP, some loser with a high opinion of himself ranting on his laptop, isn't fit to tie Garett's shoelaces.

richie268

Give an 85 year old man a break!

Pabilito

He was never particularly good at sentences but if I manage to get to his age I would hope I will be still up and about like him.. so have a bit of respect.