• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Gary Johnson - the new Perot

Breanainn

Compared with European elections, US third-party candidates traditionally struggle to gain any media attention. Most polling conducted at either national or state level only includes the two major contenders, and in a catch-22 scenario, outsiders need to poll at 15% to be included in TV debates. Exceptions to these rules include George Wallace, whose candidacy scuppered Democrat chances of success in 1968, and most famously, Ross Perot, whose 19% score ensured Clinton's 1992 election.

Now, however, Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party has started to record 10% scores in a number of three-way polls against Trump and Clinton, despite the obvious monetary and logistical obstacles in his path. He has already secured a place on all 50 state ballots, so could he prove the greatest thorn in the GOP's side?

Pay Attention To Libertarian Gary Johnson; He

Analyzer

The field is wide open.

Bloomberg might decide to run yet.

Dame_Enda

The interesting thing is that polls show he also hurts Clinton's poll rating. In the Fox poll with him on 10%, Trump still wins 42-38. There are plenty of social libertarians who vote Democrat and economic libertarians who vote Republican.

NYCKY

William Weld, the former (R) Governor of Massachusetts will be his running mate. this is an interesting ticket and could definitely gain from voters not enthusiastic about either major party nominee.

If they could garner 10% or more they could really alter the vote in some key states. It could make it a very interesting electoral map.

Dame_Enda

He could take New Mexico from Hillary. The governor is not yet backing Trump and perhaps supporting Hillary would be a stretch. The state is 48% Hispanic. Haven't seen polls in the state yet

NYCKY

He could take New Mexico from Hillary. The governor is not yet backing Trump and perhaps supporting Hillary would be a stretch. The state is 48% Hispanic. Haven't seen polls in the state yet
The New Mexico primary is yet to come, it will be held a week from Tuesday.

Eight years ago, Hillary had a narrow win but the contest was much earlier in the process.

Will be interesting to see how Hillary does this time.

Dame_Enda

The New Mexico primary is yet to come, it will be held a week from Tuesday.

Eight years ago, Hillary had a narrow win but the contest was much earlier in the process.

Will be interesting to see how Hillary does this time.
I mean in the General Election. If Martinez endorses him.

Meanwhile anti Trump speaker booed off the stage in of all places California state university.

Mr Aphorisms

Twitter
crimesofbrits
Another libertaryan. He won't be elected. Corporations or the workings class won't allow it. He'd destroy the country. Hopefully he does get elected and the kip collapses along with the crakkker establishment.

GDPR

Has Johnson actually announced he is running, or is this thread just speculating he may run?

Dame_Enda

Johnson is expected to be the Libertarian candidate and will be on the ballot in almost every state if not all of them.

GDPR

Why the hell not? Its like Trumpzilla or Queen Kong are the best loved movie monsters evahhhhhh

Clanrickard

Another libertaryan. He won't be elected. Corporations or the workings class won't allow it. He'd destroy the country. Hopefully he does get elected and the kip collapses along with the crakkker establishment.
*translation* I only support blatant left wing candidates.

GDPR

She is the Establishment Candidate. Brought to you by Goldman Sachs.

Who the hell likes Hillary except the most blinkered Baby Boomer WASP women, ie born around the late 40s to mid 50s who still think its all about getting that corner office?

Shes a corporate, war-mongering shill.

Mr Aphorisms

Twitter
crimesofbrits
*translation* I only support blatant left wing candidates.
No, I support state capitalist parties. Libertaryanism, well, North American libertaryanism, is suicidal feudalism. I dare say Clan, I'd even worry about you in a Johnson and American libertaryan utopia.

By their logic, the people who may have got cancer from talcum powder thanks to J@J have only themselves to blame for not testing the product and having perfect information. I'm not wholly familar with Johnson, but I look up American libertaryans a lot for laughs. A joke movement. They've been planning to take the government back for decades. Not one shot fired :) They cant be empirically countered anyway. Praxeology, that other canard for the Somalia promoting Mises nuts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies