• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gay Divorce, A Step Too Far?

Vega1447

Boy M5

Very good!

Dr Pat

Gay marriage in a nonsense as marriage is between a man and a woman. Gay divorce is therefore equally as ridiculous a concept.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Gay marriage in a nonsense as marriage is between a man and a woman. Gay divorce is therefore equally as ridiculous a concept.
Not at all. Sure I married plenty of ingredients last night to come up with a marvellous dinner altogether. Lovely it was.. and all natural too. And tis an awful pity more divorces aren't 'gayer'.

Dr Pat

Not at all. Sure I married plenty of ingredients last night to come up with a marvellous dinner altogether. Lovely it was.. and all natural too. And tis an awful pity more divorces aren't 'gayer'.
Yeah marriage is akin to making a dinner -pathetic.:roll:

Astral Peaks

Yeah marriage is akin to making a dinner -pathetic.:roll:
It is, you have to have a good receipe and the right ingredients.....

Simples....

Last edited:
M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

It is, you have to have a good reciepe and the right ingredients.....

Simples....
Beat me to it. A bit of spice and a bit of sweet never goes amiss either I'm sure (though, as I'm not married, I'll defer to those more practiced at it than I am) although I'm positive something savoury is the desired outcome.

S

simeongrimes

Gay marriage in a nonsense as marriage is between a man and a woman.
That's what most of us grew up believing but when the issue came up it turned out there wasn't much of a foundation to our belief. If your statement was as self-evident as you think they how is it that the debate is being won so convincingly by the other side?

Dr Pat

That's what most of us grew up believing but when the issue came up it turned out there wasn't much of a foundation to our belief. If your statement was as self-evident as you think they how is it that the debate is being won so convincingly by the other side?
Because they are noisier, know how to utilise the media, counch their agenda in the language of 'human rights'. Why do you say that there isn't much of a foundation to our belief. Look at standard definitions of the term marriage. Society has identified marriage as between male and female sexes and it is really for procreation and nurturing of the species, not social re-engineering in pursuit of individual 'rights'.

EUrJokingMeRight

This is great news.......

FINALLY A MAN WILL GET TO LIVE IN HIS HOME AFTER A DIVORCE

Great news to counter the gold digging whores who proliferate heterosexual marriages

:D

Astral Peaks

Because they are noisier, know how to utilise the media, counch their agenda in the language of 'human rights'. Why do you say that there isn't much of a foundation to our belief. Look at standard definitions of the term marriage. Society has identified marriage as between male and female sexes and it is really for procreation and nurturing of the species, not social re-engineering in pursuit of individual 'rights'.
Dr Pat, did it ever occur to you to check out the Forum this thread was opened in?

artfoley56

mention gay marriage or abortion and the jesus lovers are out in force with placards talking about whats right and gods plan and yet none of them ever picketed a church after all the revelations came out or even questioned the church.

anyway, back to topic, im looking forward to gay pleadings and poodle custody battles

eoghanacht

Fair enough but can we do something about the ginger people running around the place, breeding looking people in the eye as if they were equal, the audacity of it.

That and a ban on circus dwarfs, yes dwarfs, none of the PC mumbo jumbo from me. Are you aware of the high death rate amongst circus dwarfs? Nothing to be scoffed at and as a result the state is left to clean up their 'little' messes.

Rocky

I know people are joking, but this could be legally very interesting, escepially if there's children involved.

EUrJokingMeRight

I know people are joking, but this could be legally very interesting, escepially if there's children involved.
Yep. It would make a mockery of the family courts which seem to believe that children should be kept with the mother, in the family home, where possible. This would be particularly evident in seperation after adoptions, should adoptions for gay couples be legalised.

After a separation/divorce what happens to the children?

If there is no mother, as in a two man relationship then what? If there are two mothers, such as a two woman relationship, then what. Who gets the kids?

It will highlight the blatant unjustifiable inequality in current heterosexual separation custody arrangements in the family courts.

Findings and the differences therein between heterosexual and homosexual separations would be legally incompatible.

problems ahead.

Vega1447

An interesting piece in the Guardian:
Gay marriage: some legal inequalities will remain | Society | guardian.co.uk

Gay couples will (according to the article) not be able to divorce on grounds of adultery or non-consummation - apparently because the draughts(wo)men found it difficult to find appropriate definitions in the case of gay couples...:shock2: