Gay man comes out as FF councillor

asset test

Wasn't Roscommon the only County that voted against SSM?

But they do live forever up there according to reports.

Sounds like Deliverance from death.

DJP

Ther'be be a gay councillor in Roscommon, well I be. :shock2: Seriously I am posting from Roscommon now and would like to see more of the gay bastards in the county for pluralistic purposes! :) Good news though I suppose. Not that I usually go with the celebrating gay people thing, at least in Dublin where there are thousands of gay people and the media where there are loads already..

blinding

Nobody cares that the man is gay....its the untold damage that he and fianna fail will do that is truly worrying .

Politics matters

Who cares about where he likes to put his mickey?

Leo came out too, probably thought doing so would make his party look more liberal.

the secretary

He will be immune from any criticism from now on. Smart move

Fullforward

the last election

1 FG
2 FF
3 SF IRA
Fianna Fail 2002............... 770,748 votes, 81 Seats and 41.5% of the vote

Fianna Fail 2007................ 858,565 votes, 77 Seats and 41.6% of the vote

Fianna Fail 2011................ 387,358 votes, 20 Seats and 17.45 of the vote

Fianna Fail 2016................ 519,356 votes, 44 Seats and 24.3% of the vote

Lets hope this up and down trend continues, if Martin remains it surely will.

GDPR

The people of Roscommon are in shock tonight as local homosexual John Keogh admitted he was a FF councillor.

Keogh said he decided to speak out in order to "quell rumours" circulating on social media.

"Its the 21st century" he may, or may not, have said. "Most people are willing to be more tolerant of difference. I'm not trying to force my inclinations on anyone."

However locals appear unimpressed, with one man calling Keogh a "pervert" and worrying that he "will infect local children with his vile pro-FF tendencies."

Keogh was unavailable for comment this evening. It's understood that his family have known about his deviant political leanings for some time, and are standing by him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...s-out-publicly-to-quell-rumour-mill-1.3215698
Fair play to him and I hope he can learn to live with it.

firefly123

The people of Roscommon are in shock tonight as local homosexual John Keogh admitted he was a FF councillor.

Keogh said he decided to speak out in order to "quell rumours" circulating on social media.

"Its the 21st century" he may, or may not, have said. "Most people are willing to be more tolerant of difference. I'm not trying to force my inclinations on anyone."

However locals appear unimpressed, with one man calling Keogh a "pervert" and worrying that he "will infect local children with his vile pro-FF tendencies."

Keogh was unavailable for comment this evening. It's understood that his family have known about his deviant political leanings for some time, and are standing by him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...s-out-publicly-to-quell-rumour-mill-1.3215698
Are you a Waterford whispers employee? Very good

Weevil

“I hope that by me publicly coming out today, it will highlight the lack of commitment from this government and previous ones to properly fund mental health services,” he wrote in a lengthy post on Facebook.

Typical FF..............

He really needs to become a fully-fledged TD.

Back in the day when homosexual acts were legalised, The IT carried a photo of gay activists celebrating in Kildare Street. The caption to the photo ran something along the lines of "Gay activists celebrate yesterday's legalisation of homosexual acts in the Dáil".

The following day a beautifully plaintive plea appeared in the letters page. It went sort of like this:

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to see that homosexual acts were legalised in the Dáil yesterday. Unfortunately, I live in Sligo and Dáil Eireann is a bit of a trek for me. Can the government please see their way to legalising such acts on a national basis?

Yours etc...

toughbutfair

Most gays are effeminate, I'm sure most people knew, like when Ricky Martin admitted being gay. It's rarely a shock.

Most gays are effeminate, I'm sure most people knew, like when Ricky Martin admitted being gay. It's rarely a shock.
The majority of gays of my acquaintance are not effeminate in any way.

mr. jings

Surely there must be some sort of treatment for being a fianna fail councillor.......I hope his family are not too ashamed of him being a fianna fail councillor......
Fianna Fáilness is a terrible hereditary disease. My thoughts and prayers are with all the poor aFFlicted families out there.

Accidental sock

I'm OK with it....some of my best friends are FF Councillors....

...but they should NOT be allowed to get married.

gijoe

I'm OK with it....some of my best friends are FF Councillors....

...but they should NOT be allowed to get married.
Now now.....marriage equality and all that good stuff........gelding them however is a good subsitute.......

I don't know any on a personal level but I've never met anyone who seemed straight who turned out to be gay. The famous ones , including Leo all seem gay
Confirmation bias at work. Maybe people don't feel comfortable enough around you to tell you that they are gay. I can understand why the wouldn't if your attitude here translates to real life interactions.

The majority of the gay people I know are not discernible as such. They're just people who are gay.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom