Gay man comes out as FF councillor

mac tíre

Gay pubs /nightclubs aren't my thing and I don't understand the fashion or their fascination with madonna , lady gaga etc. I see them at gay pride marches in the city centre and it's a scene that just isn't for me. I am perfectly happy going to the average bar.
You might have to sit down for this and perhaps will have to give the aul smelling salts a bit of a sniff:

There are many Gay men and women in many "average" bars. You might have spoken to one or, God forbid, went to the toilet the same time as one.

They don't fúcking wear signs on their heads, ffs. I suggest you board yourself up in your house.

Texal Tom

Twitter
Don't tweet
The majority of gays of my acquaintance are not effeminate in any way.
I was having dinner with my friends brother who lived around the corner from me in flat land Dublin back in the college days. I knew he was gay but only for the boy posters all over the walls and maybe his job as a wardrobe assistant he was just an ordinary guy who was a great cook. Then his fella called over and he went into hyper gay mode - I remember being shocked by the sudden transformation... not sure how common this is - no doubt a few of the lads here could respond

lilesosanne

Website
jobpathmyexperienceoftheemploymentandskillsprogram.wordpress.com
Twitter
@lilesosanne
The people of Roscommon are in shock tonight as local homosexual John Keogh admitted he was a FF councillor.

Keogh said he decided to speak out in order to "quell rumours" circulating on social media.

"Its the 21st century" he may, or may not, have said. "Most people are willing to be more tolerant of difference. I'm not trying to force my inclinations on anyone."

However locals appear unimpressed, with one man calling Keogh a "pervert" and worrying that he "will infect local children with his vile pro-FF tendencies."

Keogh was unavailable for comment this evening. It's understood that his family have known about his deviant political leanings for some time, and are standing by him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...s-out-publicly-to-quell-rumour-mill-1.3215698
Ahh Roscommon, the only country to vote NO to same sex marriage. Says it all really doesn't it.

Why do homosexuals come out, I have never come out as heterosexual - until now that is.

publicrealm

Desiring to be a FF Councillor is not in itself sinful (but let's be honest here and admit that it is an objective disorder). Acting on such a desire certainly is sinful.

I don't agree with the IT highlighting this. Glamorising or normalising it in this way may lead to emulation and we could be overrun by FF Councillors and their unnatural practices.

I shall send a stiff letter to the editor.

RadicalJacobin

I'm sick and tired of all these damned Fianna Failers prancing about on our streets, knocking on our doors every five years. They choose their deviant centre-ground, policy-less lifestyle and expect us to be okay with it! Whats next thousands of strangely detailed and obsessive threads about Fianna Fail's sexual conduct on P.ie Disgraceful and disgusting :evil:

livingstone

I've no real problem with FF councillors. I'm just sick of their attention seeking. It feels like every secon thread is about them and they need to understand that NOBODY CARES.

And to demonstrate that I don't care, I have set up a google alert for FF councillors and will furiously rush to p.ie to talk about this every time someone mentions a FF councillor!

Casablanca

I suppose all these FF Councillors will be entitled to free adoptions next?

And what about the STD rates amongst them?

im axeled

Surely there must be some sort of treatment for being a fianna fail councillor.......I hope his family are not too ashamed of him being a fianna fail councillor......
what are the ffailures saying about this sudden decleration

Armchair Activist

The humouristic approach of this thread reminds me of how rollerblading was killed off in the 1990s. All it took were someone calling it gay and shameful. Nobody would be seen dead with them after that.

Maybe the fianna fail thing is just a phase.

Armchair Activist

It's also bizarre why fianna fail community members wish to pervert our saint Patrick's day parades. Keep your filth away I say

SuirView

The humouristic approach of this thread reminds me of how rollerblading was killed off in the 1990s. All it took were someone calling it gay and shameful. Nobody would be seen dead with them after that.

Maybe the fianna fail thing is just a phase.
Some "phase".
On of the most successful parties that's served in govt in Europe, if not the world!

Half Nelson

Roll_On

What's next tents at the races to support their developer friends? tax breaks for them?
slippery slope.

Blokesbloke

These are the big stories in Ireland.

Congratulations I guess.

The gays should get over themselves. Nobody cares what ya do with yer Mickey.
Actually people used to care very much what we did with our mickeys, and what we wanted to do with them was illegal in Ireland until 1993.

The fact that "nobody cares" now is because we refused to "get over ourselves" and keep quiet.

If this councillor wants to tell people he is gay that's his business. If you don't care you don't have to.

Blokesbloke

Incidentally, although the OP and many of the replies are very funny, that fact is that there's still hundreds of thousands of Irish people who voted FF, even in the election after the crash, and their numbers have strongly recovered remarkably quickly since.

Sorry to say it but the idea that FFness is some kind of terrible thing that Irish society in general might make you feel better, but it isn't true...

popular1

Incidentally, although the OP and many of the replies are very funny, that fact is that there's still hundreds of thousands of Irish people who voted FF, even in the election after the crash, and their numbers have strongly recovered remarkably quickly since.

Sorry to say it but the idea that FFness is some kind of terrible thing that Irish society in general might make you feel better, but it isn't true...
It's bad enough he is gay worse that his is a FF councillor but I would say being a member of the legal leeches really is just too much

Armchair Activist

Some "phase".
On of the most successful parties that's served in govt in Europe, if not the world!
That's the spirit but I don't care what you're lot have been up to in the past. It's your own business

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom